Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

I needed 2 More Confetti for Mount and Maintenance is stripping me of that!

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    onyxorb wrote: »
    Events usually end at 10AM on the 'end date', so it was extended to April 25th, 10AM.
    They also tend to do Maintenance on the last day of an event, so I never take the end date at face value.

Technically , if you get in just after midnight or 1am, or whatever the reset time is nowadays, you can still get those tickets, as long as it's before the 6AM eastern maintenance starts.

The clock rolls over at 6:00 a.m. EDT just as the maintenance starts.

I will point out that this extension was because of a 9 hour downtime for PCNA and those people are getting 44 extra hours of event as a result. It's not 48 but it's really close.

The extra 4 hours here really emphasizes the discrepancy between real life days (where 44 hours may be close enough to 48 to be considered "2 days") and in-game days (where the 4 hours means a difference of 3 tickets and a once-per-reset BoP fragment).
    Options
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in short, Working As Intended™
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
    Options
  • Grec1a
    Grec1a
    ✭✭✭

I will point out that this extension was because of a 9 hour downtime for PCNA and those people are getting 44 extra hours of event as a result. It's not 48 but it's really close.

I would have preferred a one-day extension - or even no extension - if it allowed me to manage my tickets and confetti packs properly. Anything would've been better than this "ZOS giveth and ZOS taketh away" idiocy.
    Edited by Grec1a on April 25, 2024 4:05AM
    It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something...
    Options
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know they only intend to roll back certain accounts, but I don't want to get caught up in the vortex
    Options
  • vesperghost
    vesperghost
    ✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Grec1a wrote: »
    If you stand next to the Impressario and eat your cake at exactly 6 am EDT, you should be able to buy the last confetti pack before you're kicked out. Not sure I'll risk it though, maybe I'll just buy the extra tickets from the Crown Store...

It probably could be worth a try. I remember being kicked after some minutes since a maintenance started when I were clearing a dungeon for a lead.

this! I play late on pacific time and I'll usually just run out the clock farming mats on maintenance nights. I once got upwards of 15 extra minutes after a scheduled maintenance was supposed to start. I've also gotten booted to login at nearly the exact scheduled time once or twice, though.

I'd still second people giving it a try. it goes over the timer by several minutes way more often than not, and if the event was originally intended to run another 4 hours I'm inclined to think the impresario will likely persist as long as the server does.

if you're just a piece or two short, you could give it a shot. if not, there's always waiting for next year instead of giving ZOS money for making... questionable... decisions.
    my what
    Options
  • Saints
    Saints
    ✭✭
    It doesn't upset me that there is maintenance effectively cutting off one day / three potential tickets from the event - That part is annoying.

What upsets me is the typical last minute, poor communication about it so we can't plan around it.

This event is suppose to be a celebration of ten years of amazing experiences. In many ways it serves as an outstanding reminder of all the hurdles us players have to deal with on a far more than regular basis than we probably deserve.
    Options
  • Saints
    Saints
    ✭✭
    if you're just a piece or two short, you could give it a shot. if not, there's always waiting for next year instead of giving ZOS money for making... questionable... decisions.

Has this been confirmed anywhere?
    I'm concerned they may not even offer it next year.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saints wrote: »

They certainly don't offer previous anniversary rewards such as the cakes you missed out on, so there's no reason to believe the new rewards will be offered at any point in the future.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • vesperghost
    vesperghost
    ✭✭✭

I couldn't tell you anything conclusively, as I do not develop or manage this game, but accumulative fragments of event-related items like the confetti have typically been made available through the event reward catch-up bags ("bag of jubilee yesteryear", for the anniversary event) available from the impresario the year after they were first added.

your odds of getting a fragment would be diluted by however many things you were missing from previous jubilees, I suppose, but I would legitimately be surprised if they didn't bring it back this way. but again, I'm not ZOS. and I am unfortunately also not psychic.
    my what
    Options
  • Silverfaerie
    Silverfaerie
    ✭✭✭
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »
    If you stand next to the Impressario and eat your cake at exactly 6 am EDT, you should be able to buy the last confetti pack before you're kicked out. Not sure I'll risk it though, maybe I'll just buy the extra tickets from the Crown Store...

