The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Does anyone plan to actually ride the Jubilee Confetti Mount?

• DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I will not use it, but unfortunately, like OP, I realized that once I had it already... :s
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't used it yet, but I'm sure I'll use it on occasion.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • g00dies
    g00dies
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to thank ZOS for the mount as it will forever remind me of the 10 year anniversary event and my misfortune in miscalculating the confetti required and finishing a day early.

Unfortunately I think my mount appears lame, and I'm in conversations with the vet as to the next steps to address.
    Options
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    no,i would ride it if its a guar
    Options
  • OccultNerd
    OccultNerd
    ✭✭
    Seems I am in the minority, I absolutely love the mount and think its a perfect reward for the Jubilee celebrations.
    13xx CP PC/NA
    Murasaki Ukiyo ~ Warden DPS | Mio Aiko ~ DK Tank
    Silria Bloodmoon ~ DK DPS | Looks-Into-The-Dark-Void ~ Nightblade DPS
    Gaze-Into-The-Void ~ Sorcerer DPS | Kurai Ukiyo~ Lizard Warden Healer
    Savage Void ~ Templar Grand Master Crafter & Scryer
    Eats-Rainbows ~ Warden Trials Healer
    Malicious Malice ~ Necromancer DPS | Mistress of the Macabre ~ Sorcerer DPS
    Kimoi Ikeru ~ Sorcerer DPS | Aurora Obscura ~ Arcanist Trials DPS
    Xio The Magnifico
    ~ Arcanist DPS Thief & Assassin | Kurai Tsukiko ~ Templar DPS
    Kizo Tizava
    ~ Necromancer
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was just gonna assign it to Isobel. she's got that sweet tooth.

That's what I did. She loves her sparkly cake horse. Celebratory sweets all the time!
    Options
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm using it on a few of my characters, mainly the ones I use in PVP. The thing farts confetti and I'm carrying a slice of cake. The visuals don't bother me.

I don't know how zoomed in you are when you play, but because I value spatial awareness, I play as zoomed out as I can get, and at that distance, you can't even notice the issue.

TBH IMO, I think you are being a little too nitpicky with the anniversary horse. There are other issues that are way worse than a splotchy tail job. Like the lag. Have you seen how bad the lag has been in Cyrodil? Frame rate drops into single digits when we're fighting 60+ People. :s
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do genuinely like the horse, but I'll say a couple of things about it, because I feel it could have been done a bit better.

I love the coloration of the horse itself, in contrast with the red and gold details on the tack. I enjoy how the red seems to be a reference to the red-diamond.

I actually like the confetti, and think it's super fun, along with the noise the horse makes when summoned. But I do wish two things about it:

1. I wish that it wasn't coming out from under the saddle, making it look as though my character ate a few too many jesters festival boxes an is having some, uhmn...interesting GI issues >_>; It would look better as a general aura of glitter instead.

2. I wish that you could toggle the cake and glitter effect off, so that outside of the festival, you could just enjoy the horse as normal. I like the cake, but I do wish it was toggleable.

I also find myself wishing that the tail had been done better, since I really dislike how the attachment to the body was done.

I love the tack on the horse though. It's really gorgeous. A toggle for the glitter effects and cake would make me love it so much more though.

These are exactly my thoughts to a T.

As for the question, I'll probably swap to it occasionally on one of my characters that it suits since I do think it's very pretty for the most part.
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OccultNerd wrote: »
    Seems I am in the minority, I absolutely love the mount and think its a perfect reward for the Jubilee celebrations.

I agree the mount was perfect for the Jubilee celebrations. Broken mount, broken event 🤣
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'm using it on a few of my characters, mainly the ones I use in PVP. The thing farts confetti and I'm carrying a slice of cake. The visuals don't bother me.

I don't know how zoomed in you are when you play, but because I value spatial awareness, I play as zoomed out as I can get, and at that distance, you can't even notice the issue.

TBH IMO, I think you are being a little too nitpicky with the anniversary horse. There are other issues that are way worse than a splotchy tail job. Like the lag. Have you seen how bad the lag has been in Cyrodil? Frame rate drops into single digits when we're fighting 60+ People. :s

That’s definitely a very important topic and one that deserves lots of attention and consideration by ZOS in it’s own thread. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t talk or have opinions about something else in the game, even something is frivolous as the anniversary mount. 🙂
    Edited by Elvenheart on April 26, 2024 2:27PM
    Options
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. It depends on the character and their transmog though since I always match the mount to that.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    Options
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was cute. I managed to unlock it the day before the event ended. But now that I've ridden it around for a couple of days, I've switched back to a feline. I only like the animations on felines. Everything other kind of mount (except the 2-seater dwarven thing, of course) looks like it would shake your teeth out riding around Tamriel.
    Options
  • KapiteinBoterham
    KapiteinBoterham
    ✭✭✭
    The jubilee mount is very cute. The way you hold a cake while riding is very funny!
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe with the next special event mount, as you ride along, you do the /trumpetsolo emote. I hear it’s one of the most beloved emotes in the game. 😉
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Maybe with the next special event mount, as you ride along, you do the /trumpetsolo emote. I hear it’s one of the most beloved emotes in the game. 😉

