Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

2/2 soul lock bugged?

Sakiri
Sakiri
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Its only one point so Im not respeccing but.. 1/2 and 2/2 soul lock both give 5% chance to soul trap from weapon kills? Same thing both ranks?

Im at level 5 soul magic(47, no molag bal finish yet) and Im hoping this is a bug.
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    Not only this but I have never once seen it work with staff kills. It doesn't seem to consider staves to be "weapons".
  • bobbyx
    bobbyx
    ✭✭
    I have noticed this as well. So for now i have only one point into soul lock. I did put a bug report in about it but i think others have as well. Can only hope it gets fixed soon.
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, it doesn't seem to recognize any weapons as weapons. Doesn't work at all.
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
  • bobbyx
    bobbyx
    ✭✭
    I cannot confirm if it works or not. I did put a point into it because it is nice to have but i just assumed it worked. That was my bad >.<
  • Hesperant
    Hesperant
    Soul Shriven
    I have this on three charactors and it seems to be converting my empty gems to full gems. Mind you, it only occurs on kills and does not seem to have an animation that I have noticed. You do have to keep empty soul gems in inventory of your level (Grand for PVP zone)
  • bobbyx
    bobbyx
    ✭✭
    Hesperant wrote: »
    I have this on three charactors and it seems to be converting my empty gems to full gems. Mind you, it only occurs on kills and does not seem to have an animation that I have noticed. You do have to keep empty soul gems in inventory of your level (Grand for PVP zone)

Thank you for confirming this.
  • Halefire
    Halefire
    ✭✭
    Have had two soul gems of the correct level for the creatures/npc's I've been fighting and it's been days. Still not done a single thing.

It's broken.

I hit 5+ times with standard melee damage, several times per fight ,100+ times a night...

You'd think it would work atleast once, nope... nada... bupkis ...nothing.
  • Halefire
    Halefire
    ✭✭
    If it only occurs on killing hits... it's broken.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does work. Ive gotten the error that I need a valid soul gem when Im out quite often.

My question was related to both ranks saying the same thing.

Note: you only get a message when you have no gems. You have to get the killing blow with a weapon. Cant say on staves but my bow works. Cant say on ww melee as I havent tried.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This passive works as intended (although I'm not sure that having no animation on death is "as intended"). I've had 1/2 in this since a very low level and I can say FOR FACT it works, but it ONLY works if the killing blow is from your weapon. Also for those who don't understand RNG, 5% chance is EVERY time, not cumulative. That means it's entirely possible that out of 100 killing blows with your weapon that you won't fill a single gem, or you could fill 50. One way I know for sure it works is every once in a while I will see an error (might be because I have FTC) on my screen saying something to the effect "No appropriate Soul Gem to be filled" when I kill a mob.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yoy dont need ftc to see that error.

Again, my issue is that both 1/2 AND 2/2 say 5%.