Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Rerolling ?

timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
Well I just wanted to hear if I am the only one, that finds rerolling - Doing it all over again completely boring(I is needed to know, that I found the first time boring as well), and there for find it hard to reroll a new class, though I am tired of my first class?
FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
- Be Anyone.
- Do Anything.
- Go Anywhere.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope , im on the same situation you are mate.

But oh well , it is less bad to keep lvling my templar through VR content , than it is to reroll a DK , even if i think in the long run it would pay off.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    I chronically reroll. Not for love of the story, which I enjoy well enough, but for the love of trying new builds.

Yes I technically only need one of each class and just level all skill lines on them, but thats just not how I roll. My alts.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im with Dan.

Even though Stonefalls is near unplayable with gold spam.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭

But oh well , it is less bad to keep lvling my templar through VR content , than it is to reroll a DK , even if i think in the long run it would pay off.
    DO NOT reroll! fight for the classless system! beautiful, bright flames of dragonknight should not be only his! every time I log on my Sorcerer I feel as if I'm operating a crippled magician who cannot even push a little bit of dramatic spectacle. yes, give me a proper TES game where I'm the one who chooe my abilities

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »

DO NOT reroll! fight for the classless system! beautiful, bright flames of dragonknight should not be only his! every time I log on my Sorcerer I feel as if I'm operating a crippled magician who cannot even push a little bit of dramatic spectacle. yes, give me a proper TES game where I'm the one who chooe my abilities

Mate , i really wish they would drop the whole class thing.
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rerolling a DK aswell currently (shame on me) but beeing a heal templar is a horrible way to lvl VR-ranks in this game where you are highly hindered in grp pve 90% of the time my guildmates can´t help me or i´m unable to help them its simply rubbish aslong as phasing is as crappy as now.(but thats another discussion problem)
    so yeah it is awfully boring to do the same quests a second or third time
    wish there were an addon leading you to the quests providing skillpoints so i´m atleast able to skip all the quests providing nothing. and quickly grind to vet-ranks.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Mate , i really wish they would drop the whole class thing.
    you know what, I will reroll myself a dragonknight. lorewise I adore sorcerers much more but gamewise sorcerers are bland and boring. almost every ability in dragonknight sorcerers looks better and feels better. if they drop classes what I wish for, good, then I will mix lightning with fire but for now I will not play my part as an martyr. this is a game so I will use it the way I think is the best. better to reroll sooner than later anyway. fire execution animations> . fire mage here I come! it is one of the few rare things that make me irritated: when my class becomes bland and boring. and sorcerer, at least to me is 100% boring. some people love it and blink around, I myself cannot bother myself to level a class just for one ability. I need to write few more phrases about how sorcerer is boring and dragonknight is cool, just to persuade myself that it is a good idea to reroll. yes, power of the minde 101.

• FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    I have all 8 character slots filled with character of at least lvl 10 and have rereolled several of them at least once up to 10 so I guess it's not too boring for me.
  • Solomon_Cato
    Solomon_Cato
    ✭✭
    Yea, I am still testing around myself. Been trying to get into my dual wield sorcerer, but it is pretty hard at the current moment going with a stamina based build at the current moment, especially with class skills. Class skills scale much better then weapon spells in the early going, so it is hard to avoid them in way of weapon skills honestly.

Just rerolled a DK myself, trying it Mage style with a destro staff, may even look into resto staff and see how that may fair as well (Don't think Molten Weapons is as strong as Surge, but none the less still a boost to healing).
  • class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    rerolling a DK aswell currently (shame on me) but beeing a heal templar is a horrible way to lvl VR-ranks in this game

You just did not found your templar tree, there is hundreds of skilling possibilities and yeah shame on people rerolling

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    class101 wrote: »
    rerolling a DK aswell currently (shame on me) but beeing a heal templar is a horrible way to lvl VR-ranks in this game

You just did not found your templar tree, there is hundreds of skilling possibilities and yeah shame on people rerolling
    i have my found my tree but as a healer i am completly unable to solo. i know its hard to believe but there are actually people who do like playing a healer :P
    the problem on the other side is i can hardly group as due to stancing issues my guild mates can´t participate if they are not at the exact same progression stage as you do not have any alternative to questgrinding once you have reached VR.

Edited by Tankqull on May 10, 2014 5:15PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all 8 character slots filled with character of at least lvl 10 and have rereolled several of them at least once up to 10 so I guess it's not too boring for me.

Mate , that is because you are lvl 10 , i have 4 of these and that is because i deleted one. Now , try having 8 atleast vr 3 chars and come tell us it was not boring.

Pffff , mate , there is NO templar combo that is comparable to what the DKs got in terms of dmg+survivability , end of story.

And people are not blind , each day more and more people turn DK , because they are just plain better.

Is templar horrible? No , but they give up a freaking LOT for that healing tree , unless you really want to heal others , because DK got a freaking awesome self heal also , going DK is the right answer right now.

Templar is a team player , in a game that is mostly solo.

Only reason i did not give up on mine yet , is because i trust zen to balance this yet.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on May 10, 2014 5:26PM
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Funny, my main is a dk andIm finding him boring once I got VR.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, rerolling kind of. I have a vr10 nightblade, but putting him on the shelf mostly until they can do some balancing and fix our skills. Playing a sorc and a dk until then.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mate , that is because you are lvl 10 , i have 4 of these and that is because i deleted one. Now , try having 8 atleast vr 3 chars and come tell us it was not boring.

Pffff , mate , there is NO templar combo that is comparable to what the DKs got in terms of dmg+survivability , end of story.

And people are not blind , each day more and more people turn DK , because they are just plain better.

Is templar horrible? No , but they give up a freaking LOT for that healing tree , unless you really want to heal others , because DK got a freaking awesome self heal also , going DK is the right answer right now.

Only reason i did not give up on mine yet , is because i trust zen to balance this yet.

Welllll, that's not really true Nox. I rerolled from DK to Temp and I gotta tell ya, i'm lovin it.
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    Well we will see what happens when patch 1.2 is gonna hit.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep very boring that's why I made the reroll on one of the 2 factions I havent't done yet, it's more rewarding to level up a brand new character from scratch then spend 30k on another respec to try and get it right this time.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    The funny thing is that, from what I have seen, when it come to other classes in both pvp and pve areas, I find my NB base class the best - most all around, and seems to handle situations the best.
    I have as for now x spec.
    1/S all lifedrain based, Bow all based on range, Staff frost dps, and area life drains. Staff / fun ala warlock range debuffing / life drains and shades as pets.
    But even then I find my class boring :neutral_face:
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Welllll, that's not really true Nox. I rerolled from DK to Temp and I gotta tell ya, i'm lovin it.

Please , do tell me , what lvl are you?

Because before veterans , you should no issues doesnt matter what class you pick and mostly even build you pick.

Now , in veteran that is not how it work.

I can beat veteran content on my templar , but i cant beat it like a DK , which the right word would not be "beat" but "destroy".
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭

Please , do tell me , what lvl are you?

Because before veterans , you should no issues doesnt matter what class you pick and mostly even build you pick.

Now , in veteran that is not how it work.

I can beat veteran content on my templar , but i cant beat it like a DK , which the right word would not be "beat" but "destroy".
    but you know, they can always nerf a dragonknight to the ground. personally I prefer Dk over sorc because of aesthetics. power comes and goes in mmo, unfortunately. of course I think it would be wiser to buff other classes, but it usually does not work this way.