The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

No BG Leaderboard changes means no Competitive Queue

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Win/Loss, most accurate, while still being simplistic. For premade 4v4s nothing else would matter. You win or lose as a team. Solo ques could be different, but win/loss is still better than any alternatives I've read, even the convoluted complicated ones.

Totally, Win Loss for Group Queue, Medal Score for Solo Queue I think pretty much perfectly matches how pro golf AND trick-taking card games sort it out.

Winning is a team effort, individual performance is not.

Yes, winning is a team effort. Well, to a degree it is. There are a lot of cases where the winning was due to only part of the team.

I have seen far too many matches in PvP games where there was dead weight and sickly level play from some of the team. This is why I suggest a slightly more robust system that weighs a player's contribution to the team and provides negative numbers for most of the losing team. My thought is that if we are going to keep asking for change, let us aim for gold instead of bronze with a simplistic win/loss system.

ZOS has shown they are incapable of making Medal Score more complex and fixing the issues with it. Necro has been shafted since its inception with regards to medal score, and people have repeatedly reported the issues of Pet Damage/Pet Healing not counting for anything on the BG Scoreboard/Medal Score.

Clearly they're incapable of implementing a "slightly more robust system" or they would've fixed the issues with Medal Score years ago.

This is really interesting and thank you for the reply. While I would suggest they have shown they are unwilling to make the change as they are certainly capable, that is a line that we do not need to be concerned with.

What I find interesting about this is that they have chosen, for whatever reason, not to make a change, yet we are still here discussing that we want change. What is more interesting is some are asking for a system that is not much better than what we currently have in light of that. If we are going to keep asking, we should ask for a good system.

Go for gold; do not settle for bronze.