Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Horrible Launcher Update caused ESO to be unplayable for me...

RaikaNA
RaikaNA
✭✭✭✭✭
ESO was running just fine prior to the Launcher update... I am unable to play the game anymore after.. I managed to get the event done and got my tickets in. I then jumped into cyrodill with my guild to do some pvp... I experienced so many loading screens.. when we encountered battles... my game would freeze every few seconds.. It became unplayable for me so I had to leave early. I thought the culprit was windows updates because I had some updates that I needed to download and install... Come to find out it was not.

During the Launcher update
lle6wsg03hu9.png
8qjtwv6gbh2t.png

Soon after

Everytime I start the game up I keep crashing
to7ualyn7t6u.png

The irony is that the Launcher will not repair my game no matter how many times I've tried. I couldn't even repair it on steam so I had to completetly unistall and redownload the entire game again... I just hope that this fixes the bad Launcher update that ZOS released.

va6xpicc3n1r.png
n7m8heemm6mm.png
  • Vynera
    Vynera
    ✭✭✭
    Go to the settings in the top right, enable to show the PTS server, check if its downloading. Cancel or wait for that update.

The new launcher hides the PTS server, yet it does automatically download it for some users in the background without asking if you had it previously installed at some point.
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vynera wrote: »
    Go to the settings in the top right, enable to show the PTS server, check if its downloading. Cancel or wait for that update.

The new launcher hides the PTS server, yet it does automatically download it for some users in the background without asking if you had it previously installed at some point.

But why would the PTS server be downloading when I did not give the launcher permission to do it to begin with?
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Repair/uninstall with deleting manually any leftovers in folder did not help.

If in addition to Steam copy you have zos-store bought account, you can launch eso64.exe directly, login and play.
    It's in ...steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client
    If you only have steam account this won't work.

PTS and free epic copy both work for me through launcher with no issues. If you claimed free epic version last year for same account, you could try and install that.
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Repair/uninstall with deleting manually any leftovers in folder did not help.

If in addition to Steam copy you have zos-store bought account, you can launch eso64.exe directly, login and play.
    It's in ...steamapps\common\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client
    If you only have steam account this won't work.

PTS and free epic copy both work for me through launcher with no issues. If you claimed free epic version last year for same account, you could try and install that.

What worked for me was the complete unistall and reinstall from Steam.
    osiqt0osxi4t.png

It took a while but it seems to have worked.

I took the advice from Vynera by going to my settings to enable to show the PTS server just in case if it downloads without my permission again.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    For those of you experiencing this, did you have PTS before at any point?
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • argyro
    argyro
    Soul Shriven
    :’) whoops sorry thought this was a different thread and it won’t let me delete it
    Edited by argyro on June 27, 2024 3:10PM
    Options
  • tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I had the pts installed after updating the launcher pts disappeared from the launcher. After I enabled pts again in the new launcher , game runs so far . Not tested yet if it still does , if I enter pts but main game seems to work
    Options
  • AlwaysDancing
    AlwaysDancing
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have used the PTS for years. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DO NOT REISTALL!!!!! It is not necessary. Just do the following:
    • Click on the box "Show Public Test Environment", hit APPLY -> You will now see it to the left under the Live server. Select it.
    • Go to the "Game Options" button in that very context window. Hit SETTINGS -> A menu opens
    • Open the drop down menu under Auto-Updates, Select "NEVER", hit APPLY
    • Under the "Game Options" hit CANCEL -> The download bar should empty and the button to the right should say "download" now and be grayed out.

This way it shouldn't retry the download without your knowledge.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Kevin
    The question is: Can we safely delete the downloaded files? Because I think it is them that triggered the involuntary download.
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on June 27, 2024 4:04PM
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭

No PTS. Just in game problems forced the upgrade.

I had to go through all the 'terms of service' pages; the calibration page and then my default system setup settings again.
    Whilst Steam is installed, I don't use it.

I've never seen a company so hell bent on upsetting its customers, one way or another.
    PC EU
    UTC+10:00
    Tin-can-and-string internet

Ald Chimeris
    Options
  • SpellSlingerTaz

No PTS for me either.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Me, yes.
    Options
  • Eclipse318
    Eclipse318
    ✭✭✭
    I got that same warning message this morning about the game launch failing and corrupted files, but I hit Play anyway and the game launched and played fine. So for me it's a false alarm so far...
    Options
  • CheeseTuber
    CheeseTuber
    ✭✭✭

The answer would be yes in my case at least. But the issue resolved itself after I repaired the game twice. Before that the game was unplayable. It just got stuck on the loading screen before character selection.

But it still downloaded the PTS for a second time.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you, everyone. Some of the temporary workaround steps in this thread do seem to be working on our end as well. We've created a Support Article here with those suggested steps.

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Does the new launcher download PTS regardless of whether it was or wasn't installed before the update?

I never had PTS and now I'm worried to update the launcher to not end up with one of the issues... I usually only use the launcher for patching, I play directly from exe file.
    Options
  • AlwaysDancing
    AlwaysDancing
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

This confusing little Support Article did not resolve my issue.

