Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

UI/Resource Bar change?

Lord_Draevan
Lord_Draevan
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it just me or have the resource bars size changed? Before today when I didn't have an active buff they'd be "normal" sized, then with a buff they'd get bigger, but now they're the "big" size by default, including enemy health bars? I didn't see that posted in the patch notes
I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
NA/PC server
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, I noticed the same thing this morning.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and there's a glow around others' health bars I'd like to get rid of.
    Edited by TaSheen on June 3, 2024 2:56PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're taking a look!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried disabling all add-ons and the resource bars are still the wrong size while there's no food buff active. Strangely, it doesn't seem to be entirely consistent across characters. Almost all of my characters without any active food buff are showing all of their resource bars at the expanded size you'd expect if they were using tri-stat food, but one of them (also without any active food buff) only has the magicka resource bar expanded, while the health and stamina bars remain the correct unbuffed size.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I just tried disabling all add-ons and the resource bars are still the wrong size while there's no food buff active. Strangely, it doesn't seem to be entirely consistent across characters. Almost all of my characters without any active food buff are showing all of their resource bars at the expanded size you'd expect if they were using tri-stat food, but one of them (also without any active food buff) only has the magicka resource bar expanded, while the health and stamina bars remain the correct unbuffed size.

Do they have any non-food passives that might affect resources? Like some are Khajiit (all resources raised by 915) but some are Berton (magicka only is raised by 2000). And the game is now confusing permanent resource buffs with time-limited resource buffs?
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »

Do they have any non-food passives that might affect resources? Like some are Khajiit (all resources raised by 915) but some are Berton (magicka only is raised by 2000). And the game is now confusing permanent resource buffs with time-limited resource buffs?
    Aha! Smart thinking, I've just checked and it looks like all of my high elves and bretons have an expanded magicka bar and normal-sized health and stamina bars, while just about all other races seem to have all the bars expanded.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Options
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got no add-ons and I tried with 3 toons:
    First is health and magicka food buffed, stamina bar is large despite no stamina buffs
    Second is only stamina food buffed, magicka and health bars are normal
    Third has no food buffs at all, magicka and health bars are normal and stamina bar is large despite no buffs
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure this is a bug. The health bar also has the (resist?) backdrop and the glow I’m pretty sure normally shows up when someone casts overheals on you?
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have resized bars.
    The constant sparkling glowing health bar is very annoying. Do not think its from healing. as its all the time.

If its from a buff from the race or class, food, drink, or anything other than a direct heal from another character it needs to be OFF.

Edited by majulook on June 3, 2024 4:12PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    I also have the glowing health bar and, yes, it's really annoying. Still there with addons disabled. Still there after switching from recovery food to max stat food. Still there with companion despawned. I'm on a wood elf.
    Options
  • Abnaxos
    Abnaxos
    ✭✭
    I'd like to add another observation: I've set my resource bar visibility to "automatic". When I login, the health bar is initially invisible, even if I set visibility to "on".

Here's my login procedure since 10.0.5:
    - settings → set resources visibility to "on" (magicka and stamina are now visible, health not)
    - "/reloadui" → health becomes visible as well
    - settings → resources visibility back to "auto"
    - now it behaves as it should

Note that "as it should" means that the health bar is now always visible, even on "auto". It's glowing, so there's something important going on there, so it's visible. That's very annoying, but probably correct behaviour considering the underlying issue that the health bar is glowing for no reason.

I'm playing in gamepad mode.
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the resource bar length to be a representation of actual bar boosts beyond baseline from whatever the sources.

And I'm not a big fan of the constant bar 'sparkle'
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options
  • Yudo
    Yudo
    ✭✭✭
    The glow on the health bar seems to have something to do with destro staves.
    When I equip one it glows, with resto stave and other weapons no glow.

Still the case after v10.0.6
    Resource bars also still increased in size.
    Edited by Yudo on June 17, 2024 12:51PM
    Options
  • htltrashb16_ESO
    htltrashb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Health bar still glowing and permanently displayed after update.
    Edited by htltrashb16_ESO on June 17, 2024 2:16PM
    Options
  • Abnaxos
    Abnaxos
    ✭✭
    Seems solved for me. My health bar isn't glowing anymore and when I switch attributes bar visibility to "always", it immediately shows up, no need to "/reloadui" first. Also, it wasn't just my health bar glowing, but everyone's (forgot to mention that in my post, sorry). Not anymore, it looks just as it should.

Though we seem to have mixed multiple similar issues in this thread. The one I was talking about seems to be fixed. Will report back if I find something, didn't play much yet.
    Options
  • Yudo
    Yudo
    ✭✭✭
    Abnaxos wrote: »
    Seems solved for me. My health bar isn't glowing anymore and when I switch attributes bar visibility to "always", it immediately shows up, no need to "/reloadui" first. Also, it wasn't just my health bar glowing, but everyone's (forgot to mention that in my post, sorry). Not anymore, it looks just as it should.

Though we seem to have mixed multiple similar issues in this thread. The one I was talking about seems to be fixed. Will report back if I find something, didn't play much yet.

They have made changes but it is not fixed.
    The glow now happens when wielding destro staff, it seems to be fixed with other weapons.
    Health bar size is also back to normal, but resource bar is still not correct size.

I am thinking maybe you just not wielding destro staff.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yudo wrote: »

They have made changes but it is not fixed.
    The glow now happens when wielding destro staff, it seems to be fixed with other weapons.
    Health bar size is also back to normal, but resource bar is still not correct size.

I am thinking maybe you just not wielding destro staff.

