Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing Gold Road preorder mount

oussebon
oussebon
Soul Shriven
I purchased the Gold Road upgrade steam DLC (non-deluxe) from Fanatical, and activated it to my steam account immediately, on 2nd June (~8pm UK time).

Logging into ESO gave a notification that Gold Road had been added to chapters, and my Steam account shows the DLC registered there.

So that all seems in order.

Unfortunately, there's no sign of the Welkyndstone Ruins Wolf mount anywhere on my account. It's not in collections>mounts, not in in-game mail, or anywhere else I can think to check. It's about 5 hours after activation now.

I submitted ticket 240602-006389 to ZOS, asking for assistance.

Also, I found this topic where people who used a different retailer needed to be sent additional keys for the mount. I also heard from someone else that when they bought their Gold Road preorder in Feb through Fanatical, they also received more than one key - a key for the DLC, a key for the mount, and also a key for the wolf pup pet (the wolf pet no longer being available, which I knew). Of course, I don't know if the process works this way for everyone, i.e. if everyone needs multiple keys, or if some people get everything through just a single key.

Just in case, I have contacted Fanatical directly to ask whether they failed to give me any bonus keys

The ESO store, Steam, and Fanatical all still listed the wolf mount as an available preorder bonus at the time I made the purchase (and at the time I started writing this post too), so it's not like the preorder bonuses were pulled close to launch (apart from the time-limited pup, ofc).

My questions are:

1) We're close to launch and it can naturally take a while to get support tickets answered. But I preordered the game, the items were listed as still on offer when I did so, and I've activated the product and Steam and ESO can see it's on my account prior to launch. One way or another, will ZOS make sure I get the items that were advertised as pre-order bonuses, even if it takes a little while after launch to get to the bottom of this?

2) How are the other preorder bonuses (raven pet, outfit, etc) being awarded? If I am missing a key for the mount, would that also affect the raven pet, outfit, etc, or are these not tied to the key for the mount but everyone who has Gold Road at release time just gets them?

Granted question 2 might answer itself within a day anyway; I’m more bothered about Q1.

Thanks for any insights and help.
  • bodieb
    bodieb
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the exact same issue, I purchased the upgrade through Fanatical and I haven't received the pre-order goodies.

Ticket # 240603-002484
  • inquisitive_owl
    Came here to post about the same problem. Pre-ordered the expansion from Fanatical on June 2nd and received a Steam key, expansion definitely activated once the Steam key was redeemed, logged in but no mount.

I logged a ticket with ZOS: # 240602-006579

I also reached out to Fanatical to ask if they can resolve this as I'm not sure if the mount needs to be unlocked via an additional key. As the expansion is now live, if they were to provide keys for the mount now, would they be valid - and if not, would ZOS be able to make it right and grant the missing pre-order item?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    First, thank you all for submitting tickets for this. It will make it much easier to track.

We'll share this with the team and see what can be done here.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 3, 2024 8:34PM
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • oussebon
    oussebon
    Soul Shriven
    By way of quick update

On my question 2) above - now that the expansion is live, Gold Road is on my account but none of the preorder bonuses are. No mount, no raven, no other bits.

ZOS replied to my ticket to say to contact the retailer Fanatical, which I had already done.

However, as the other poster above said
    i) Are separate keys for the preorder items required? Is it like in this topic with the other retailer?
    ii) If it is and we are missing pre-order bonus keys, will we still be able to activate these if Fanatical give them to us late?
    iii) If, for whatever reason, Fanatical cannot or will not fix this, will ZOS step up and sort us out?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All,

While we investigate this, please let us know if you hear back from Fanatical regarding your ticket with them. Just incase they sort the issue of providing the mount on their end, since they supplied the code initially.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • oussebon
    oussebon
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you ZOS_Kevin for the replies and for raising this.

I have so far had 2 replies from Fanatical. The first insisted the mount was not available until launch. When I pointed out this was incorrect, they said they would look into it further. No keys / mount / items or further replies from Fanatical yet. Will post here if that changes,

(edit for typo)
    Edited by oussebon on June 3, 2024 9:08PM
  • inquisitive_owl
    Thanks ZOS_Kevin, good to hear you guys are on it.