Still get Game Crash Detected message when I click PLAY. It suggests repairing game installation, but I have tried that 3 times. I have restarted the PC, ensured steam is running properly - no difference.

I just want to log in, do my crafting, get my event tickets and some coffers, then join my trial group.

Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I had PTS many years ago. It's no longer the case. I havent installed the PTS server it since then.
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, everyone. Some of the temporary workaround steps in this thread do seem to be working on our end as well. We've created a Support Article here with those suggested steps.

How about not breaking things in the first place, rather than giving us instructions on how to fix problems introduced by ZOS.
    If I'm forced to reinstall, it will be other games, not this one.

135GB initial download
    Additional patching downloads
    24 hours to do it all.

That coupled with toxic behaviour from veteran players is making this game so NOT FUN. Good luck.
    PC EU
    UTC+10:00
    Tin-can-and-string internet

Ald Chimeris
    Options
  • wardropper
    wardropper
    ✭✭
    I have no PTS, but, for what it's worth, I can log in if I disable my VPN...
    Nothing else makes me do that.
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »

How about not breaking things in the first place, rather than giving us instructions on how to fix problems introduced by ZOS.
    If I'm forced to reinstall, it will be other games, not this one.

135GB initial download
    Additional patching downloads
    24 hours to do it all.

That coupled with toxic behaviour from veteran players is making this game so NOT FUN. Good luck.

I feel the frusteration. Why try to fix something when its not even broken to begin with? I'm still salty that I missed out on a large chunk of time that I was robbed on trying to fix this problem that ZOS created rather than to spend some quality time with my friends in cyrodill. My only crime was to open up the launcher which then corrupted my files to which I was not able to repair them... Had to spend an additional hour or two to redownload the entire game.. such aggravation!
    Options
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vynera wrote: »

Thanks for sharing, I had this issue and although I luckily got the game to launch, the option for the PTS server had vanished (was just happy the game launched tbh I didn't worry too much about the PTS not being there at the time).

Yes, I have had the PTS for years now and never had this issue before.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This doesn't work for me, I have "Game crashed" no matter what (multiple reinstalls, repairs). PTS installed and working through launcher.
    Options
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭

The answer would be yes in my case at least. But the issue resolved itself after I repaired the game twice. Before that the game was unplayable. It just got stuck on the loading screen before character selection.

But it still downloaded the PTS for a second time.

I get stuck in exactly the same place. It gives all the error codes.

All I do is restart comp and everything corrects itself and game opens fine.

I got a feeling if the patcher sticks it cannot sort itself out without a full restart.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
    Options
  • Juomuuri
    Juomuuri
    ✭✭✭
    After the launcher update my game has had very long loading screens, loading screens in the middle of zones (last time this has happened was years ago when PC-EU was borked), I can't launch the game directly from Steam, gotta use a desktop shortcut or the game crashes immediately. There's also immense lag, players show as black figures and they rubberband around, NPCs have trouble loading in and it takes ages for the NPCs to become interactable - today I tried to return my daily writs but the writ crates hadn't loaded in! Needed to /reloadui to solve this, with a very long loading screen.

The situation is so bad that it made me log back into my forum account after years. Please fix, ZOS.
    PC-EU (Steam) - Roleplayer, Quester, Crafter, Furnisher, Dungeoneer - Fashion Scrolls - CP 2000+
    Options
  • tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭✭
    After yesterday first problems after the launcher update game was running fine . Until the evening then it start after a gaming brake to rubberband , loading screens take now way longer for me as well. Pleas fix this launcher problem
    Edited by tom6143346 on June 28, 2024 4:58PM
    Options
  • aranarthov
    aranarthov
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else experienced a graphical change since the update? Since the launcher update my game looks like it's at the wrong resolution, text appears fuzzy and assets look flat but I can't figure out how a launcher update would have caused this? I've checked all my settings and they're still at Ultra like they've always been.
    Options
  • TairenSoul
    TairenSoul
    ✭✭✭
    aranarthov wrote: »
    Has anyone else experienced a graphical change since the update? Since the launcher update my game looks like it's at the wrong resolution, text appears fuzzy and assets look flat but I can't figure out how a launcher update would have caused this? I've checked all my settings and they're still at Ultra like they've always been.

Do you use ReShade? I had to uninstall mine and reinstall. You might try that! ;)
    Heavy is the crown.
    Options
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    DO NOT REISTALL!!!!! It is not necessary. Just do the following:
    • Click on the box "Show Public Test Environment", hit APPLY -> You will now see it to the left under the Live server. Select it.
    • Go to the "Game Options" button in that very context window. Hit SETTINGS -> A menu opens
    • Open the drop down menu under Auto-Updates, Select "NEVER", hit APPLY
    • Under the "Game Options" hit CANCEL -> The download bar should empty and the button to the right should say "download" now and be grayed out.

This way it shouldn't retry the download without your knowledge.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Kevin
    The question is: Can we safely delete the downloaded files? Because I think it is them that triggered the involuntary download.

Thank you! Finally can boot the game up without having to worry about pausing a download for the PTS which I haven't used for like 3 or 4 years now.
    Options
  • abakzn
    abakzn
    ✭✭✭
    NA, I have exactly the same problems now, the game became unplayable for me :(
    Options