The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

10 years Anniversary Loremaster's Archive

OgrimTitan
OgrimTitan
✭✭✭
We got rewards for various parts of community in celebration of 10 years of ESO. PvE players, housebuilders, collectors. What about lore-dwellers? Can we get a special king-size Loremaster's Archive? Ideally, with less restrictions for roleplay?

I mean, during Schick's Archives, questions were allowed to be giant, some felt like stories (great stories) on their own. 1 year ago it was "keep your question 3 lines tops". Now it's "keep it 2 lines". Can we get at least 1 Archive where we can unleash our inner beast and go full in-character, both the community and the loremaster (or whoever hosts it)? I know even the writers like Andrew Young hosted AmA on Twitter, aswering questions on building the storylines. A lot of people feel now is a perfect time to have a dialogue between the creators and the players. Even if it will be "keep your questions short". Besides, I don't know about other players, but I'm really tired of trying to get my questions answered, it's been 2 years and 4 archives with no success. So more chances to try - the better.

When would be a good time to host Special Big Loremaster's Archive if not on 10 Years Anniversary? It's also would be a perfect time to honor the lore community in the series where lore is and always was undoubtedly the strongest point.

@ZOS_Kevin I have to tag you since @ZOS_MichaelZenke doesn't exist. Can you pass this suggestion to the right people?
Edited by OgrimTitan on June 14, 2024 7:08PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they go through with this I would like to request that we be permitted to ask questions on a broad array of topics, not just something related to upcoming content.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • OgrimTitan
    OgrimTitan
    ✭✭✭
    If they go through with this I would like to request that we be permitted to ask questions on a broad array of topics, not just something related to upcoming content.

Yep, this, or a mash of topics, like Flora/Fauna, Politics, Daedra, Aedra, et cetera.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback here. We've shared this feedback with the team for consideration. The bigger issue is just time between all of the work we have going on. When we have our regular archives, the topic helps to narrow focus and by nature less time is needed to go through questions. But if we can carve out the time to run an general open forum for lore questions, it's something the team would be interested in exploring.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • OgrimTitan
    OgrimTitan
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback here. We've shared this feedback with the team for consideration. The bigger issue is just time between all of the work we have going on. When we have our regular archives, the topic helps to narrow focus and by nature less time is needed to go through questions. But if we can carve out the time to run an general open forum for lore questions, it's something the team would be interested in exploring.

Thanks so much for listening, sir. Can't speak for the community, but I'm looking for it like it's Christmas. I just want to add that if such an event would take place, I still wish it to be in-character conversation, just like the regular Archives indeed. And, please, let the team see this topic itself if it's possible, so they know what exactly has been suggested.
  • Tyrvarion
    Tyrvarion
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved the Scribing Archive that was done recently, that said I do agree that more is always neat. It is always great to see more lore stuff.
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭

I'd be very very interested in a 10th year Loremaster's Archive! Maybe we could get Leamon or Schick to participate too if they're able to

With the upcoming Updates the additions are mainly companions (covered by Meet the Character), QoL improvements, and housing which aren't exactly... lore heavy, so I think the rest of 2024 might actually be the best time to do it.

We have the opportunity to do a Loremaster's Archive that isn't themed after a latest release which would be a great option for variety
  • OgrimTitan
    OgrimTitan
    ✭✭✭

I'd be very very interested in a 10th year Loremaster's Archive! Maybe we could get Leamon or Schick to participate too if they're able to

With the upcoming Updates the additions are mainly companions (covered by Meet the Character), QoL improvements, and housing which aren't exactly... lore heavy, so I think the rest of 2024 might actually be the best time to do it.

We have the opportunity to do a Loremaster's Archive that isn't themed after a latest release which would be a great option for variety

Guest hosts would be amazing. I love Leamon for his depictions of lord Mehrunes Dagon and Sotha Sil, but I think he didn't like the Archives much, and the ones he hosted were very dry in my opinion. Schick's Archives though... WHOO YEAH, BABY.
    Edited by OgrimTitan on June 14, 2024 7:01PM
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    OgrimTitan wrote: »

Guest hosts would be amazing. I love Leamon for his depictions of lord Mehrunes Dagon and Sotha Sil, but I think he didn't like the Archives much, and the ones he hosted were very dry in my opinion. Schick's Archives though... WHOO YEAH, BABY.

For sure, I very much hope that the new Clockwork City archive has Leamon answering the questions, mainly because he just understood Sotha Sil as a character so perfectly.
    Edited by TheRimOfTheSky on July 8, 2024 12:21AM