I also had a response from Fanatical - much the same as the OP, they told me the mount would only be available at launch and I had to point out this is not as per the marketing information. They also wanted me to confirm I had logged in via Steam, which I did. No further response as of yet (and still no sign of any of the pre-order bonuses, including the ones that were only to be added at expansion launch).
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks all. We'll let our team know about the updates here also.
    Staff Post
  • bodieb
    bodieb
    Soul Shriven
    ESO support team emailed telling me to reach out to Fanatical and indicating they have closed the ticket despite the issue not being resolved.

Funny line in the email from eso support "I understand you pre-ordered The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road. I'm sorry to hear this and am happy to help."

Needless to say the eso support team has left something to be desired.

Fanatical has told me they are dealing with a shortage of keys from the supplier (TESO/ZOS), is anyone from ZOS able to confirm that they are working in partnership with Fanatical to sort out this logistical issue?
  • oussebon
    oussebon
    Soul Shriven
    I have been told the same by Fanatical, quote "we are working directly with the developers to generate keys for us."

Can @ZOS_Kevin please confirm that

1) ZOS are indeed working with Fanatical to generate keys

2) Keys for the pre-order items will ultimately be provided

3) it will still be possible for us to activate keys for the preorder items and obtain these by the time they are generated?

If yes to all the above, what sort of timeframe might this take? A day? Two weeks?
    Edited by oussebon on June 4, 2024 2:11PM
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    oussebon wrote: »
    I have been told the same by Fanatical, quote "we are working directly with the developers to generate keys for us."

3) it will still be possible for us to activate keys for the preorder items and obtain these by the time they are generated?

If yes to all the above, what sort of timeframe might this take? A day? Two weeks?

Is there any documentation for Fanatical being an authorized retailer for ZeniMax Online that isn't from 2014? So far I haven't found any public information for which retailer (online webstore) that ZoS are still working with today and have any agreements in such cases for what keys they are selling to be used on ESO accounts for purchasing Upgrades (meaning not starting a new account, but to add Chapters to existing accounts).
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey all, I have followed up with answers in red. This should help provide clarity around Fanatical preorder keys.

Yes, we heard back this morning on their key shortage and our team is working on making sure they have more.
    Fanatical should have the keys sometime today. So you should expect to get keys between today and tomorrow. Final timing is dependent on when Fanatical issues keys to you.
    You should be able to still activate keys to get the items. They should not be time dependent. However, if you run into issues, please let us know.

Edited by ZOS_Kevin on June 4, 2024 4:20PM
    Staff Post
  • oussebon
    oussebon
    Soul Shriven
    Many thanks ZOS-Kevin for some pretty clear answers. For me the main thing is to know the items will ultimately be available, so your comments provide reassurance there.

No sign of keys from Fanatical yet. It's 19:56 UK time, so well after office hours. Hopefully the keys will appear tomorrow, work, and that will be that.

Re: RexyCat's comments - it's a good point, one should always be clear if the store is an official reseller. The keys in question here are Steam keys, not ZOS-client keys. Fanatical are well-known as an official Steam key retailer, and given ZOS_Kevin's comments above it appears Fanatical do have a direct relationship with ZOS to obtain keys, at least for Steam.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many thanks ZOS-Kevin for some pretty clear answers. For me the main thing is to know the items will ultimately be available, so your comments provide reassurance there.

No sign of keys from Fanatical yet. It's 19:56 UK time, so well after office hours. Hopefully the keys will appear tomorrow, work, and that will be that.

Re: RexyCat's comments - it's a good point, one should always be clear if the store is an official reseller. The keys in question here are Steam keys, not ZOS-client keys. Fanatical are well-known as an official Steam key retailer, and given ZOS_Kevin's comments above it appears Fanatical do have a direct relationship with ZOS to obtain keys, at least for Steam.

I did buy key from Fanatical and redeemed it on my old ESO account, don't use Steam for playing ESO.

Fanatical have two views for each version, meaning if you search for Gold Road you will see a Steam version and one ESO version. There is different icon for which you are supposed to use where.
  • bodieb
    bodieb
    Soul Shriven
    Thought I should follow up, I have received the preorder bonus codes from Fanatical and have successfully redeemed them.

