The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please disable custom skill looks for PvP

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In PvP responding to your opponent appropriately to win a fight is key. Custom skill looks will make it extremely hard to figure how to fight an opponent if skill looks will change drastically similar to recall and harvesting animations.

1. Turn off custom skill looks
2. Or make the visual customizations not too much different than the original skill animation.
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s 2024 every class has the same build on just a copy pasted burst skill I don’t think that’ll matter too much if they’re a different color.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it depends on how much those customizations do

from a lot of what ive heard and read on that topic, to me it sounds like its mostly gonna be coloring and thats it

so the example in the official page on that, would be barbed trap, instead of the white light coming up when you get trapped, it could be an orange light

if its only a coloring, then it wont change anything

its already like that for some of the alternate harvesting animations, like out of the several recall animations, 2-3 of them are literally just re-coloring
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They haven't indicated or insinuated that animations will be changing - just the color. Shouldn't make too much of a difference at all.
    Options
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you should definitely be able to turn these off but it's almost certainly not going to happen.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just a colour change to universal skills, there should be no issue figuring out what is being used.

If they start changing class skill colours, I could see an issue begin to emerge because it accounts for much more consideration in how you tackle encounters rather than.. "oh blue vigor". It should be easy to identify a class instantly. That is where I draw the line.

I want class pet reskins, which they hinted at could be in the future, at that point, I'd say they should be disabled in PVP because it's a completely different model AND it's a class skill.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭
    I LIKE THAT CHANGES JESUSSSSSSSS
    Options