Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Crystal Shard morph?

METALPUNKS
METALPUNKS
✭✭✭
What do think is the best morph for leveling. Please note that I do have FTC to shows when it procs for the instant shard. Also can someone explain how this works exactly. Do I have to use the spell before or can I use any spell to make it proc?
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any magicka spell can trigger the fragments proc, and gives you about seven seconds to take advantage of it. I would go with fragments, since the AoE morph isn't a huge amount of added damage and those extra cheaper uses of Fragments are VERY useful at higher levels.
    The Psijic Order
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any magical spell can proc the Fragment except for Crystal Shard (can't proc itself.)

You don't need FTC to know when it procs. There is an audio cue and then your hands glow for the duration.

Puppington is correct that it lasts about 7 secs, but as long as you keep casting over that time you can keep the Fragment active.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, pick Crystal Fragments. Its better in 100% of situations.

Even for AoE its better.

That's because it'll proc often and give you an instant/cheap cast that you can use multiple times on multiple enemies.

The other morph is kinda trash.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome thanks. Learned something new. Had no clue it lasted 7 seconds. I thought it had to be the next cast. Also I will listen for thst sound because I know I can't see my hands glow I'm playing on low blurry settings. Can hardly see my weapon lol.
  • Rabbit6
    Rabbit6
    Soul Shriven
    Metalpunks, it does only work for one cast, then it's gone. The point being made is that the buff it gives only lasts ten seconds. If you don't use it in that time window, you lose its benefit entirely.