Thanks for resolving this in such a timely manner.
  • inquisitive_owl
    Yep, I also can confirm I received a code from Fanatical, redeemed it successfully and have the pre-order items now. Thanks ZOS_Kevin for your help :)
  • oussebon
    oussebon
    Soul Shriven
    I have also received a key from Fanatical, which once activated on my ESO account seems to have provided the pre-order bonuses.

Although the version of Gold Road I purchased was a Steam version with a steam key, the key from Fanatical for the bonus items was a Zenimax key. I'd have expected them to both be steam keys? But either way, it seems to have worked.

Many thanks to @ZOS_Kevin and your colleagues for looking at this, providing updates, and sorting it within a few days.

The transparency about what exactly was going on was particularly appreciated.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Glad everyone seems to be getting their keys! Thanks for the follow up.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    I have also received a key from Fanatical, which once activated on my ESO account seems to have provided the pre-order bonuses.

Although the version of Gold Road I purchased was a Steam version with a steam key, the key from Fanatical for the bonus items was a Zenimax key. I'd have expected them to both be steam keys? But either way, it seems to have worked.

Many thanks to @ZOS_Kevin and your colleagues for looking at this, providing updates, and sorting it within a few days.

Glad they were able to follow up with you and provide a key. If you expected/prefer a Steam key, make sure to follow up with Fanatical. They should provide the key you want.
    Staff Post
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Glad they were able to follow up with you and provide a key. If you expected/prefer a Steam key, make sure to follow up with Fanatical. They should provide the key you want.

Could you, @ZOS_Kevin , please, follow up and add pre-purchase item to my ESO account? I read this post and bought a key from Fanatical and at same checked on ESO Store if it still where sold as Pre-purchase version.

Ticket: 240521-002815

I don't want to upload screen shot here as it contains my personal information, but is show mount, pet, crate, costume and treasure maps on that screen shot which where taken 20:41 on 4th of June around same time I made my purchase of key from Fanatical.

I have provided screen shot in my communication with CS so you can see that it was uploaded before EU maintenance and ESO Store where still advertising it with those items.

I have been trying to buy from your ESO Store this package for 3 weeks as you still haven't solved the issue with VISA card as payment method and this was the only way I could use my VISA card to purchase Gold Road.

I contacted Fanatical through their FB and provided picture of items in ESO Store. As i have now spent so much time to actually get Gold Road as pre-purchase package I expect that you @ZOS_Kevin make sure I get those 5 items added to my account @zharmer even if Fanatical would claim that what I bought wasn't a pre-purchases version as it was past launch date.
  • oussebon
    oussebon
    Soul Shriven
    @RexyCat I don't think I had understood before that you were also looking to secure the pre-order items, so sorry if my previous comment about your post was at cross-purposes.

You say you have contacted Fanatical via Facebook. If you haven't already tried this, you could try contacting them via their official support page. This is how I contacted them. They seem to reply pretty fast, often within the same day if you email early.
    https://support.fanatical.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

- If you placed your order during the preorder period, then say this.
    - If the official game website was still listing pre-order items, you can mention that.
    - If Fanatical's own website was still advertising the pre-order bonuses when you placed the order, say that too.
    - Remind them that you know a number of customers did not receive their keys for pre-order bonus items.
    - I suggest keeping it brief, and not adding too much extra detail beyond that.

Personally, I would not mention to them that you had previous contact via FB. I would go in as a completely fresh contact to avoid any confusion. They probably don't need more than your order number and 1-2 lines explaining the basic issue.

Keep them focused on the core issues above, and nothing else. If they need to clarify things with you, or if their first reply is not helpful you can reply, politely, and give any further info at that time.

Thanks again. As long as it's not a problem for Zenimax (i.e. it will not affect my entitlement to the items now or in the future) that the DLC key was delivered via a Steam key, and the pre-order bonuses were delivered by Zenimax key, I don't mind at all. I was just surprised. The key seemed to work fine, and the items show up in-game.

