Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Explorers Event from 23 May?

• LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't the event start today? I see nothing about it in game.
    Options
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it starts today, it will be in two and a half hours.
    Edited by joergino on May 23, 2024 11:42AM
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    possibly at 10 am edt? Isn't that the usual timing?

Khajiit was also somewhat disturbed at the lack of notice, though. Before this one takes a "light work day" today he would like to know if the event is actually happening
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    Options
  • Tra_Lalan
    Tra_Lalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are surveys not doubled? Would give me incentive to finally get them done...

I think its because if they were doubled, people would tend to hoard them and do them only when they are doubled.
    And this wouldnt be good for the in game economy.
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tra_Lalan wrote: »
    this wouldnt be good for the in game economy.

Which is still wacked-out from the Jubilee event.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • Psychopote
      Psychopote
      ✭✭✭
      wc9od6xtler2.png
      Options
    • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      Community Manager
      BretonMage wrote: »
      The biggest question is: will furnishing mats be doubled too?

The Explorer's Celebration going live today (in just a little over an hour) does increase your chances to get furnishing material drops, yes. It's not "double" in the traditional sense that you get two any time they drop; rather, it gives you a second chance to pull from the node drop table. :) Hope that helps!
      Jessica Folsom
      Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
      Options
      Staff Post
    • spoqster
      spoqster
      ✭✭✭✭✭

The Explorer's Celebration going live today (in just a little over an hour) does increase your chances to get furnishing material drops, yes. It's not "double" in the traditional sense that you get two any time they drop; rather, it gives you a second chance to pull from the node drop table. :) Hope that helps!

Could you explain how the “node drop table” works? 😃
      Options
    • virtus753
      virtus753
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the response! Much appreciated.

Would you be able to check with the team whether they have fixed the issue with Heartwood? A 20-21% drop rate over nearly 700 pulls means the event bonus is not working on it. (The drop chance would realistically not be higher than 25% with those numbers, but it should be 36% during an event.)

Heartwood is the most highly sought after furnishing mat, going by prices. Since events are meant to increase furnishing mat drops, I hope we can make sure it works on Heartwood too. :)
      Options
    • LaintalAy
      LaintalAy
      ✭✭✭
      Why are surveys not doubled? Would give me incentive to finally get them done...

I think its because if they were doubled, people would tend to hoard them and do them only when they are doubled.

Well a month or two ago, people were whingeing about the 'inflation' in the game.
      So for three weeks everyone got 'increased' drop rates which included rare style mats (crocodile leather etc).

The net result from this is that everyone that took the time to seriously farm, now have nice stocks of mats that they can use personally, without having to resort to buying them. This include PvP players that craft their own pots, making this lucrative industry a bit less lucrative.

Inflation 'fixed'.

I think there's a bit of a difference in drop rates between different furnishing materials, tbh. I've noticed alchemical resin drops abundantly whilst heartwood and mundane runes only drop rarely.

Stats which group all the furnishing mats together probably aren't accurately depicting the situation with heartwood or mundane runes (with or without double node events).

My undocumented observation is for Plentiful Harvest alone is:
      1 x Columbine
      3 x Alchemical Resin (furn mat)
      Just one example, but in my mind it's how these events trend, before any bonus drops take place.
      Anecdotally, when farming mats, I find plenty of Columbine. But it seems that I get more drops of 'only one' compared to other reagents.

The heartwood and mundane picture is distorted by the fact that many players farm these exclusively and leave the logs and other runes behind. Partial harvesting. When you see:
      2 x Ta
      2 x Makko

You know what the missing 3 runes were.

But there's good news! Mundane runes are the Square ones and Kuta are the Round type. Picking up 2 Kuta from players that actively filter the round type out, more than makes up for the missing Mundane runes.

I can only recommend that when harvesting, TAKE EVERYTHING. Leaving Wormwood and Blessed Thistle behind after you take the worms, just reduces the number of nodes that will respawn and with it, the number of nodes for things like Columbine to spawn in.

Enjoy your double drop increased drop rate event and farm wisely.
      PC EU
      UTC+10:00
      Tin-can-and-string internet

Ald Chimeris
      Options
    • TaSheen
      TaSheen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      LaintalAy wrote: »

Well a month or two ago, people were whingeing about the 'inflation' in the game.
      So for three weeks everyone got 'increased' drop rates which included rare style mats (crocodile leather etc).

