The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Crazy, bad but work! sets

Sporigudinai
Sporigudinai
✭✭✭
Hi there guys
To talk about a different topic here, and to, maybe, welcome old sets for new pvp player, or just giving new ideas to people who are playing PvP, i would like to talk about sets that are almost forgotten, or people think it just don´t work anymore, or maybe builds that need some crazy way to play for that to work, i would like to debate here opnions and ideas, about sets and builds that are off meta but still can work.

I know that some players here already play with sets that nobody remember anymore and it´s work nice, and sometimes players make it top secret. So putting that aside, lets try to take some sets to the light.

I´m talking about it, because i was trying to think in a build for my stamsorc and stamblade, and remembered about Grothdar and Selene, and it works not that bad.
PC-NA
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of PvP sets that get overlooked are sets that can save you a bar slot. Even if they aren't BiS for damage/healing/whatever they provide, sometimes the utility you gain from being able to slot another skill in place of a buff is well worth the trade.

Things like Gryphons Ferocity, Rattlecage, Mighty Chudan, and Medusa are all examples of this (with the latter two being a bit more popular but still overlooked by many).
    Options
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add in Night Mother´s Gaze for the same reason, which is pretty popular though.
    Options
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knightslayer.

Incredible stat lines. The proc is underwhelming by itself, but it does have some special rules that I will not explain here. If you've been playing you have it down to 25 transmutes, try it, ideally with deadlands assassin and vat 2h.

Options
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sometimes the utility you gain from being able to slot another skill in place of a buff is well worth the trade.

Things like Gryphons Ferocity, Rattlecage, Mighty Chudan, and Medusa are all examples of this (with the latter two being a bit more popular but still overlooked by many).

I've found this to be very true for particular classes / builds.

I rolled a Stamcro the week prior to Update 41, and after experimenting with many sets I came to the conclusion that Rattlecage is worth wearing, because it frees up a slot at basically the cost of 129 weapon / spell damage.

Prior to playing Necro, I thought Rattlecage was garbage.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
    Options
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »

Very worthwhile for builds with high tick rates or cleaves. You don't have to worry about cleanses much because with a decent crit rate (22+%), you'll re-apply Major Breach.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love Grothdarr but the dmg is does isn't work it considering everyone has 30-35k HP. Back in the days were people had 22-27k it was worth it though.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • Mansquito
    Mansquito
    ✭✭✭
    It gets used but isn't the most popular, but Engine Guardian is absolutely great. The sustain aspect is just a great bonus but the damage mitigation is fantastic. If you say 1/5 enemy attacks hit your Engine Guardian then that is 20% damage mitigation which almost any player would use. Even 1/10 is 10% damage mitigation, plus the sustain.

On classes that need the damage like Plar or Necro it might not be worth running as you can't pass up on Balorgh, but on classes that have great damage it feels like it is worth trying.
    Options
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mansquito wrote: »
    It gets used but isn't the most popular, but Engine Guardian is absolutely great. The sustain aspect is just a great bonus but the damage mitigation is fantastic. If you say 1/5 enemy attacks hit your Engine Guardian then that is 20% damage mitigation which almost any player would use. Even 1/10 is 10% damage mitigation, plus the sustain.

I would contest this nomination. The carry-bot 9000 earned it's nick name for a reason.
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭

does the same Dwemer pick a random resource to restore every tick, or is it decided when it's spawned?
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't use this anymore since I mainly play in Raven and proc sets don't work there anymore. But back when they did, I loved using Maw of the Infernal on my stamblade sniper. I called the Daedroth Steve, he was a good friend to have. There were a lot better options for damage and ganking potential, but a lot of times Steve seemed to throw players off since it was a set pretty much no other sniper used.

I used it for a long time just because, still run it in easier content in PvE because I just like it.
    Edited by Bucky_13 on April 26, 2024 10:36AM
    Options
  • Heals_With_Orbs
    Heals_With_Orbs
    ✭✭✭
    Mad Tinkerer

This spawns a fabricant that rolls up like a hedgehog and spins towards the enemy.

It looks a bit like a screamer from that 1995 Movie.

The set itself needs a rework and it needs a sat nav firmware update, but if timed right throws ballgroup players into the air, very good when they are on keep walls.

Its the closest thing to 10 pin bowling on ESO, and throw volcanic rune on the ground for extra fun
    Options
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm liking Nibenay Bay Battlereeve. I recently switched to it and people said it was no good, but when I'm getting knocked around like a pinball it's saving me a lot from people's VD explosions. Also, it's pretty when it procs.
    Edited by Soraka on April 26, 2024 11:27AM
    Options
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »

that is not just for PVP. NMG is handy on one bar Oakensoul Archive builds, as each end every frontbar slot is so valuable.
    PC EU
    Options
  • soelslaev
    soelslaev
    ✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    I'm liking Nibenay Bay Battlereeve. I recently switched to it and people said it was no good...

Yeah, I read somewhere someone wrote not to wasted your monster helm slots on this this but instead just learn to block better on pull bombs, and I'm like, "Ummm, yeah, blockin ain't saving me like this set does." I friggin LUV this 2 piece set. Popping that necro rez that spits out 3 skellys right after a bomb is such a great group come back, and it's this shield that keeps me alive to do that.
    Options
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    For a time on my medium armor werewolf I enjoyed Morkuldin set as it had a nice AOE cleave effect like a slash, but the latest fix to the sword at the feet bug, caused it to now no longer deal damage on that particular slash, so I deconned it. Ehhh

Mmm here, one of my favorite sets is Savage Werewolf set, it doesn't do anything cool it just gives a tiny bleed per 2 seconds though as an instance of damage it can be decent if trying to create a status effect build

Other dorky sets I love that are also not good but still neat are Way of Air, Sunderflame, and Affliction 💕
    Options
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm here, one of my favorite sets is Savage Werewolf set, it doesn't do anything cool it just gives a tiny bleed per 2 seconds though as an instance of damage it can be decent if trying to create a status effect build

Do you run 2H for the passive that cleaves on light & heavy attacks?
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    Options
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »

Do you run 2H for the passive that cleaves on light & heavy attacks?

no, werewolf does not gain access to weapon passives while in werewolf form

i run 2 handed weapon because i like to have all of my defending trait and the 2 handers themselves have a higher weapon damage value than say like a sword and shield.
    Options
  • Mansquito
    Mansquito
    ✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

does the same Dwemer pick a random resource to restore every tick, or is it decided when it's spawned?

When it is spawned.
    Options
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agility and multiple pieces of Trainee (obviously the 1pc is pretty well-known). These were overlooked for a good long while even after they were reworked but I find they are great if you are already running Markyn Ring of Majesty.

Between agility and Markyn that's like ~675 extra effective damage there when I get the full bonus - which I do because I can wear a 5pc set along with this setup. And on my DK with major and minor Brutality it's closer to 825 effective damage. Really great stuff for a pure stats build.
    Options
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS devs do a good job of keeping sets relevant even though the meta changes every three months. You can find sets worth using from all DLCs that are situationally good for all kinds of builds on different classes.
    Options
  • Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the time when i used Seventh Legion and it was nice
    PC-NA
    Options