Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Why are the armor sets only for certain levels?

ImaginaryDimension
ImaginaryDimension
✭✭✭
I have been searching the world wide web looking for a V10 armor set with the 20% ultimate reduction cost and guess what? There isn't one... I was shocked! So I have to stick with V1 Akaviri Dragonguard set if I want that particular bonus.

So I thought well it isn't too bad, I'll just get the V10 crafted set with that bonus but guess what? No such bonus exists.

Sure some of the bonuses on the sets are great but the ultimate reduction set is a great set but at V10 it's not so great anymore. I hope with the coming of Craiglorn that more sets are introduced. There should be at least 10 or 15 different sets of V10 armor. After all V10 or soon to be V12 is end game so why the hell we only get 2 sets for each armor type?

There should be 10 light sets, 10 medium sets and 10 heavy sets. Also I want to see accessories included. I'm really disappointed to see such few sets at end game tbh.
Edited by ImaginaryDimension on May 13, 2014 4:53AM
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been searching the world wide web looking for a V10 armor set with the 20% ultimate reduction cost and guess what? There isn't one... I was shocked! So I have to stick with V1 Akaviri Dragonguard set if I want that particular bonus.

So I thought well it isn't too bad, I'll just get the V10 crafted set with that bonus but guess what? No such bonus exists.

Sure some of the bonuses on the sets are great but the ultimate reduction set is a great set but at V10 it's not so great anymore. I hope with the coming of Craiglorn that more sets are introduced. There should be at least 10 or 15 different sets of V10 armor. After all V10 or soon to be V12 is end game so why the hell we only get 2 sets for each armor type?

There should be 10 light sets, 10 medium sets and 10 heavy sets. Also I want to see accessories included. I'm really disappointed to see such few sets at end game tbh.

Yep, I'm VR3 now but part of my gear is still VR1 as there was no VR2 version and as far as I can tell there isn't a VR3 version either.
    Unfortunately it seems like yet another time when zeni could only be bothered to do half a job !

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
    Options
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole set system needs to be overhauled. For dropped sets and crafted sets. Majority of them are pretty terrible, some are even broken.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that. My goal was to get to end game, pick out a reasonable crafting set, get all my relevant crafting done and save/trade mats like crazy as I level, and make my own set (or sets, if I can get the jewelry to drop - or if they INTRODUCE JEWELRY-CRAFTING!) and make my own improved-to-Legendary enchanted, styled (even if I have to mix styles for a good look) full medium armour do-out.

I've been deconstructing all the magical blacksmithing stuff for to get the improvement mats to trade even-steven for equal amounts of clothing/woodworking mats. :/
    Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on May 13, 2014 10:37AM
    Options
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One year. I think is the fair time we can give any game to show their potential for fixes/content/updates. Don't give up now! Let's see it through.
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm only level 27. It's going to take a LONG time to get to VRwhateveritwillbebythen. And I didn't take into account steady VR level increase with steady introduction of new content (every 3 months or so they said?)

By then there'll probably be more crafted sets in-game, if people indicate they like to craft their own. And jewelry-crafting!
    Options
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm only level 27. It's going to take a LONG time to get to VRwhateveritwillbebythen. And I didn't take into account steady VR level increase with steady introduction of new content (every 3 months or so they said?)

By then there'll probably be more crafted sets in-game, if people indicate they like to craft their own. And jewelry-crafting!

LONG time? you aren't joking my friend. To give you some idea VR2-VR3 is over 1.3 million points ! ! !
    That is made even worse when you are having to wear armor that is at least a level below what you should be wearing.

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, where does the magic number '10' come from?

And what's with the fixation on gear sets anyway?

Gear is a means to and end, nothing more, if the content at VR10 doesn't need a particular set bonus then there's no need for it.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 13, 2014 11:13AM
    Options
  • ImaginaryDimension
    ImaginaryDimension
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

Gear is a means to and end, nothing more, if the content at VR10 doesn't need a particular set bonus then there's no need for it.
    KerinKor wrote: »

70% of this game is about getting gear, leveling up and doing endgame content. Don't try to act like a pvp hero, as if you can 1v5 groups when you're naked.

Gear is VERY important, even more so when you're pvping and trying to do the craiglorn content when it comes out. I for one hope it's significantly more difficult than Veteran crap, you can even 3 man the dungeons on veteran mode.

All I'm saying is for the size of the game and the amount of content in it, I am quite shocked as to how little effort they put into gear overall.

I just want to see more effort being put into end game content. Would be really nice if they threw in world bosses in cyrodiil as well that spawn randomly around the map. Bosses with 2million hp that hit like trucks and need 20+ people to take down.

Obviously the reward would be 10k ap + the very rare chance of a pvp weapon dropping? I dunno it just seems like they threw end game together in a few days tbh.

Options
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    aye, I must agree. The whole context of the story for the V levels left me really bland at first. I have gotten into the swing of it now, but still this questing the other factions still seems like it was an idea to just tide us over doing something til the new contents rolls out.
    As far as end game? What end game?
    You quest the other factions for now, or you PvP, which is really hit or miss, and don't go alone....muhahaha
    Options
  • beeriod
    beeriod
    ✭✭
    For some context VR9 -VR10 is 4.1 million VP
    EU server / Ebonheart pact
    Penguin Mafia
    Pm for invite
    Options
  • ImaginaryDimension
    ImaginaryDimension
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I totally agree this is the other problem that must be addressed urgently before people get bored of the game.

ZOS needs to understand that not everyone likes zerg vs zerg pvp, in fact quite a lot don't like it from what I've seen, but it's the only form or pvp going so... we have to make do.

I would very much welcome arena based pvp. 1v1, 3v3 and 5v5. It would be great for me to grab 4 guys on my ts who I know are good at pvp, who have good gear and take them into a 5v5 arena for a proper fight.

Zerg vs Zerg is only fun for the first 100 zergs...
    Options
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop zerging then, and get your ass to Bruma.
    Options
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Joolio wrote: »
    One year. I think is the fair time we can give any game to show their potential for fixes/content/updates. Don't give up now! Let's see it through.

(15x12) = 1 year of ESO = $180.00

That's not counting the 60 or 80 bucks for the game.

I have never had a problem with subscriptions of an MMO. However I don't stick with crappy MMOs that can't get most of their crap together within the first four months. (1 free month and a 3 month sub)

That is my deadline. After that, I wish ZOS good luck, but I will not play another MMO from them after that.

Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are hidden places in the world that let a player make certian armor sets, the trick is to find the places for a crafter can use. I know of 3 or 4 places thus far that I can make a armor set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJNvh7c0MkM
    Options
  • ImaginaryDimension
    ImaginaryDimension
    ✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    There are hidden places in the world that let a player make certian armor sets, the trick is to find the places for a crafter can use. I know of 3 or 4 places thus far that I can make a armor set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJNvh7c0MkM

I am a V10, what are the chances that I'm not aware of these special crafting stations throughout the world? Thanks for trying to help but no need to point out the obvious.
    Options
  • XanadoX
    XanadoX
    ✭✭
    Joolio wrote: »

1 year, then it would be time to cancel sub and play another game till 2015 (when you expect they will balance all the things they haven't been capable of)

4-6 weeks content patches??? Where?

And after Clargorn, when will the next content patch be?

Btw, I have the warlock set since lvl 10. There's nothing better.

Edited by XanadoX on May 13, 2014 1:44PM
    Options