The glow is still happening for me with a 2H sword.
    Options
  • FafiQ_xP
    FafiQ_xP
    ✭✭✭
    still broken, health bar still glows and magicka/stamina bars still appear to be buffed when they are not... can we get dev comment on this?
    For the Covenant!
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resource bar sizes seem to be taken care of (they dont always show "enlarged" like when you have a food buff active)

but the health bar did have an extra kind of glow on it still, this was present when the bar was enlarged but a little harder to tell because of the double border the bar had
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • KurganNazzir
    KurganNazzir
    ✭✭✭
    Glow versus no glow for my characters and the results show that both who have the glowing health bar are Templars. Character 3 is a level 36 Breton Templar while character 7 is a level 13 Argonian Templar. Neither one has any buffs or debuffs showing and the only "active effects" both have listed are Major Gallop and ESO+. I also just logged them in at the bank so it's not like any combat was involved either and I don't believe any skills just being slotted cause this, but I could be wrong if it was added to one or more of them.

Character 1 (Necromancer): Inferno Staff and 2H Mace, no glow
    Character 2 (Warden): Bow, no glow
    Character 3 (Templar): dual-wield Swords and 2H Sword, has glow
    Character 4 (Nightblade): dual-wield Axe/Mace and 2H Mace, no glow
    Character 5 (sorcerer): 2H Mace and Inferno Staff, no glow
    Character 6 (Dragonknight): dual-wield Dagger/Axe and 2H Sword, no glow
    Character 7 (Templar): 2H Axe, has glow
    Character 8 (Dragonknight): Inferno Staff and 2H Axe, no glow
    Character 9 (Arcanist): Inferno Staff, no glow

kp8x8s1en24u.png

EDIT
    Tests using Character 3, the Breton Templar: Other players don't see glowing health bar when targeting Character 3. Changed out dual-wield weapons for bow, still glows. Removed all weapons, still glows. Removed all skills in addition to removed weapons, still glows.

I swapped the Sorcerer's Inferno Staff to Lightning Staff and still no glow.
    I swapped the Necromancer's Inferno Staff to Lightning, Ice, and Restoration and still no glow.

Meanwhile, my brother said the only two of his he logged on were a Warden with a destruction staff and a Templar with Sword/Shield and they both had the glow.
    Edited by KurganNazzir on June 17, 2024 9:34PM
    Options
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My health bars are still buffed when no food is active (Dunmer character).
    Options
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glow versus no glow for my characters and the results show that both who have the glowing health bar are Templars.

I haven't checked all my characters, but I've been getting the glowing hp bar on my sorc and DK. It seems to be linked to destro staff use for me.

Sorc with double destro = glow on front and back bar. When I replace the front bar wep with something else, I now only have the glow on backbar. No weapon at all also = no glow.

This visual effect is very distracting and annoying. Could we please get an update on whether it's intended or can be removed? I'm not sure what it's meant to be telling me.
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is from the sticky known issues topic just above these posts. Unless I’m missing something, this seems to be referencing the problems in this topic:

Resource bars appear to be buffed when buffs are not active
    NOTE: This is just a UI/visual issue
    Health bars have a permanent glow
    NOTE: This is just a UI/visual issue

EDIT: sorry, ignore all of this, I now understand that people are saying after today’s patch it still isn’t fixed. My bad! I thought when they actually fix some thing they go in these known issues topics and update them with the new status.
    Edited by Elvenheart on June 18, 2024 12:10AM
    Options
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    I still have the glow on my health bar with destro staves equipped. So it's not fixed. Although the thick frame that used to be there before patch they did take away.
    The glow remains, however.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still have the health bar glow and extended mag + stam resource bars with no food active. The only difference is my health bar goes back to normal after food with hp is removed, but the offensive resources remain extended. Front bar dual wield, back bar 2-handed or destro. All are bugged. Multiple characters, multiple races (Imperial and Dunmer both have extended mag and stam bars, for example).
    Options
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My health bars are still buffed when no food is active (Dunmer character).

For starters, I said "health bars" but I meant "resource bars." But after logging out and back in, the next time my food wore off my health bar went to the small size, but the magicka and stamina stayed longer even though no buff was active. I usually use food that only buffs health and stamina. So it's now inconsistently inaccurate.
    Options
  • htltrashb16_ESO
    htltrashb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Independantly from glow, before Update 42 health bar was only displayed when targeting enemies or in combat. Since Update 42, it is permanently displayed. Settings are on "Automatic" (as they always have been).
    Options
  • Abnaxos
    Abnaxos
    ✭✭
    Independantly from glow, before Update 42 health bar was only displayed when targeting enemies or in combat. Since Update 42, it is permanently displayed. Settings are on "Automatic" (as they always have been).

The health bar being always visible is most probably a side effect of the health bar constantly glowing. If the health bar glows, there is some information to be displayed, so it's correct to show it. However, it shouldn't be glowing in the first place. Since the issue is fixed for my Nightblade bow/dual (health bar isn't constantly glowing anymore), it's also hidden again during exploration with attribute bars set to "auto".
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Sorry everyone, there was a little confusion over this fix and as some noted, it is indeed not fully fixed yet. The full fix should be going into the next incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • KurganNazzir
    KurganNazzir
    ✭✭✭

The health bar being always visible is most probably a side effect of the health bar constantly glowing. If the health bar glows, there is some information to be displayed, so it's correct to show it. However, it shouldn't be glowing in the first place. Since the issue is fixed for my Nightblade bow/dual (health bar isn't constantly glowing anymore), it's also hidden again during exploration with attribute bars set to "auto".

I've always had mine set to Automatic and the glow, both before the patch and after the patch, did not make them suddenly appear, I had to turn them on for each character to see who had a glowing bar and who didn't. Heck, I didn't even know about the glow problem pre-patch until my brother told me about it (his are set to always show).
    Options