Explorers Event from 23 May?

msetten
msetten
✭✭✭✭
I read in a guild discord that another Explorers Event will be starting coming Thursday (23 May). This is normally an event with 100% XP boost, 100% gold boost en double resources from nodes (excluding fishing and surveys). Is this correct? (I couldn't find any information about it here)

Best Answer

• Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    mig0zaov53fi.png
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That date came up from guildies a few days ago but wasn't able to find any confirmation on here. I still can't but it popped up on Facebook so I guess it's confirmed, tho you'd thing it would be on the forums first.
    And yes, double xp, nodes and gold for 5 day!
    PS4 EU
    Options
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the announcement on Facebook, but there doesn't seem to be anything about it on the ESO website, unless it is embedded somewhere it can't be located.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this mini event doesnt really have a enticing reason for me to participate lol, i know its helpful for others but doesnt provide much incentive for me

im almost cp 2700 i dont need the xp
    i have 100+ mil gold in the bank, dont need the gold
    and i have a comfortable supply of mats dont need to farm excessively

and no tickets lol

i do like the events with double drops, it makes farming dungeons and trials less of a pain, i also really enjoyed the one event earlier this year with event boxes that gave IC gear from the IC dailies, got a good chunk of gear collected from that event lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    this mini event doesnt really have a enticing reason for me to participate lol, i know its helpful for others but doesnt provide much incentive for me

and no tickets lol

i do like the events with double drops, it makes farming dungeons and trials less of a pain, i also really enjoyed the one event earlier this year with event boxes that gave IC gear from the IC dailies, got a good chunk of gear collected from that event lol

It’s a great event to just chill, drop in and drop out whenever you want. I rarely find time to farm mats anymore so this gives me a good excuse to go do it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    That date came up from guildies a few days ago but wasn't able to find any confirmation on here. I still can't but it popped up on Facebook so I guess it's confirmed, tho you'd thing it would be on the forums first.

It was given as "late May" officially here on the forums, so it's either May 23 or May 30.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657961/2024-q2-event-schedule-april-through-june
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must remember to pick up extra set of crafting dailies on Wednesday.
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest question is: will furnishing mats be doubled too?
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »

Yes, resource events give you a second pull each time you harvest a regular (non-survey) node, so you get furnishing mats an average of 36% of the time instead of 20%. Slot Plentiful Harvest to increase your yield too - it can proc on both the original roll and the bonus roll from the event. Theoretically you can draw 8x a furnishing mat from a single node, although the chances of that are terribly low. I have had a handful of 6x.

Unfortunately, as of the last two resource events at least, Heartwood specifically has been dropping for me in non-event drop rates and quantities. It works fine outside of events, so I suspect there's a bug with the event bonus. I'll try to test again during this upcoming event.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 22, 2024 4:24AM
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and no tickets lol

It’s a great event to just chill, drop in and drop out whenever you want. I rarely find time to farm mats anymore so this gives me a good excuse to go do it.
    I head for Craglorn during these events, because included in the extra drops of various crafting materials is more nirncrux.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Yes, resource events give you a second pull each time you harvest a regular (non-survey) node, so you get furnishing mats an average of 36% of the time instead of 20%. Slot Plentiful Harvest to increase your yield too - it can proc on both the original roll and the bonus roll from the event. Theoretically you can draw 8x a furnishing mat from a single node, although the chances of that are terribly low. I have had a handful of 6x.

Unfortunately, as of the last two resource events at least, Heartwood specifically has been dropping for me in non-event drop rates and quantities. It works fine outside of events, so I suspect there's a bug with the event bonus. I'll try to test again during this upcoming event.

I have noticed that Plentiful Harvest does work to increase furnishing mat drops, but I haven't seen increased drops in any of the double node events either. It's a pity because furnishing mats are what's actually in short supply.
    Options
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »

I got info via Dweemr Automaton bot on my Dis when someone from eso-hub pushed that info early.
    I got that message that is CE up on May 17 and after it I got message that was a mistake but if you look HERE you can see purple box with "This event will start on May 23rd 2024" in.
    Really sorry for my english
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that Plentiful Harvest does work to increase furnishing mat drops, but I haven't seen increased drops in any of the double node events either. It's a pity because furnishing mats are what's actually in short supply.

q0ymp2qvu812.png

This drop cannot happen outside of an event. (It was pulled during the last Blackwood event on November 19.)

You can’t get more than 4x a furnishing mat from a single node outside of an event, since you can only get 1x or 2x for your initial roll, and then a successful PH proc rolls again for another 1x or 2x to add to that.

During events I’ve gotten 5x the furnishing mat 0.6% of the time (a little lower than the expected 0.7%) and 6x 0.3% of the time (a little better than the expected 0.24%). I haven’t yet gotten 7x or 8x, but those would be expected only 0.05% and 0.004% of the time, respectively.

