The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Templar tanking

spaceghost8
spaceghost8
✭✭✭
ZOS giving Templar focused charge a taunt and a longer major protection will not make the class more desirable as a tank

The Templar needs group buffs, it’s already a good selfish tank, in order to be more desirable as a tank for veteran content it needs group buffs

If you find a way to squeeze in a desirable major buffs like major slayer or major force to the class it would be great

Currently there is 1 good set each that provide these buffs (saxhleel champion and roaring opportunist) compared to major vulnerability 2 (arch Druid and turning tide)

My first choice would be one of the morphs for nova or rite of passage
  • spaceghost8
    spaceghost8
    ✭✭✭
    Or add major brittle, since this buff is more rare as is, I even forgot about it

Templar tanks have a harder time generating ult since you need to cast a down’s wrath ability every 6 seconds to gain ult and there are no tank skills in that skill line… Since repentance is basically the same skill as bitter harvest, give it the ability to gain ult for each corpse consecrated to make it worth a slot

Healing ritual is an unused skill, you could add something for tanks/dds on that skill as Templar healing is great and doesn’t need any more help
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar could give a new Minor or Major buff/debuff that increases status effect damage. Example given: Remove the useless and ability-ruining taunt on Focused Charge and its morphs and make toppling charge debuff the target with a new Minor/Major debuff increasing status effect damage on the target.

Honour the dead morph should have health scaling depending on your max health and to always heal you, thus giving Templar tanks have an actual burst self-heal.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major brittle would be a great buff to put on templar tank. If that added that to one of the morphs of nova that could be what templar needs to be in the meta of tanking. It would have to be the nova that does less damage.
  • The_Isatope8
    The_Isatope8
    ✭✭✭
    I think Major brittle would be a little too strong to have on an ultimate. In addition to Minor brittle, an enemy could be made to take 30% more critical damage for the duration of Nova which is insane. If multiple Templars are running Nova then they would become way too sought after as dps and healers instead of tanks. There's a reason why Major Brittle is only available on the nunatak set. Its way too strong to be getting it easily.

I would honestly prefer that Templar gets a pull on the stamina morph of their javelin skill, throwing the spear and having it fly back into your hand with an enemy impaled on it would be a nifty tool to use. It would also serve to create a little more variety in PvP since the mag morph knocks back and the stam morph pulls in. A lovely little difference between the two. Having something like Minor brittle on their Unstable Core morph could be interesting and I think that dark flare should be reworked to inflict Minor Vulnerability and Minor Cowardice instead of Major defile as it would better fit the theme of templar. Sun shield also needs a complete rework to be useful to tanks.
    Number 1 Templar apologist
  • ArctosCethlenn
    ArctosCethlenn
    ✭✭✭
    Honour the dead morph should have health scaling depending on your max health and to always heal you, thus giving Templar tanks have an actual burst self-heal.
    Considering they're already changing focused charge and morphs from generally useful skills to only usable on the 0.01% of templars who are tanks, could we not also suggest they take honor the dead away from everyone but tanks? It's pretty important as the more efficient burst heal, particularly for damage templar when self healing is needed.
  • LPapirius
    LPapirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that a tank MUST have chains. With a templar you will have to use the silver chains skill from the fighters guild skill line.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LPapirius wrote: »
    Don't forget that a tank MUST have chains. With a templar you will have to use the silver chains skill from the fighters guild skill line.

Or scribing.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • LPapirius
    LPapirius
    ✭✭✭✭

Or scribing.

Is there a chain option in scribing skills? If so, ya, that would work too. I was just making the point that any proper tank must have a chain option on their bars for stacking adds. I'm still trying to figure out if this scribing thing will just make all classes identical or not. If every class can do everything other classes can do, what's the point of having different classes? Maybe they should have a cloak option in scribing skills too, just to be fair.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or scribing.

Is there a chain option in scribing skills? If so, ya, that would work too. I was just making the point that any proper tank must have a chain option on their bars for stacking adds. I'm still trying to figure out if this scribing thing will just make all classes identical or not. If every class can do everything other classes can do, what's the point of having different classes? Maybe they should have a cloak option in scribing skills too, just to be fair.

The scribing chain is the best one in the game. Even DK uses it now.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or scribing.

Yeah there's chains, and with soul burst you can have an AoE pull after a delay, but it's far far far worse than the Vateshran Shield - Void Bash:
    (2 items) When you deal damage with Power Bash, you apply Call of the Void to yourself for 2 seconds. Enemies within 12 meters are immediately pulled to you. After Call of the Void ends, you apply Major Maim to enemies in the area for 10 seconds, reducing their damage done by 10%. This effect can occur once every 13 seconds.

I get excited when I see Vateshran tanks in vDungeons..
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS giving Templar focused charge a taunt and a longer major protection will not make the class more desirable as a tank

The Templar needs group buffs, it’s already a good selfish tank, in order to be more desirable as a tank for veteran content it needs group buffs

If you find a way to squeeze in a desirable major buffs like major slayer or major force to the class it would be great

Currently there is 1 good set each that provide these buffs (saxhleel champion and roaring opportunist) compared to major vulnerability 2 (arch Druid and turning tide)

My first choice would be one of the morphs for nova or rite of passage

The morph effect of the short version of Incantation is like comically bad (it adds self-Major Protection for 4 seconds; a buff that is basically universally accessible at 100% uptime these days from mundane, non-ult skills) and would be an easy choice for a re-work. It is definitely one of the lowest "power added" ult morph effects in the entire game.

It'd be spicy and fun to have it provide group Major Force for like 6 seconds (so 10 seconds considering that it's a 4-second skill duration).

That would hopefully shake-up some of the stale PvE Major Force meta and help to get Templar supports more seats at the proverbial table.

And then I definitely agree that giving something better to the non-Grav Crush morph of Nova is needed because that is currently an ult morph without a clear use-case in either PvE or PvP (Grav Crush is at least used in PvP).