Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

DK Vet Spec

bigunn
bigunn
So I am hoping someone can help me. I am currently vet lvl 3 and I am getting completely smashed while trying to quest. I tend to mostly play solo since my friends are lower lvl than I am. I am hoping that someone can suggest a build that works good for solo'ing in the vet zones? I am currently using dual wield / bow . Any help/suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated.
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to know the best build for the dual wield DK.
    I'm currently using=
    1. blood craze(heals while bleeds) stamina
    2. degeneration(heals over time and on hit 15% chance) magicka
    3. blinding furry when healing is not needed (usually need the stam for blood craze spamming, blocking, and interupting so this is only used when 1v1 against fairly easy opponents) stamina
    4. stonefist(used to have the claws here, but wanted to get this skill line up, useful when you have extra magicka and want to knock your target down to take them out of the fight for a few seconds, good when 2v1) magicka
    5. extended chains magicka
    ULT. soul assault.

This build works well against harder enemies and groups of 2. Has some problems with 3, but can handle them most of the time. Sometimes it is fun to fight quest bosses that are supposed to be hard because they have so much health. Spamming 1 and using 2 whenever it wears off lets me stay in a fight almost indefinitely. Usually my magic recovers faster than I need to use ability 2 and so I can use that forever. Blood craze uses a tiny amount of stamina and when health is full and staying at full, you can use the regular attack and let some stam recharge. While this is probably not the best build, I find it works well for soloing. I am curious what other people use for their soloing DK build. My swap is just crappy destruction staff crap. I thought that it was good BC I saw sorc running around glass cannoning everything so I thought Hey why not try magic. So my swap isn't used much. Might go sword and board with this at some point, I'm VR2 and don't have too much trouble with most content. I do still die, but I can get through almost anything.
  • Thrazgash_ESO
    The build I used from v8-v10 was:

1st Bar:
    1. Unstable flame
    2. Blood craze
    3. Stonefist
    4. Steel tornado
    5. Green dragon Blood
    6. Werewolf berserker (lol)

2nd Bar: (Bow)
    1. Igneous Weapons
    2. Poison Injection
    3. Draining Shot
    4. Bombard
    5. Dragon Fire Scale (For ranged and dagger-throwers)
    6. Flawless Dawnbreaker

I would open up with a sneak attack from my bow, root and snare the enemies, and pick them off as they made their way towards me. When finally in melee range, I pulled out my dual swords and cut whoever was left standing to ribbons. Gave a really bad ass feel to it while letting me survive most content. If this didn't work, I replaced my dual wielded weapons with a sword and shield and was able to pull through.

Before this, I abused the vampire skill "invigorating drain" like nobody's business, and I'd have likely went back to being a vampire if I wasn't stuck with a bugged, uncurable sanies lupinus disease. It was a bit dull like that, but it was demi-God mode, being able to shield bash enemies down and, when out of stamina, just drain them to be back up to near full.
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭
    Also, you might want to think about taking the lower lvl armors and switching them from heavy to med for the crit %. It will add a damage aspect to your build. I'm working on that now. With overcharging what it is, you won't be losing the full value of switching from a couple heavy to med such as gloves and belt that give the lowest. This will impact some of the passives, but your health regen should already be overcharged making that passive useless, your armor should be overcharged making the 3% total armor increase almost useless. It will effect your blocking and healing you receive by a couple %, but that isn't anything to worry about when soloing and that 3% crit chance per med armor piece is definitely more noticeable than those passives you are lowering slightly. Sure people will try to tell you that all heavy armor is good, that would be true if overcharging didn't exists. Overcharging almost demands a hybrid of armor types to balance out all the skills. Currently I am wearing 1 med and 1 light piece of armor both with training because im just lvling them up atm, but even so my health regen is overcharged, my stam regen is overcharged, my total health is overcharged, and my armor is well beyond overcharged(my jewelry enchantments add 510* each, all the other enchantments seem to be next to useless by comparison. ability cost is a possibility, but it caps at like 45 decrease and the abilities cost around 300. So, ability to cast an extra cast of 1 skill every 6 casts, or an extra 1530* armor allowing me to switch some heavy to med or even light if I wanted to.