The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fatal Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
so My game crashed and i got this error "Fatal Error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED"

windows 11
RTX 3060 TI
32 gb ram
Amd Ryzen 5 7600x cpu
direct x 12
Nvidia drivers 551.61

i just used DDU (display driver uninstaller) to do a clean wipe of display drivers and installed a fresh driver to see if this fixes it.

but when i open dxdiag and go to display, it says this in a box on the bottom

There is a problem with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 31'

I can't figure out whats wrong

and this is what shows up in my device manager eeezqOu.png

removal and re installation of graphic drivers might have fixed it, went through 3 dungeons without the error
Edited by Nocturne Saint on March 5, 2024 6:36AM
  • Zonk88
    Zonk88
    ✭✭
    Download your Nvidia Driver Suite (whatever this is called nowadays ^^) + AMD Chipset driver suiting your MB

Via DDU remove everything related to Nvidia and AMD (without a backup youll loose all your settings from nvidia), beforehand make sure WindowsUpdate does not download any driver, to use them, for you. **
    Also make sure to install both Nvidia Driver and AMD Chipset via Adminrights (just to make sure...)

**Its possible to do so just via clicking through tens of options in the settings... just google it or follow
    • Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
    • Type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Browse the following path:
    • Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Manage updates offered from Windows Update
    • On the right side, double-click the Do not include drivers with Windows Update policy.
    • Select the Enabled option.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

All this will make sure your GPU (NVidia) and your iGPU (AMD CPu integrated Graphics) are installed properly.
    You could also consider to fully deactivate the iGPU via UEFI, but youll loose the ability to use it ^^ (FYI: Monitor has to be plugged in into the GPU not into the Mainboard!)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Nocturne%20Saint

Thank you for listing the steps you've taken and error messages you've received so far. For the error 'graphics device driver error code 31' it is suggested to reinstall the graphics driver which you have done. Since you've not had any crashes after doing so, it may have resolved this crash issue. Please keep us updated on whether you run into any further game crashes.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on March 5, 2024 5:44PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am seeing a similar problem after installing the latest Radeon driver. I used to have an NVidia card which I swapped for my current AMD Radeon TX 7900 XTX.

I see far too frequent crashes lately (once a day or so).

Not sure what I could add here, but I did try uninstalling everything with Nvidea in the name yesterday, but I still crashed today.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    @FlopsyPrince

If this error persists after installing the latest driver, please contact our support team so they can take a closer look.
    Staff Post
  • Zonk88
    Zonk88
    ✭✭
    I used to have an NVidia card which I swapped for my current AMD Radeon TX 7900 XTX.

Make sure to do a cleaninstall before/after GPU Brand swap.

Use "DDU" Display Driver Uninstaller - see my above Post.
    Edited by Zonk88 on March 20, 2024 10:00PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was using a different card maker, so it was all new.

I did just update the Radeon software/driver and I will see how that goes.
    @FlopsyPrince

If this error persists after installing the latest driver, please contact our support team so they can take a closer look.

I will try to do that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FlopsyPrince

Once you've started a ticket, you can share the ticket number here if you need any updates.
    Staff Post
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will do that. No problems since, but I haven't played that much since the update, at least not on PC.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FlopsyPrince

Thanks!

Please keep us updated and let us know if you run into any other issues.
    Staff Post