Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Question about Shadow Cloak

ConciseRex
ConciseRex
✭✭
I have my Shadow Cloak at IV now so it is a 100% critical strike rating, now the question I am wondering is, does this mean an additional 100% damage to a crit attack or 100% chance to crit and if so what attacks/ability's does it affect?

EDIT
Also I do not understand the normal Crit bonus from stealth if someone could explain that too thanks :)
Edited by ConciseRex on May 10, 2014 10:53AM
  • adesanawa
    adesanawa
    ✭✭
    it's +100% crit chance, you can even see it in you status screen. I had like 130% crit chance during the duration.

It basically means most melee skills will crit when used during the cloak. Mostly it's used for veiled strike though. yes even some magicka skills count as melee. On top of my head are Veiled strike, Assassin's blade and teleport strike.

Stealth crit bonus gives you this huge damage multiplier when you attacked enemies from behind. However due to bug or intended, shadow cloak doesn't count as sneak attack and doesn't give you the damage boost, which is weird. Basically it was meant solely for Veiled Strike and maybe running away.