The fact that 5x and 6x drop shows that the event bonus definitely works on furnishing mats, as does my drop rate of 36.54% during events compared to 20.1% outside of events. (Plentiful Harvest does not increase the drop rate of getting furnishing mats, only the amount you get when they do drop.)

But Heartwood seems to be left out for some reason. The drops aren't working as they should for me. As I said, I will try to test it again when Explorer's is up.
    Edited by virtus753 on May 22, 2024 6:14AM
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    q0ymp2qvu812.png

This drop cannot happen outside of an event. (It was pulled during the last Blackwood event on November 19.)

I don't pay much attention to ochre or regulus, but I've never, ever seen drops of more than 4 (under Plentiful Harvest) for heartwood or mundane runes. I got 4 mundane runes yesterday and that feels (unsubstantiated, admittedly) more rare than getting 2x potent nirncrux.
    Edited by BretonMage on May 22, 2024 6:21AM
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    q0ymp2qvu812.png

I don't pay much attention to ochre or regulus, but I've never, ever seen drops of more than 4 (under Plentiful Harvest) for heartwood or mundane runes. I got 4 mundane runes yesterday and that feels (unsubstantiated, admittedly) more rare than getting 2x potent nirncrux.

j42z2o6z21mh.png

Mundane Rune can, but it is rare. This is also from that same event (same day, even).

If I've ever seen Heartwood 5x or above, I don't recall. (That's out of a resource node, I mean. Heavy sacks can drop 5x a furnishing mat, but they aren't affected by Plentiful Harvest or an event.)

My drop rates for furnishing mats are 15% for 1x and 5% for 2x without Plentiful Harvest.

That should lead to the following drop rates:

With Plentiful Harvest only:

7.50% 1x
    8.13% 2x
    3.75% 3x
    0.63% 4x

It should be 20% altogether but is slightly off due to rounding.

With Plentiful Harvest during an event:

12.00% 1x
    13.56% 2x
    7.22% 3x
    2.22% 4x
    0.70% 5x
    0.24% 6x
    0.05% 7x
    0.004% 8x

It should be 36% altogether but again is slightly off due to rounding.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I tend to only run them on 1-4 characters now. An extra set is not that compelling since they get quite tedious, even if they make decent gold.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are surveys not doubled? Would give me incentive to finally get them done...
    Options
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double harvesting usually means 4x people attacking the nodes
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and no tickets lol

So rich! Please send me some gold! i'm trying to finish off my grandmaster stations for my guild (at 57/77) and my guildies are poor. Master writs would also be lovely. Thanks!
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »

and no tickets lol

So rich! Please send me some gold! i'm trying to finish off my grandmaster stations for my guild (at 57/77) and my guildies are poor. Master writs would also be lovely. Thanks!

lol, im working on grandmaster stations myself (and only at 11/77 completed to boot)

i have calculated to buy the remaining stations (~400-500k per attuned table, or 2 mil per set, it would be like 132 mil gold)

i have a lack of master writs myself mainly because i hate doing normal daily writs lol, but if i were to spend gold i would try to buy the tables directly
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »

and no tickets lol

lol, im working on grandmaster stations myself (and only at 11/77 completed to boot)

i have calculated to buy the remaining stations (~400-500k per attuned table, or 2 mil per set, it would be like 132 mil gold)

i have a lack of master writs myself mainly because i hate doing normal daily writs lol, but if i were to spend gold i would try to buy the tables directly

Good luck with your own GMCS journey. I leveled all of my 15 toons for crafting, and then also did research to get their traits up. I'm getting more writ drops which definitely helps with generating vouchers.
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit has fully stocked guild hall with GM stations, all mundus, trial dummies, etc, along with full floating maze and 2 precursor bowling alleys, open to any and all who wish to come visit. It may say Pariah's Pinnacle on the outside, but this home is pure Khajiit sleekness.

@karthrag_inak in game, "Karth's Glitter Box" via EHT/Housing Hub.

Just thought this one would share that :smile:
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Double harvesting usually means 4x people attacking the nodes

If you don't mind the absence of nirncrux, cyro delves.

Nodes are nicely packed together and if you don't like competition well, is a PvP zone, make your feelings known.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It’s the same number of furnishing mats per drop, just two drops. So I don’t consider that double furnishing mat drops. You would have to get 4x as much instead of 2x for it to be double.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I tend to only run them on 1-4 characters now. An extra set is not that compelling since they get quite tedious, even if they make decent gold.

I do them on 20 and find it to be worth my time. About 90 minutes to do them all.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s the same number of furnishing mats per drop, just two drops. So I don’t consider that double furnishing mat drops. You would have to get 4x as much instead of 2x for it to be double.

I must not be understanding. “4x as much” would be quadrupled, and it would be double dipping on the increased mats. They aren’t going to give us two rolls per activation and then double the results of each roll on top of that.