But if you think it is advisable to ask Fanatical for a Steam key as well for the pre-order items to match the Gold Road code, I can?
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    @RexyCat I don't think I had understood before that you were also looking to secure the pre-order items, so sorry if my previous comment about your post was at cross-purposes.

You say you have contacted Fanatical via Facebook. If you haven't already tried this, you could try contacting them via their official support page. This is how I contacted them. They seem to reply pretty fast, often within the same day if you email early.
    https://support.fanatical.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

- If you placed your order during the preorder period, then say this.
    - If the official game website was still listing pre-order items, you can mention that.
    - If Fanatical's own website was still advertising the pre-order bonuses when you placed the order, say that too.
    - Remind them that you know a number of customers did not receive their keys for pre-order bonus items.
    - I suggest keeping it brief, and not adding too much extra detail beyond that.

Personally, I would not mention to them that you had previous contact via FB. I would go in as a completely fresh contact to avoid any confusion. They probably don't need more than your order number and 1-2 lines explaining the basic issue.

Keep them focused on the core issues above, and nothing else. If they need to clarify things with you, or if their first reply is not helpful you can reply, politely, and give any further info at that time.

Thanks again. As long as it's not a problem for Zenimax (i.e. it will not affect my entitlement to the items now or in the future) that the DLC key was delivered via a Steam key, and the pre-order bonuses were delivered by Zenimax key, I don't mind at all. I was just surprised. The key seemed to work fine, and the items show up in-game.

But if you think it is advisable to ask Fanatical for a Steam key as well for the pre-order items to match the Gold Road code, I can?

Thanks for your help, @oussebon !

I did found that support page on Fanatical site before your post here and started a ticket in which they responded by email.

I explained as well I could that after redeeming code on ESO account that I could not see any items from Pre-purchase and uploaded that screen shot from ESO Store which show which item that I lack.

CS responded as if it was an DLC item on Steam or something, so I tried to explain that the only way to show pre-purchase item is in Collection menu where you can see mount, pet and costume. Treasure maps and I believe Crowns Crate where delivered as part of in game email.

As I have two account it is only from my second account I can show what I lack on my account on my main account which I redeemed Fanatical key.

Anyway this is an issue that have been caused by ZoS and not Fanatical and should actually have been solved by ZoS, but they seem to ignore any request for adding those items to my account.

If this would have happen on GW2 I am pretty sure that CS would have first asked for documentation of purchase and ownership and then add those items directly. Here CS and ZoS avoid any responsibility, the very reason why I did not want to use any other payment method then VISA.

Right now I am just feeling very depressed by how much work I have put into this and still not having all items from pre-purchase on my main account from 2014 which leaves a very bitter taste for ZoS and their handling of payment issues and now avoid to even add those item to my account.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you help me, @ZOS_Kevin ?

I have now talked with Fanatical which claim that my purchase wasn't pre-purchase version as I bought my key on the 4th of June (same day you posted here that you have an agreement to deliver key for pre-purchase items) after I read this thread where you confirmed that keys would be sent to us.

At the same I did my purchase ESO Store still had Pre-purchase version, so I was expecting to that also Fanatical had the same offer in their store.
    Edited by RexyCat on June 6, 2024 4:38PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    RexyCat wrote: »
    Can you help me, @ZOS_Kevin ?

I have now talked with Fanatical which claim that my purchase wasn't pre-purchase version as I bought my key on the 4th of June (same day you posted here that you have an agreement to deliver key for pre-purchase items) after I read this thread where you confirmed that keys would be sent to us.

At the same I did my purchase ESO Store still had Pre-purchase version, so I was expecting to that also Fanatical had the same offer in their store.

Following up on this. For the Fanatical purchase, you have to go through them. While we have provided Fanatical with the proper keys, disputing the proper edition of the game needs to be handled through them as the transaction happened with them. If they are saying the version purchased from them was not pre-purchase, there isn't anything we can do about that. All of the other cases listed in this thread have Fanatical confirming their preorder purchase.

Now, if you have an active purchase through us and did not get the items, we can work with customer service to see what happened here and get you what you need. We'll take your ticket to customer service to check.

Staff Post