The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS freezes when set to Simplified Chinese

Kelinmiriel
Kelinmiriel
✭✭✭✭
I don't speak Simplified Chinese, but I've been trying to collect some information for addon localization that I haven't been able to find anywhere else, and every time I try to set the PTS to Simplified Chinese, the game freezes. It works fine on live, so I don't believe there's anything wrong with my system causing this. All other officially supported languages work the same as they do on live.

I've tried setting it in an addon, using "/script" in game, and even directly changing my user settings (when I wasn't in game). (The last experiment had no effect at all; it played in English as if I hadn't changed it to "zh".)

Has anyone else noticed this, or tried it? I believe it will be noticed if it goes live this way.
Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just tested it, and that's exactly what happened. I didn't enable any addons, and the game still crashes. This is strange because I localized my addon on week 1 and the Simplified Chinese environment was fine then.

@ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_GinaBruno Has the dev team been aware of this, and if so is there any information available?
    Options
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did try it with addons disabled also, and now I've tried it on both a Linux machine (recently switched to a new Linux system) and on the old Windows 10 system that still runs (much slower, but it still runs.)

Symptoms are different between the two operating systems, but the end result is the same. It absolutely won't run. On Linux, under Steam, it goes to a load screen and just freezes there until I force it to close. Windows recognized that it was hung up, and came up with the Windows popup saying that an error had caused it to close unexpectedly, and asking me to report what I'd been doing when it happened. (Which I did.)

Thanks for double-checking this, @Lykeion!
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
    Options
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, I did NOT test localization on week one, which is why I specified that it's happening now - I had no information about the first week. So your information will hopefully give them more data to work with to fix this. (I'm looking for localization for ticket events, and there wasn't one last week.)
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up, this should be fixed in today's PTS patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I've checked it, and it's fixed. Unfortunately, too late for me to get the activator for Fasaria, since Zeal of Zenithar is over so she's gone. But I got it for all the other supported languages, and I'll get that one when it goes live.
    Options