They don’t actually double anything except how many pulls we get per activation, nor do they even use the word “double” anymore. They say “increased,” which is more accurate on a node by node basis, although the average yield will be doubled over time.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/#en/answer/54273

But it isn’t clear from their phrase “increased” resources what exactly is eligible for the increase. Events do not work on all resources everywhere. They don’t work on survey nodes. They don’t work on heavy sacks. They don’t work on bait from bugs or critters. They don’t work on fishing.

They do work on all the mats dropped from regular (non-survey) nodes. Furnishing mats (except Heartwood) are increased in terms of their drop rate and amounts dropped. The cap on furnishing mats outside of an event is 2 at a time without Plentiful Harvest and 4 at a time with it; events allow up to 4 and 8, respectively.

Events also DO work on furnishing mats and other crafting mats dropped by animals - I know ZOS says they don’t, but it’s been very clear that the past few events have allowed animals to drop 2x Clean Pelt or 2x Decorative Wax or one of each, which isn’t possible otherwise (Plentiful Harvest doesn’t work on those when dropped by animals). Events do work on meat dropped by most animals and critters. Events allow 2 Butterfly Wings or 2 Torchbug Thoraxes to be pulled from a single insect. They work on a lot, but not everything.

To get back to furnishing mats: drop rates increase as a result of the extra event pull. You get furnishing mats an average of 36% of the time instead of 20%.

In terms of amounts: outside of an event, without Plentiful Harvest, you should get an average of 25 furnishing mats per 100 pulls. With Plentiful Harvest maxed and slotted, you should get an average of 37.5 furnishing mats per 100 pulls. My rates are 23.95 and 37.4, respectively.

During an event, you should get an average of 50 furnishing mats per 100 pulls, which should go up to 75 furnishing mats per 100 pulls with PH maxed and slotted.

My actual numbers right now with PH are 37.4 furnishing mats per 100 pulls average outside of events and 75.4 furnishing mats per 100 pulls during events. That’s close enough to double for me.
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's a bit of a difference in drop rates between different furnishing materials, tbh. I've noticed alchemical resin drops abundantly whilst heartwood and mundane runes only drop rarely.

Stats which group all the furnishing mats together probably aren't accurately depicting the situation with heartwood or mundane runes (with or without double node events).
    Edited by BretonMage on May 23, 2024 2:36AM
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think there's a bit of a difference in drop rates between different furnishing materials, tbh. I've noticed alchemical resin drops abundantly whilst heartwood and mundane runes only drop rarely.

Stats which group all the furnishing mats together probably aren't accurately depicting the situation with heartwood or mundane runes (with or without double node events).

Which is why I keep track of them separately as well (and that is how I came to suspect that heartwood alone is likely bugged during events). Shy of a dev popping in with official info, I'd really doubt anyone programmed regulus and resin to have a 19% drop chance, bast and ochre and heartwood to have 20%, and mundane runes to have 21%, especially since you remember getting more resin than mundane runes. Some variation is expected here, since these are the results of chance. I've only recorded between 1,000-2,000 pulls for each craft, so as I do more, the numbers should get closer to their expected values. They've gotten noticeably closer to each other and to 20% over time as a trend compared to when I had fewer pulls. If the drop chances were different, they should be trending apart. And the breakdowns of 1x vs 2x vs 3x vs 4x would not be so close to the expected values.

The thing about this is that anyone in game is able to keep a record of their drops and do the math. Anyone can pull a thousand or two plant nodes and record how many times they get resin and in what quantities, or whatever other mat they like. But recording the actual data is important, and large numbers of pulls are required. (I got Heartwood 5 times in 9 consecutive wood nodes the other day, but I know the actual drop chance is nowhere near 55.55%.) Ideally the farming locations and times should be varied as well in case certain areas are being farmed by players who take the furnishing mats while leaving the base mats behind. To reduce the impact of that issue further, one could test on the PTS, but that's a lot of time wasted for no gain on live.
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy of a dev popping in with official info, I'd really doubt anyone programmed regulus and resin to have a 19% drop chance, bast and ochre and heartwood to have 20%, and mundane runes to have 21%, especially since you remember getting more resin than mundane runes.

I don't know how drop rates are calculated, but it's not ludicrous to imagine a small handful of furnishing materials might be programmed separately. But I agree it's something we can't know without a dev comment.

If you'd compared the data for each material separately, and they average out to be similar to each other, then of course I'll defer to your statistics. I farmed mundane runes today and got around 20% chance of a drop, consistent with your findings, with 30 nodes out of 145 containing at least 1 mundane rune. I only picked a handful of alchemy ingredients, my usual zones seemed to be farmed out, so I can't say much about their drop rates today.

It will be interesting to see how the explorer's event affects the drop rates, now I have some confirmation they are supposed to benefit from the event. Thanks for your input, by the way.
    Options
  • Psychopote
    Psychopote
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Psychopote on May 23, 2024 10:16AM
    Options