The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Is it true!?

Mrtoobyy
Mrtoobyy
✭✭✭✭
I'm currently on the PTS trying out all new stuff and realized that the mount animation is changed? Is it finally happening, sprinting with the horse finally looks good!
If this is an intended change THANK YOU ZOS!
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sprint animation doesn't appear to be working but the camel and horse look way better.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on April 17, 2024 9:08AM
    PC NA
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whoa! Does anyone have a clip?
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its been a huge complaint since the beginning
    Nice if they actually finally fixed it
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Last time it was on PTS it was much more noticeable. I can hardly tell if it actually changed.
    But here it is, with Gifted Rider and Major Gallop:
    https://youtu.be/1TXaX5WDDos
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't see much of modification.

A horse should look like this when "sprinting" (well, gallopping):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U8ipxSRAUA

The space covered by one cycle is really large, watch how far forward the front legs of the horses go and how far back the hind legs...
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

Last time it was on PTS it was much more noticeable. I can hardly tell if it actually changed.
    But here it is, with Gifted Rider and Major Gallop:
    https://youtu.be/1TXaX5WDDos

Thank you for sharing! It's very, very subtle, but it seems a little less herkyjerky. Hopefully it's not something we're desperately imagining!
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they didn't change the senche's animation, though, because it's perfect as it is.
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the speed of the mount? Did you get speed upgrade 60, CP passive and pvp passive? Mount animation is good as long as mount doesn't run too fast, and becomes ugly after pumping everything for speed.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »
    I hope they didn't change the senche's animation, though, because it's perfect as it is.

I pretty much only ride senche's on my main because the animation feels the smoothest. Not sure the animation I see in that video "feels" right visually, will definitely have to see once it is active.
    Options
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought something looked different. I like it! I might actually use something else than a senche now!
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    What's the speed of the mount? Did you get speed upgrade 60, CP passive and pvp passive? Mount animation is good as long as mount doesn't run too fast, and becomes ugly after pumping everything for speed.

Should be max speed in video, 60 from training and assault passive, both from max char template (didn't check, trusting previous experience), manually slotted CP star.
    Options
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The space covered by one cycle is really large, watch how far forward the front legs of the horses go and how far back the hind legs...

if you try to implement an accurate galloping animation for a horse, it would look not that great from the 3rd person camera at the back. Yeah, animators have it rough, since real life animations are not always completely applicable
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if you try to implement an accurate galloping animation for a horse, it would look not that great from the 3rd person camera at the back. Yeah, animators have it rough, since real life animations are not always completely applicable

Dunno why it should look bad from the 3P perspective cannot exclude it though.

However, as I also see others sprinting with their horses a lot a better sprinting animation would enormously improve the visual experience.

As we have it now they simply took the jogging animation and accelerated it for sprinting. Maybe they have now introduced some smoothing here for the next patch. But it is still just an acceleration of the jogging animation.

I mean, if a horse sprints its mane will fly in the air and not waggle a bit just to fall down in alternation.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of games with a 3rd person view got much better horse models and animation. Games that even include earlier Elder Scrolls games, such as TES IV: Oblivion. Then of course we got games like Red Red Redemption which got amazing horses. And then I mean RDR 1, not just 2.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm with the others, this needs expansion.

1. Bad in what way?
    2. What about contrary examples?

Also, do you have personal experience with this? That one I'm just curious about. :)
    Options
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got a chance to look into this for myself on the PTS today and it really doesn't look much different to me at all.
    I did however notice the sprint bug, much like it was back in the Necrom PTS cycle, where riding on your mount looks like you're sliding on glass or ice because your mount is moving the same basic speed but the world has "sped up" when you hold shift. The bug makes me feel sick when I look at any mount's feet while moving.

Fast Moving Ground + Slow Moving Mount Legs = 🤮

I also checked in on elk and horses and they still have the bugged back left leg that twitches. 🤷‍♀️
    Edited by meekmiko on April 18, 2024 6:58PM
    🌟PC/NA CP2025+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1 & +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vKA/ vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Vashpurri-do the Corrupt / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    Options
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »
    I finally got a chance to look into this for myself on the PTS today and it really doesn't look much different to me at all.
    I did however notice the sprint bug, much like it was back in the Necrom PTS cycle, where riding on your mount looks like you're sliding on glass or ice because your mount is moving the same basic speed but the world has "sped up" when you hold shift. The bug makes me feel sick when I look at any mount's feet while moving.

Fast Moving Ground + Slow Moving Mount Legs = 🤮

I also checked in on elk and horses and they still have the bugged back left leg that twitches. 🤷‍♀️

Why did you have to go and remind me about the leg? 💀 I was finally starting to unsee!
    Options