Nope. Even if the server hasn't been taken down yet (sometimes there's a small delay), she'll fade away right at 6am.
    You won't be able to interact.

since... when? unless you mean people get kicked from a server? event doesn't end at 6am. event ends at 10 am est so that's when she would fade away, NOT at 6 am.
    Options
  • vesperghost
    vesperghost
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

They certainly don't offer previous anniversary rewards such as the cakes you missed out on, so there's no reason to believe the new rewards will be offered at any point in the future.

they did bring back all of the previously available style pages, as well as the aurora firepot spider parts. afaik the cakes might actually be the only event rewards that have been only ever made available to people who were there for those specific anniversaries.

that being said, I shouldn't be making promises on other peoples' behalf. that's a fair dig.
    my what
    Options
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭

I couldn't tell you anything conclusively, as I do not develop or manage this game, but accumulative fragments of event-related items like the confetti have typically been made available through the event reward catch-up bags ("bag of jubilee yesteryear", for the anniversary event) available from the impresario the year after they were first added.

your odds of getting a fragment would be diluted by however many things you were missing from previous jubilees, I suppose, but I would legitimately be surprised if they didn't bring it back this way. but again, I'm not ZOS. and I am unfortunately also not psychic.

can we get old cakes?
    Options
  • vesperghost
    vesperghost
    ✭✭✭
    evymyu233 wrote: »

can we get old cakes?

did cakes require fragments?
    my what
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grizzbeorn wrote: »

Nope. Even if the server hasn't been taken down yet (sometimes there's a small delay), she'll fade away right at 6am.
    You won't be able to interact.

since... when? unless you mean people get kicked from a server? event doesn't end at 6am. event ends at 10 am est so that's when she would fade away, NOT at 6 am.

Yeah, that was my bad. Sorry. I was getting normal event's end (10am) confused with server-down time (6am).

I was actually startled awake just a few minutes ago by the realization, and nearly killed myself jumping out of bed
    to come here and fix my mistake, but of course, that never works...
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • SeaGtGruff
      SeaGtGruff
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Another possible solution to players missing out on the jubilee mount might be for the confetti to be available during the next event-- since, after all, this entire year is being considered as the 10th anniversary-- or maybe even made available on Philius Dormier, the Impresario's assistant.
      I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
      Options
    • xclassgaming
      xclassgaming
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      sorry to hear BUT we have been LOCKED OUT FOR A WEEK+

We need to be let in ASAP. The event SHOULD be extended but the maintence SHOULD NOT BE DELAYED.

We -need- to be unlocked and let back in.
      Give us clannfear mounts!
      Options
    • barney2525
      barney2525
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I planned my tickets to get my mount with tomorrow confetti. Now I am forced to buy crowns at full price to get just 3 tickets for the last confetti I need.

But the event will be over after maintenance, won't it? If it is, Impressario will be gone.

:#
      Options
    • Shadow-Fighter
      Shadow-Fighter
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      evymyu233 wrote: »

can we get old cakes?

I wish I could be in a Vaermina's vision to take the old cakes.
      Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
      Options
    • MasterSpatula
      MasterSpatula
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This is just disgraceful. I was angry, but now I'm just disappointed.
      "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
      Options
    • ClowdyAllDay
      ClowdyAllDay
      ✭✭✭✭
      i am of the opinion that either the coders are incompetent or the game is regularly hacked. I have no way of proving either case but i would find it hard to believe that the coders are this bad and get to keep their jobs so i default to the game being hacked. Again, nothing i can prove since i don't have access to their server - not that i would want access as i have no idea what i would even begin to look for, it's just that nothing else seems to make sense.

so they extended the event for two days then effectively peddled it back to end 4 hrs early so they can give their hamsters 8 hrs of rest? I mean ok those hamsters are exhausted from this event as i think we all are.

