The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What are you doing with pvp?..

TDVM
TDVM
✭✭✭
Who else's pvp abilities have started to work poorly and need to be pressed several times so that they work normally?
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've only had this issue with certain abilities. Mainly shadow image.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭✭
    The quality of performance in Cyrodiil has been declining since the new servers were installed. They've done nothing except radically lower the population cap over time and half the group size, and still performance is very not good.

• Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've noticed this lately too, something in the recent update maybe?
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand, what's the problem here?
    It has always been that way.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »
    I don't understand, what's the problem here?
    It has always been that way.

its gotten worse this patch, last patch it was there but not crazy often (at least for me), but this patch has been a much more common occurrence.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 1 after the new servers were installed was the best the PvP servers had been since the game released. It has been getting progressively worse over time, so I suspect that they are increasing loading on these servers somehow which causes the problems in PvP.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 1 after the new servers were installed was the best the PvP servers had been since the game released. It has been getting progressively worse over time, so I suspect that they are increasing loading on these servers somehow which causes the problems in PvP.

Probably testing the new MMO they are developing.
    Considering number of players has dwindled there is no other explanation on increased server stress.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a known input issue that is being investigated for controllers. If you are on mouse and keyboard, it likely isn't related, but all controller users have been reporting delayed input times since the patch.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/654226/anyone-else-notice-a-change-to-holding-down-buttons-in-gamepad-mode/p1
    Edited by TybaltKaine on March 15, 2024 1:27PM
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same...however my experience has also been in a solo Vatreshans FWIW....seems like more than just PvP.
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather there wasn't even a controller option. Put everyone on the same playing field and only offer a keyboard/mouse option would be best IMO.

And don't even get me started on how much the PC game has suffered due to supporting game boxes. :s

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if ZOS has robbed more server resources from Cyrodiil either. That's what they've been doing for over 5 years now. That's why the pop cap is so low and getting reduced further regularly and group size was cut in half. It's a very sorry state of affairs how badly ZOS treats the PvP community.

Edited by CrazyKitty on March 15, 2024 3:09PM
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    I'd rather there wasn't even a controller option. Put everyone on the same playing field and only offer a keyboard/mouse option would be best IMO.

No. I want to play while lying on my divan in front of tv and a table of coffee and beer. I dont even sit unless in combat.

Keyboard mouse monitor is for work!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Same...however my experience has also been in a solo Vatreshans FWIW....seems like more than just PvP.

This has been a constant problem since Vateshran came out. Let me guess, your heals will not fire unless you mash the button 2-3 times. And when you get to the minotaur, your skills almost disappear altogether.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen a few issues on PC and personally I feel like it's targeted abilities being impacted by position desync. I also feel like I've seen some health desyncs at times. Hard to determine for sure as there is a possibility my eyes are just not seeing things, although I've been making extra effort to make sure I'm paying attention.

Whatever it is, I know it was bas enough I tested another mouse in game and both outside of game and they both worked outside of game, and back bar same button was fine, but not fine front bar
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on March 15, 2024 7:58PM
  • TDVM
    TDVM
    ✭✭✭
    And the worst thing is that it will not be fixed, a week has passed and the ability management is very disgusting and does not want to work, which causes discomfort and discourages the desire to play this game
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i stopped playing

quality control in this game is depressing
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    that's just being pessimistic.

There are tons of PvP problems with every MMOs I checked.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not Call of Duty or Halo
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    TDVM wrote: »
    Who else's pvp abilities have started to work poorly and need to be pressed several times so that they work normally?

probably everyone using a ps4 controller on pc who is using ds4windows? since they added support for ds4 natively in the game if you use ds4windows it will cause all kinds of hiccups.
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the official term for what ZOS is letting happen to Cyrodiil is entropy.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyre providing a reverse incentive
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed this as well as sometimes being immobilized / locked in place while a skill is going off. For example sometimes I cast Concealed Weapon and my character can't move until after the animation is done.