Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

sorcerers

mikeabboudb14_ESO
mikeabboudb14_ESO
✭✭✭
as ive leveld i have noticed that their re really one maybe two builds a sorcerer can use to survive. I am tempted to not mention them and ask anyone who reads this to simply list them as I think those of us who play the sorcerer know full we ll what they are. But I wont. Pets! they have to be on your bar or you will die a bit more then you like. Honestly when i have crystal missle and the pets on it is all i need to effectivly solo anything else within level reason. Cool if your goal is to get tl level 50 and be bored. Not so cool if you would like to try other builds. I mean i have host of nifty abilities but no reaons to use them. Any one feel that there needs to be somehting done to make it possible to have the same success with other builds rather then just the basic build that we see so many sorcerers running around with. I am talking pve as pets are always usless in pvp unless they can taunt Players offf you.

I've been trying a lock down build where i stun one npc for a 14 seconds but the targeting system is rather sucky so more times then not my next attack hits the locked down npc and i just wasted two spells.

anyone else have some build ideas thatwork againt mobs 2-3 levels higher then my current level. The only build i have so far is the pets one.
Edited by mikeabboudb14_ESO on May 10, 2014 2:40PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont use pets on my sorc, went for the battlemage setup with medium armor, a 2handed sword, and lightning spells. Also, the general consensus here on the forums is that dual wield with encase is probably one of the best ways to AoE enemies (as a melee sorceror, impulse is probably better no doubt).

So far the only issue I've had is survivability against boss mobs or larger groups due to lack of self healing. I havent gotten dark exchange yet though, so maybe that will help.
    Edited by Lynx7386 on May 10, 2014 2:51PM
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • mikeabboudb14_ESO
    mikeabboudb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ive tried the two handed sword but not the medium armor maybe ill give it a shot. anyother ideas
  • ruzlb16_ESO
    ruzlb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, as a vet-level sorc I don't really agree with anything in the OP tbh.
    I used to use pets a lot when I was pretty low level - maybe 5-25ish - but after that I started to learn how to synergize other abilities. I now barely touch them; who wants to have half their bar filled up with dead weight skills?
    I now tend to tailor my bar to whatever I'm doing at the time. I have a favoured single-target DPS loadout, a favoured AOE loadout, a favoured anti-daedra layout... and I'll switch between these in between pulls in a dungeon if necessary. There is literally no skill on my bar which is a permanent fixture there.
    I suspect that you'll find the same thing over time; it's not so much a matter of learning how and when to use certain skills as it is one of learning the best combinations (like encase followed by lightning form, impluse and lightning flood to deal with multiple opponents as opposed to crystal shard, daedric curse and mage's fury to deal with single targets enemies). Looking for a one-size-fits-all skillbar isn't really how ESO works; you have dozens of abilities and none of them are suitable for all occasions.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm lazy and shard-fury/curse-exchange w/ a pet out is the easiest way to play... I do like playing around with other combinations and there are definitely more effective combo's for situational fights (and I use those on boss fights or for named fights). But for just general running around, it's hard to beat the above and it does work for pretty much everything. I am only VR3 though, so I can't speak to the VR6+ content, I can comfortably do VR5 content though.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com