Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Slivers of Null Arca still sucks

ZhuJiuyin
ZhuJiuyin
✭✭✭✭

Patch v10.0.4: Increased the damage of this set by ~37%

But I don’t think there is an improvement. For testing, I compared Slivers of Null Arca with Relequen. You can see that Slivers of Null Arca is still nearly 100% behind Relequen in damage (5.4% VS 10.7%, Damage: 1137935 VS 2250247).
And don't forget, the CP points I used have more benefits for Slivers of Null Arca.

Slivers of Null Arca still needs to increase its damage by at least 80%~110% to be truly usable!

Slivers of Null Arca
gqpx3zuimdco.png
i07y72pvrg7h.png

Relequen
fdgsjiitu5zm.png
nd12tui3jvgn.png
"是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't really looked at the set, but going from the tool tip, it seems that you don't need to do anything special for the 5-piece bonus and you gain the stacks passively, whereas for Relequen you have to keep up your weaving, the discrepancy in damage doesn't have to be so large, but I think it makes sense for Rele to pull ahead.
    Edited by Jaimeh on May 14, 2024 12:54AM
    Options
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭

Nirn also does more damage than Null arca (direct damage + dot) and it's not even a trial set. In addition, Ansuul provides a 7% global bonus, Whorl of the Depths also provides much higher than 5% damage, and it is also AOE.
    The conditions for these sets proc are equally simple, and the damage is much higher than the null arca. Considering that null arca has more stringent conditions (requires critical hits, stacks, and only deals damage to a single target), there is no reason for null arca to only deal such low damage.
    "是燭九陰,是燭龍。"──by "The Classic of Mountains and Seas "English is not my first language,If something is ambiguous, rude due to context and translation issues, etc., please remind me, thanks.
    Options
  • tonyblack
    tonyblack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that in current iteration the set is weak for pve, but for pvp it looks solid, about as good as old caluurion. Probably they account for this limitation to make it viable in both but not completely broken.
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao they put a pvp set in a trial
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭
    tonyblack wrote: »
    I agree that in current iteration the set is weak for pve, but for pvp it looks solid, about as good as old caluurion. Probably they account for this limitation to make it viable in both but not completely broken.

If worried that null arca is too strong in PVP, just make its damage only take effect on monsters. After all we already have similar examples like Ansuul.

ZOS, please adjust the null arca, as a trial set it doesn't do enough damage at all. This one is more like the Dungeon set, and even does lower damage than Nirn (don’t forget, Nirn even does AOE damage)
    Increase the damage caused by this , or let this set provide players with some BUFFs, such as gaining a 5% critical hit chance after causing damage, which lasts for 10 seconds.
    Options
  • Soundinfinite
    Soundinfinite
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, both DPS sets from the trial are lacking. ARC is basically a standard proc set with minor slayer attached. MORA is basically the craftable Wraith set with minor slayer attached and uncontrollable stacking conditions. Neither change the meta in anyway, Except maybe an Oakensoul build with Mora.

BUT....comparing anything to Rele is just a lost cause. The set is honestly far overtuned and that is after it's been nerfed. If you want best dummy dps...its automatically rele plus whatever else...same for single target boss fights. Nothing in this game, NOTHING, comes close to its single target damage, hell there are hardly any actual skills that can match its damage as it takes normally 10% of dps dummy parse if not more. And it doesnt even crit.

However, the support sets are both strong, and are what this trial is giving this time round. Both will likely become staples and change the tanking and healing metas...and that was likely their goal this time round...and gives the trial a reason to be farmed/run outside of just fun or achievements...

And as for pvp sets from trials or pve...its not a bad idea as it promotes crossplay. Just like there are and have been pvp sets that are BIS in pve play (deadly and assult come to mind) Its an angle to get players to do more stuff and spend time in the game. Though, an angle many dont like, cause they dont want to do the stuff they dont want to do. Which is fair, its a game, so have fun how you like.

I for one am game for a monster helm that gives 777 crit like slime and the second trait be minor slayer...so people can mix and match sets at will and create fun and effective builds outside of trial flavor of the month sets.
    Edited by Soundinfinite on May 14, 2024 4:16PM
    Options
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, if we push hard enough they will nerf all the other sets to the level of Null Arca to make it more competitive.
    Playing since beta...
    Options
  • ZhuJiuyin
    ZhuJiuyin
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem is, even if it is not compared to Relequen, Null Arca is not as good as trial sets like Whorl of the Depths, Mantle of Siroria, or even Dungeon sets like Nirn and Anthelmir. I suspect Null Arca is still bugged.
    In comparison, Mora Scribe's Thesis is even more stunning than Null Arca. Hopefully this is the first step towards balancing the light armor class.
    Options
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    not a fan of it personally,
    Fractured wallet could be a nice skin unlocked by spending so many crowns
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BUT....comparing anything to Rele is just a lost cause. The set is honestly far overtuned and that is after it's been nerfed. If you want best dummy dps...its automatically rele plus whatever else...same for single target boss fights. Nothing in this game, NOTHING, comes close to its single target damage, hell there are hardly any actual skills that can match its damage as it takes normally 10% of dps dummy parse if not more. And it doesnt even crit.

One of the reasons for that is because Relequen hits more often than the tooltip specifies. It does the quoted once-per-second dot plus another tick of damage whenever you light attack on a bar where it's active.

A solid parse with it double barred is getting as much as 40% more damage than its tooltip says it will do.
    Options
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have posted that before in the thread New Item Set for me this is more interisting :

◾Null Arca is Underpowered more other set is more power full than him like Relequen,coral Riptide... etc

The Current Perfected Null Arca is that :
    (2 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    (3 items) Gain Minor Slayer at all times, increasing your damage done to Dungeon, Trial, and Arena Monsters by 5%.
    (4 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    (5 items) Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage, Dealing Critical Damage gives you a stack of Sliver for 10 seconds. You can only gain one stack of Sliver every 0.5 seconds. When you gain your third stack, the stacks are consumed and the crystals launch at the last enemy you damaged, dealing 1311 Physical Damage. This damage scales off your Weapon or Spell Damage. Once you launch the crystals, you cannot gain Sliver for 5 seconds.

He need to be changed to that i think :smile:

(2 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    (3 items) Gain Minor Slayer at all times, increasing your damage done to Dungeon, Trial, and Arena Monsters by 5%.
    (4 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance
    (5 items) Adds 657 Critical Chance,Dealing Critical Direct Damage gives you a stack of Sliver for 10 seconds. You can only gain one stack of Sliver every 0.5 seconds. When you gain your third stack, the stacks are consumed.
    Your weapons are transformed into crystals and all your direct damages deal 3700 more damage for the next 5 Seconds. This damage increase are scales off your Weapon or Spell Damage. After consumed thé stacks, you cannot gain Sliver for 5 seconds.

Change the 5pc bonus Perfected to 657 Critical Chance and buff direct damage for add a new way to play build and buff build used direct damage like Nightblade.
    PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
    Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
    6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
    Options
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a reason for PvPers to pursue a perfected trial set, duhhhhhhhhh

It's not really for using in trials
    Options