The net result from this is that everyone that took the time to seriously farm, now have nice stocks of mats that they can use personally, without having to resort to buying them. This include PvP players that craft their own pots, making this lucrative industry a bit less lucrative.

Inflation 'fixed'.

I think there's a bit of a difference in drop rates between different furnishing materials, tbh. I've noticed alchemical resin drops abundantly whilst heartwood and mundane runes only drop rarely.

Stats which group all the furnishing mats together probably aren't accurately depicting the situation with heartwood or mundane runes (with or without double node events).

My undocumented observation is for Plentiful Harvest alone is:
      1 x Columbine
      3 x Alchemical Resin (furn mat)
      Just one example, but in my mind it's how these events trend, before any bonus drops take place.
      Anecdotally, when farming mats, I find plenty of Columbine. But it seems that I get more drops of 'only one' compared to other reagents.

The heartwood and mundane picture is distorted by the fact that many players farm these exclusively and leave the logs and other runes behind. Partial harvesting. When you see:
      2 x Ta
      2 x Makko

But there's good news! Mundane runes are the Square ones and Kuta are the Round type. Picking up 2 Kuta from players that actively filter the round type out, more than makes up for the missing Mundane runes.

I can only recommend that when harvesting, TAKE EVERYTHING. Leaving Wormwood and Blessed Thistle behind after you take the worms, just reduces the number of nodes that will respawn and with it, the number of nodes for things like Columbine to spawn in.

Enjoy your double drop increased drop rate event and farm wisely.

I absolutely LOVE finding people have taken the "colored" runestones or the "good" mats of other types and have left me the furnishing mats.... and no, that is NOT sarcasm.

Works for me!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
      Options
    • virtus753
      virtus753
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Partial harvesting. When you see:
      2 x Ta
      2 x Makko

Sorry, what 3 missing runes?

Potency runes are never guaranteed from regular runestones, and Plentiful Harvest works completely independently on whatever mat is drawn initially. It does not work on a whole node basis. It does not double the whole node, despite the tooltip.

Regular runestones guarantee 1 Aspect and 1 Essence. There is only a 1/3 of a chance to draw a Potency (either 30% or 33% - not sure yet). There is a 20% chance of getting a Mundane Rune or two. PH only procs on a Potency or Mundane Rune when you roll for those in the first place.

2x Ta and 2x Makko is a perfectly normal draw. It means you got a PH proc on both the aspect and essence, but you failed the initial roll for potency and mundane rune. Nothing needs to be missing.

ETA patch notes for the chance at a potency: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25695
      Edited by virtus753 on May 23, 2024 3:38PM
      Options
    • LaintalAy
      LaintalAy
      ✭✭✭
      Well, i wasn't aware of this double-roll concept until now. Happy to stand corrected.

Each harvestable runestone is guaranteed to contain an Essence and an Aspect rune, and one third of the runestones you find will also contain a Potency rune.

Half the time, when you find a Potency rune it will be scaled to your combat level, and the other half of the time it will be scaled to your rank in the Potency Improvement passive.

Partial harvesting be damned.

PC EU
      UTC+10:00
      Tin-can-and-string internet

Ald Chimeris
      Options
    • virtus753
      virtus753
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Well, i wasn't aware of this double-roll concept until now. Happy to stand corrected.

Each harvestable runestone is guaranteed to contain an Essence and an Aspect rune, and one third of the runestones you find will also contain a Potency rune.

Half the time, when you find a Potency rune it will be scaled to your combat level, and the other half of the time it will be scaled to your rank in the Potency Improvement passive.

Partial harvesting be damned.

I mean, you're absolutely right that some people partially harvest nodes. Your enchanting example will work if it's the aspect or essence runestone that's missing.

The other day, for example, I got 2x Ochre from a jewelry seam. That's it. Just the Ochre. Clearly someone took the dust, which is guaranteed to drop.