Don't even joke about that! :s
    Edited by SilverBride on April 27, 2024 1:23AM
    PCNA
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my alts and all of my companions have mount set to random. I like the variety. So yes, one of my alts or one of my companions will sometimes ride this anniversary mount.
    Edited by Ingenon on April 27, 2024 3:22AM
    Options
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main Crafter is a Multitasker and therefore really appreciates that she can eat cake whilst riding on horseback. There was a time when she could ride a horse whilst standing upright on its back but those days have long gone. Does anyone else remember that Bug? I was sad when it was eventually fixed - ha ha.

She normally rides the Imperial War-horse - which beautifully coordinates with her outfit and non-combat pet - so we shall revert back to that in a few days.

Apart from cake and more cake there was nothing else to spend Tickets on - because none of my chars wanted the Skins or Personality - so Confetti was the only other option. Purple and Gold boxes dropped numerous Style pieces which were mostly given away to Guildies.

I still have not found the perfect mounts (and pets) for a few chars so perhaps the Confetti Horse might appeal to one of them.

The best part of this Event for my 12 girls and boys was lots of full sets of Cakes and Slices for all to enjoy. o:)

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
    Options
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's OK. It has some uses. Isobel loves riding it with her own sweet cake, no less.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll so serious. I keep it with Kay Kyser:

Cause I got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle
    As I go ridin' merrily along
    And they sing, "Oh, ain't you glad you're single?"
    And that song ain't so very far from wrong

I decided to call my horse Lillie Bell. 🤣
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on April 27, 2024 9:12AM
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

Like a bugling cavalry charge?
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭
    I should have taken a better look at this mount before I spent tickets to get it. Not only does this mount have a questionable smear on its backside but it spreads a trail of confetti behind it. And while mounted, the rider also holds a piece of cake on a plate. And to make things even worse, I just found out that it also jingles when mounting up.

This isn't the image I want of my powerful characters as they explore Tamriel.

Ar-har.

I got ridiculed by a guild mate for wasting my tickets on Companion Upgrade vouchers.
    I did get the Hew's Bane horse though. It was easier and less humiliating.
    PC EU
    UTC+10:30

seasons will pass you by
    Options
  • sleepy_worm
    sleepy_worm
    ✭✭✭
    I have a few characters who use the cake horse. I think the most distracting thing, to me, is the extreme arm wobble you get on your cake arm at maximum horse speed.
    Options
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    I don't use any mount, I walk everywhere.
    Most players think that everything is a race and they can't get there fast enough. lol
    PS4/PS5/EU
    Options
  • Grec1a
    Grec1a
    ✭✭✭
    A match made in heaven: Azandar has the cake and my arcanist has a big golden fork to eat it with ;)

fm926nq0d8og.png
    It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something...
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't let my corpse be caught dead riding it.
    Options
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know one person that loves it, and renamed it "Sparklefart" --- personally, I tend towards much plainer looking mounts... but that's me.... and the name makes the young version of me (decades and decades young) laugh.

Auldwulfe
    Options
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auldwulfe wrote: »
    I know one person that loves it, and renamed it "Sparklefart" --- personally, I tend towards much plainer looking mounts... but that's me.... and the name makes the young version of me (decades and decades young) laugh.

Auldwulfe

For me this is what I would want out of the "flashy" level of mounts. Kinda normal but with some silly effects that are still kinda tame... Compared to the flashy explosion jump-scares we have as the high end mounts.
    Options
  • agelonestar
    agelonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to use it, but I'm not / won't while the rider holds a plate of cake - that was a stoooopid idea, to be honest.

Hopefully we'll get a toggle for that.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect trading guild on PC/EU. All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost...... some of us are just looking for trouble.
    GM of Sunfire's Sect (Open) & Dark Star Rising (Priv) | Retired GM of several trade guilds | Trader | Here since the beta
    Options
  • Marronsuisse
    Marronsuisse
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the horse animations so I usually use something else, but I'm using this mount anyway. I love cake.

Great mount for Cyrodiil where it's best not to take yourself too seriously anyway.
    Options
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me and my guildies all rode the glitter mount in PVP last night and it was fun, no lie
    Options