Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Its all Stopped working!!!

JimFord047
JimFord047
✭✭✭
  1. create new toon
  2. do all of the starter quests
  3. make the first grimoire
  4. make the second grimoire
  5. leave it for a week
  6. come back in and go to make a grimoire..... Nope, cannot do that, check the lvl 3600 toon is over lvl 36 - ok, make sure i have champion points = LOTS, ok give up on that
  7. Try to Modify the ones I have, NOPE, they are there, I can use them, but I have nothing to do with grimoires, scribing ok, netch ok, gryphon ok , dragon ok, everything there
  8. ok give up on this, I want to learn it, but not allowed
  9. go out into the world, NO MAP, ok find a wayshrine, that will show you a map?????
  10. Found one, cannot fast travel, so no map, no compass, NO HUD Nothing,,,
  11. ITS BROKEN
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you are trying to say the problem you are having is. Can you type it up in a paragraph what you are having an issue with, I'd help if I could.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    perhaps screenshots showcasing the issue could help
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he is going through Scribing. I went through some of it and ran into the same issues as well. Got to one point and there was nothing on the map to indicate where I needed to go to complete a task. I don't remember what it was but I had to google search it to find some answers.

EDIT: I remember now it was to kill 15 Daedra in Vvardenfell. I went to that first tomb with the Dark Elf and there are exactly 15 Daedra in there but on the world map there was no directional marking of any kind.

He may be out of Luminous Ink as well. If you don't have any of that Scribing doesn't work.
    Edited by Dovahkiin02191973 on April 25, 2024 3:57PM
  • JimFord047
    JimFord047
    ✭✭✭
    OK,

First I am told I am too detailed, on a previous post, now not enough....

but follow the bullet points ,

I create a toon, did all of the quests , dragon, gryphon, netch, crow, finished them all off. (got luminous inks foir each quest + the load in the pts Box 200+)

I created a Shield throw grimoire, then a destruction staff grimoire. it was all working ok. I then left it for about a week, came back in and was unable to make any grimoires, but the server was about to be taken down for maintenance.

came back in again, and went to the scholarium went to the table, and had no options to make or modify grimoires (the two i have still work)

decided to leave it, went outside only to find the map does not work (just to make it clear, press M and it should come up), but it does not. I cannot activate the way shrine to even get a map up!!!

tried to open a thieves trove and could not, tried to get runes and could not, tried mining ore and could not. killed a couple of things and could not loot them.

CHECKED ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS, AND I HAVE DONE THEM ALL, level 3600, done the 4 quests, have 200+ luminous inks, in components the "upgrades" scribing etc are all present

I therefore came to the conclusion at the bottom, ITS BROKEN,

Still tried again, and well exact same conclusion, I cannot do anything with Scribing, cannot mine ore, cannot harvest anything, have No Map, cannot fast travel, only kill things (that i cannot loot) and run aimlessly in circles, ITS BROKEN,
  • JimFord047
    JimFord047
    ✭✭✭
    PS the Map DID work inside the Scholarium, that was how i was able to travel to Sweetwater Cascades, and from there back to the wield, but after that No Maps!!!!
  • JimFord047
    JimFord047
    ✭✭✭
    PPS I deleted the MINION PTS Folder, and although the addons are no longer there, it now works again... Result An Addon Broke it!!
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try /reloadui next time you notice UI elements aren't working.

I wouldn't delete your PTS add-on folder, but I would disable add-ons in game, week 1 of the PTS because most of them will be broken until they're fixed.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, when you encounter any UI problem, please disable all the addons and try again if it can be reproduced.

Then, the case you describe is very much like a situation where the scene manager has mistakenly stuck the scene at some incorrect value. If you could type /script d(SCENE_MANAGER:GetCurrentScene().name) in the chatbox and provide the output value it might help the dev team better pinpoint the problem
    Edited by Lykeion on April 25, 2024 8:04PM
  • Dovahkiin02191973
    Dovahkiin02191973
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah addons are going to have to be updated by the author for them to work with Gold Road otherwise all sorts of things are going to happen in game. Most authors update but some do not. A lot of popular mods for Skyrim SE lay in broken state because they have not been updated to be compatible with the latest version of the game.
  • JimFord047
    JimFord047
    ✭✭✭
    The addon's struck my thoughts as it was all working... then as normal I had UPDATED all of the addons before the game, then it stopped working!!!

So I thought that i would start there , deleting the folder was the quickest way to kill off all of the addons , since the system has 4 daily backups done , its going to be easy to put it back.

I have been slowly adding in some of the addons and trying it out with a reload ui, but its still being freaky, so until i track the addons down, its just a plod on