If someone takes the furnishing mat but not the base mat (or a potency runestone but not the essence or aspect), then it's going to be impossible to tell that the missing mat was ever there, since it isn't guaranteed to drop. In this case it will only be possible to tell the node was previously activated by someone else if the base mat/potency runestone tier is mismatched with your own. Regular resource nodes spawn as either character level based or crafting rank based for everyone (and then they reroll for that upon respawning), so if a level 5 opens a character level-based jewelry seam and takes the ochre but leaves the dust, then I will notice that it was previously activated if I'm on my max level max rank characters. (I will only get platinum dust, never pewter.) Same if it's crafting rank based and their rank is not the same as mine. But I still won't be able to tell what was taken in that case, if anything, only that it was activated by someone else first.
      Edited by virtus753 on May 23, 2024 5:33PM
      Options
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      This event's good if you do crafting writs, also! :) I just did my dailies on 8 characters, and got 81520g instead of the usual 40760 from it.
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
      Options
    • amapola76
      amapola76
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I wasn't particularly excited about this event when I saw the announcement yesterday, but, it does occur to me now that if one is wanting to either start a new character or level up an existing character before starting the new chapter next month, this weekend would be a great time to do it. Especially if you are in the US and have the long holiday weekend.
      Options
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      virtus753 wrote: »
      virtus753 wrote: »

Yes, resource events give you a second pull each time you harvest a regular (non-survey) node, so you get furnishing mats an average of 36% of the time instead of 20%. Slot Plentiful Harvest to increase your yield too - it can proc on both the original roll and the bonus roll from the event. Theoretically you can draw 8x a furnishing mat from a single node, although the chances of that are terribly low. I have had a handful of 6x.

Unfortunately, as of the last two resource events at least, Heartwood specifically has been dropping for me in non-event drop rates and quantities. It works fine outside of events, so I suspect there's a bug with the event bonus. I'll try to test again during this upcoming event.

It’s the same number of furnishing mats per drop, just two drops. So I don’t consider that double furnishing mat drops. You would have to get 4x as much instead of 2x for it to be double.

I must not be understanding. “4x as much” would be quadrupled, and it would be double dipping on the increased mats. They aren’t going to give us two rolls per activation and then double the results of each roll on top of that.

They don’t actually double anything except how many pulls we get per activation, nor do they even use the word “double” anymore. They say “increased,” which is more accurate on a node by node basis, although the average yield will be doubled over time.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/54273

But it isn’t clear from their phrase “increased” resources what exactly is eligible for the increase. Events do not work on all resources everywhere. They don’t work on survey nodes. They don’t work on heavy sacks. They don’t work on bait from bugs or critters. They don’t work on fishing.

They do work on all the mats dropped from regular (non-survey) nodes. Furnishing mats (except Heartwood) are increased in terms of their drop rate and amounts dropped. The cap on furnishing mats outside of an event is 2 at a time without Plentiful Harvest and 4 at a time with it; events allow up to 4 and 8, respectively.

Events also DO work on furnishing mats and other crafting mats dropped by animals - I know ZOS says they don’t, but it’s been very clear that the past few events have allowed animals to drop 2x Clean Pelt or 2x Decorative Wax or one of each, which isn’t possible otherwise (Plentiful Harvest doesn’t work on those when dropped by animals). Events do work on meat dropped by most animals and critters. Events allow 2 Butterfly Wings or 2 Torchbug Thoraxes to be pulled from a single insect. They work on a lot, but not everything.

To get back to furnishing mats: drop rates increase as a result of the extra event pull. You get furnishing mats an average of 36% of the time instead of 20%.

In terms of amounts: outside of an event, without Plentiful Harvest, you should get an average of 25 furnishing mats per 100 pulls. With Plentiful Harvest maxed and slotted, you should get an average of 37.5 furnishing mats per 100 pulls. My rates are 23.95 and 37.4, respectively.

During an event, you should get an average of 50 furnishing mats per 100 pulls, which should go up to 75 furnishing mats per 100 pulls with PH maxed and slotted.

My actual numbers right now with PH are 37.4 furnishing mats per 100 pulls average outside of events and 75.4 furnishing mats per 100 pulls during events. That’s close enough to double for me.

Yes, I totally agree on how the double drops are working based on your description.

It would be nice to record my farming and count up the drops as you say, but my PS hard drive is full with game data and POVs from trials so I am going on anecdotal numbers I guess. The problem for me is I find way more wood nodes than anything else so I am always hurting for mundane runes especially. I guess I just don’t feel like I get double furnishing mats when I farm during events. It could be the case or not, you only get double for what you find and only if someone else has not picked the goodies out of it already.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The nirncrux drop rate has been disappointing, or maybe I'm just unlucky this weekend. Everything else in Craglorn is dropping at higher rates, but not nirncrux: its drop rate hasn't changed.
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
      Options