The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

So is that it for this patch?

ioResult
ioResult
✭✭✭
So @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno

Is nothing that was brought up the past two weeks on these PTS forums getting included in this patch?

There was a lot of good feedback brought up on a lot of different things in the past couple of weeks.

Do we get none of it?

I'm guessing that's the case since we saw no 10.2.6 up on PTS today?
But yeah ZOS...Cloak is the problem.
--
sudo rm -rf /
don't try this at ~
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally, the 5th PTS patch is the last one. In this case, 10.2.5 instead of 10.2.4.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the PTS forum.

Here's some education to help you:

Week 3 patch notes are 99% of the patch notes that make it to live 3-4 weeks later.

It's not a 6 week cycle. This why waiting until PTS week 1 to alert the playerbase of something as groundbreaking as 4v4 or 8v8 BGs is a terrible model, because ZOS only had 3 weeks to determine whether or not they could fix the oopsie they made by forgetting to update the MMR.

The campaign for an MMR was over 21 days ago. Now we just have to hope that ZOS doesn't wait another 7 years before finally deciding to correct this obvious mistake.
  • ioResult
    ioResult
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!

Since there really wasn't much of anything in 10.2.5 - which was really 10.2.4 - I was hoping they'd put out something to make someone happy this week as a final patch.

This lets me know all I need to know about what to do next week when U44 goes live.
    But yeah ZOS...Cloak is the problem.
    --
    sudo rm -rf /
    don't try this at ~
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ioResult wrote: »
    Thanks!

Since there really wasn't much of anything in 10.2.5 - which was really 10.2.4 - I was hoping they'd put out something to make someone happy this week as a final patch.

This lets me know all I need to know about what to do next week when U44 goes live.

Well, they can always make player suggested changes that go into the final build. Heh. I'll be here all week. Try the meatloaf.
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭
    Yea this is kinda why communication is such a harped on problem. They often do big changes and add thins like home tours that no one really asks for and don’t have enough time in the first few weeks of a PTS cycle to make any real or substantial changes. If it’s made it to PTS, they’ll never realistically go back to the drawing board.

This is why we all want more communication throughout the year - not just in PTS cycles. We want to work together to create a product we can all enjoy [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 22, 2024 1:41PM
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Azureblight change goes live, expect to see another drop in player pop. No one wants it(beyond the pvp flag), but you are still implementing it anyway.

That is some high level of ignoring players.

Remember templar jabs change? Yeah, it is that all over again.

Why does the ultimate aim of the changes appear to be to make the most bland game possible? What kind of goal is that?
  • TDVM
    TDVM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's just that our 99% feedback goes unheeded.
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭
    But all in all, yes, this is how things go. For instance, they're currently working on the chapter that will arive in 2026. They're not going to really show us anything for THAT chapter until late 2025/early 2026. All that time working on that and we don't really get patch notes until what? 6 weeks before? They'll never change anything substantially.

We won't see any REAL change in my opinion until they're able to open communication and discuss future systems early on in the process. There's a big "trust us" mentality i think that has gotten us to where we're at. The game is great in many ways - ESPECIALLY at getting new players to come in. They've needed to work on retention though for years, so we'll see what happens i guess! They're a great group of people, just communicate poorly (not community managers, they're great! mainly the combat team).
  • Coo_PnT
    Coo_PnT
    ✭✭✭
    Is this basically pretending that you are listening to our feedback and just giving the impression that you are ostensibly doing it in the name of PTS? I'm new here and don't know about 10 years ago, but has it always been this way?

PC/NA
    My native language is not English, so please forgive me if there are any odd expressions.
    https://twitch.tv/coo_pnt
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coo_PnT wrote: »
    Is this basically pretending that you are listening to our feedback and just giving the impression that you are ostensibly doing it in the name of PTS? I'm new here and don't know about 10 years ago, but has it always been this way?

PTS is for bug testing and dramatic missed balance issues. Fine tuning on changes that are already decided.

It's not for completely overhauling something that took them a year to code and test internally.
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if someone told them about user centred design. Blow their minds.

https://www.ideo.com/

Edited by Pelanora on October 22, 2024 6:28PM
  • alaric72
    alaric72
    sarahthes wrote: »

PTS is for bug testing and dramatic missed balance issues. Fine tuning on changes that are already decided.

It's not for completely overhauling something that took them a year to code and test internally.

please be serius, they even can't correct my name in the leaderboard after 3 years that i changed it, how hard can bee.... we are in a dramatic balance issue , we are in a dramatic state of bugs unsolved from years , and they never listened feedback from players , what i'm seeing in these years are errors after errors , and nothing really good implemented , as will happen with this patch, even with all the negative feedback
    3 years of feedback about the poor damage of the templars and they add a taunt to a stun skill ???
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well they completely overhauled both Azureblight and masters 2h mid pts cycle so they most certainly are capable of making big changes during this time period. It’s less about their capability and more about what they’re willing to do. They could and should do small balance tweaks far more often but just don’t.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

Well they completely overhauled both Azureblight and masters 2h mid pts cycle so they most certainly are capable of making big changes during this time period. It’s less about their capability and more about what they’re willing to do. They could and should do small balance tweaks far more often but just don’t.

That's not how development works, they slotted that change to go into this patch 3 months ago but didn't release the code until later in the PTS cycle.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These days the 1.0 patch notes are 99% of the release day patch notes.
    Edited by YandereGirlfriend on October 23, 2024 10:00PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

PTS is for finding bugs, not providing feedback
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

PTS is for finding bugs, not providing feedback

I think PTS is for feedback, but what they are looking for is feedback aligned with what they have planned. If someone suggests something outside of what they have prepared for, they need to go think about it for a good while. Meetings. Proof of concept. More meetings. Then decisions.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Urvoth wrote: »

That's not how development works, they slotted that change to go into this patch 3 months ago but didn't release the code until later in the PTS cycle.

Maybe for azureblight but the masters 2h change was a complete knee jerk reaction to posts about it working with Shared Pain. They also added an aoe explosion to GLS mid pts cycle after people complained about losing aoe burst, so yeah they definitely do make short notice changes.