The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Install_ESO program will not run on my Mac OS X!

TyrenAlekor
TyrenAlekor
Soul Shriven
So I've been using my Windows laptop to play ESO where I have experienced very few problems. Unfortunately, that laptop has died on me so I've tried downloading the Mac game client from my account on the ESO website onto my Mac OS X at home. It immediately started downloading a program titled "Install_ESO" which went through smoothly. However, when I click on the program, the Ouroboros icon jumps up and down on my tool bar for about 5 seconds before vanishing and nothing happens. I have tried deleting the program and downloading it again multiple times but the issue is always the same. I also tried updating the software and Java on my Mac but this did not help at all. I tried the steps listed in the post at the top of the Mac Technical Support forum but I couldn't find any Zenimax folder inside my applications or anywhere on my computer for the that matter. The Install_ESO program is definitely present though.

I have a Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 with 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor which I am running on Administrator.

Please help me fixed this issue! I have put a lot of playing time into this game so far (character is currently at Veteran Rank 8), participated in the Beta, and even purchased the Imperial Edition with early access through the ESO website. I would hate for it all to go to waist.