Time to call it quits and just move on to whatever is next. Put an end to this painful experience. Lets all breathe a sigh of relief.
      Options
    • LalMirchi
      LalMirchi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well, rushing in and logging in this morning to collect tickets on PCNA I ranto a strange problem. I ate cake, got the message that I had had too many tickets (11) so I bought a Bag of Jubilee Yesteryear getting my tickets to 9. Eating the cake on any of of my characters did not give me any tickets so I'm missing 3 tickets atm.

The Glorious Anniversary Jubilee Gift Box did not drop from my turn-ins to Bolgrul or Cardea Gallus either so the inglorious end to this troubled Jubilee event leaves me with an unpleasant feeling. How could Zenimax botch things up so badly?
      Options
    • jcaceresw
      jcaceresw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just got my tickets and gold box just milliseconds to being kicked from the server. I bought the last confetti beforehand just in case something went wrong. At least I recovered the tickets I spent for the last fragment I needed. Now to wait until the end of maintenance to check out if they still in my account.
      Edited by jcaceresw on April 25, 2024 10:05AM
      Options
    • Grec1a
      Grec1a
      ✭✭✭
      Just got my tickets and gold box just milliseconds to being kicked from the server. I bought the last confetti beforehand just in case something went wrong. At least I recovered the tickets I spent for the last fragment I needed. Now to wait until the end of maintenance to check out if they still in my account.

The ones I got just before the last maintenance were still there when it came back up, so fingers crossed!
      It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something...
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Elvenheart wrote: »
      Edited to add: As Uncle Sheo puts it in The Folly of Isolation, it's a tragic comedy, a 'tromedy'.

I think it would be more likely that Sheo would call a tragic comedy a 'tragedy;' that's still a logical way to construct a portmanteau of those two words, but in a Sheogorathic way.
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • Wiseau
        Wiseau
        ✭✭✭
        Everyone who is locked out saying they need to be let back in ASAP. Is 4 extra hours of waiting that big of a deal? 4 hours that we could have been playing has been ripped away from us last minute. That is much worse.

Yes, it sucks that you guys got locked out. Why should the rest of us suffer as well?
        Options
      • GuuMoonRyoung
        GuuMoonRyoung
        ✭✭✭
        Is the mount even good? I need 3 more for some reason, I got one everyday since the event started. I am not going to spend 9 event tickets to get the rest.
        Options
      • Jimbru
        Jimbru
        ✭✭✭✭
        ZOS: "I know! Let's have the Jubilee event, the Thieves Guild event, AND the PTS launch all stacked up and happening all at once! And then after the extension because we borked the PTS launch, let's shut it all down half a day early for maintenance, and screw everyone out of the last day of rewards! To heck with everyone who was counting their confetti responsibly for their Jubilee mounts!"

Seriously, I'm a beta tester, and it's been a while since I've seen anything as badly managed by ZOS as the last few weeks have been. Something needs to change in how ZOS is doing business.
        Options
      • sarahthes
        sarahthes
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Is the mount even good? I need 3 more for some reason, I got one everyday since the event started. I am not going to spend 9 event tickets to get the rest.

They did say in the news article that they published when the event went live that you'd have to buy the last few pieces of confetti and that it would not be possible to get them otherwise.

And the mount is ugly.
        Options
      • Sakiri
        Sakiri
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        The mount: Pretty model, I like the recolor, has texture issues and the confetti effect is annoying.
        Options
      • Danikat
        Danikat
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have preferred a one-day extension - or even no extension - if it allowed me to manage my tickets and confetti packs properly. Anything would've been better than this "ZOS giveth and ZOS taketh away" idiocy.

This is why all the people says "it's simple maths" frustrated me. It's simple if you know all the variables and therefore know how many days you'll be able to log in during the festival. When that keeps changing it makes it impossible to plan and when you need to spend at least 15 event tickets (and can only hold 12) planning ahead is essential.
        PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
        Options