Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

Grave Lord's Sacrifice still doesn't buff ALL class abilities as stated.

CameraBeardThePirate
CameraBeardThePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Title. Thought it may have been fixed in the last week of notes since it was reported fairly early on (wishful thinking I guess), but Sacrifice still isn't buffing Graverobber nor the Blastbones summoned by the Animate ultimate, despite supposedly buffing "all class abilities".

Why are you pushing such a clearly unfinished ability to live instead of giving it the time needed to cook? You even admit in the notes that the ability isn't where you want it to be.
Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on February 27, 2024 4:06PM
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Is there any reason a bug like this wasn't addressed? The skill was updated to buff all class abilities (although technically should have buffed both of these already, as they are both technically Grave Lord abilities). This was reported quite early on - week 1 or 2 - and then again after the change to buff "all" abilities.

Not fixing this bug is a pretty big deal - you're already sacrificing much of your burst damage by running GLS in the first place, so not adding to two of the only burst skills left in the kit severely hinders the morph.
    Options
  • Kalle_Demos
    Kalle_Demos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...,on top of failing to accomplish the stated goals of this change, making Necro rotations worse, further restricting bar space with buffs, disrupting the corpse mechanic and an overall damage nerf in PVE and PVP when the Class is struggling in both...the new ability that replaces one that was nearly universally used and well liked, and is only available in combat now because that's just soooo much fun.......doesn't even work properly as we approach live release...

Yeah, this will for sure go over well with your customers that payed to access the Necro Class, Zos. Good luck selling the new Chapter btw. This patch day is going to be one to watch.

200.gif
    Edited by Kalle_Demos on February 27, 2024 8:59PM

"If I am to be Queen, I must look fear in the face and conquer it. How can I ask my people to have faith in me if I don't have faith in myself?" - Queen Ayrenn
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

It'd be great to receive some communication on whether or not this ability is going to hit live in a bugged state.
    Options
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

I reported this early on as well, the new grave lord's sacrifice morph does not buff the graverobber synergy or animate blastbones damage, I tested both on the pts.

Also, in the last pts notes it was stated that this ability is not where the devs want it to be, can you give any insight on what the goals are for this new morph to be in that spot?
    Options
  • soulus42
    soulus42
    Title. Thought it may have been fixed in the last week of notes since it was reported fairly early on (wishful thinking I guess), but Sacrifice still isn't buffing Graverobber nor the Blastbones summoned by the Animate ultimate, despite supposedly buffing "all class abilities".

Why are you pushing such a clearly unfinished ability to live instead of giving it the time needed to cook? You even admit in the notes that the ability isn't where you want it to be.

If I'm to guess, it's probably because of how those skills work. Animate Blastbones doesn't provide damage values for the Blastbones in the tooltip so I'm assuming those are static and considered separate from the Blastbones skill, while Grave Robber isn't considered a class skill but a synergy. I can see how they would slip through the cracks, especially Grave Robber given it's only the Avid morph that lets you activate the synergy.
    Options
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point they should either delete the class or rework it. What a hot mess.
    Options
  • JerBearESO
    JerBearESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it buff the bash from pummeling golliath? Need to check that too
    Options
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JerBearESO wrote: »

Yes it does
    Options
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it does

Welp I guess we may as well all swap to bashcro builds then
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    soulus42 wrote: »

If I'm to guess, it's probably because of how those skills work. Animate Blastbones doesn't provide damage values for the Blastbones in the tooltip so I'm assuming those are static and considered separate from the Blastbones skill, while Grave Robber isn't considered a class skill but a synergy. I can see how they would slip through the cracks, especially Grave Robber given it's only the Avid morph that lets you activate the synergy.

The blastbones summoned by Animate are not static - they are identical to a regular blastbones whose target dies before it leaps - they have the exact same damage, inherit the same buffs/debuffs, and pick a target at random within range. Buffs to your resto staff abilities still affect the abilities that are auto-cast by resto ult, and Animate shouldn't be any different.

And even if Graverobber isn't buffed because it's a synergy - it still should be buffed by Sacrifice. There's no reason for it not to be, as it's one of the only sources of burst left in the class kit. Buffing it by 15% doesn't even get it close to its pre-nerf values either.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on February 29, 2024 2:14PM
    Options
  • DanteTheDeviant
    DanteTheDeviant
    ✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

Yes it does

Welp I guess we may as well all swap to bashcro builds then

Unironically the only build for the class that's viable in PvP
    Options
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *laughs spitefully*
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Please let us know if this bug has been identified by the dev team. It was reported multiple times throughout the PTS, so seeing it make it to live would be very disappointing.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Still awaiting any sort of communication on this bug. Sacrifice is one of the biggest changes of the patch, and having it hit live in a bugged state without any sort of acknowledgement from the devs will feel rather crummy.
    Options
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Still awaiting any sort of communication on this bug. Sacrifice is one of the biggest changes of the patch, and having it hit live in a bugged state without any sort of acknowledgement from the devs will feel rather crummy.

They will release it broken just like the necromancer set from Infinite Archive, enjoy your paid class :mrgreen:
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Getting closer and closer to live with still no word on if the devs are even aware of this bug. Please communicate here. Sacrifice is the first major change Necros have received in a long time and I'd rather know if it's going to be bugged on live so I can plan builds accordingly.
    Options
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Getting closer and closer to live with still no word on if the devs are even aware of this bug. Please communicate here. Sacrifice is the first major change Necros have received in a long time and I'd rather know if it's going to be bugged on live so I can plan builds accordingly.

This has been seen and sent to the devs, but I cannot comment on whether or not it's intended, if it's bugged, or if it will be changed before the patch next week. Thanks for your contribution!

Wow.... *huff* *puff* Writing that almost killed me! Like I could feel my heart palpitate as I was writing those words and literally feared for my safety and well being. No wonder ZOS doesn't write paragraphs like that!

For real though... What a simple thing to write.
    Options
  • soulus42
    soulus42
    Aldoss wrote: »
    This has been seen and sent to the devs, but I cannot comment on whether or not it's intended, if it's bugged, or if it will be changed before the patch next week. Thanks for your contribution!

Animate Blastbones is likely to be a bug, Grave Robber is technically a synergy rather than a class skill and, outside of running Avid Boneyard, you're not going to be using the synergy yourself.

Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Animate Blastbones is likely to be a bug, Grave Robber is technically a synergy rather than a class skill and, outside of running Avid Boneyard, you're not going to be using the synergy yourself.

The problem is the self synergy was made more or less worthless after the sledgehammer nerf it took last year. The Sacrifice buff should, in theory, make it worth slotting again. There's no reason for it to not buff the self synergy - it's an "ability" in the class kit to be used as any other.
    Options
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is the self synergy was made more or less worthless after the sledgehammer nerf it took last year. The Sacrifice buff should, in theory, make it worth slotting again. There's no reason for it to not buff the self synergy - it's an "ability" in the class kit to be used as any other.

Take your logic and go! Shoo!
    Options
  • soulus42
    soulus42

While the synergy is from a class skill, it's still defined as separate by being a synergy rather than a class skill. It's a technicality and it is pretty dumb but it makes sense why it's not buffing the synergy itself. It'd be nice for it to buff the synergy, hopefully they can get that to work without it also accidentally buffing any synergy you use.

Options
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'd rather they just roll back all the changes and give the buff to the skeletal archer/mage. Maybe there's a niche case for builds with those skills, but it's not like GLS will make Boneyard builds viable after the Harmony nerf. Animate Blastbones has always had consistency issues and will still do less damage with Blighted than it does with Stalking.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Still waiting on acknowledgement of this bug. Would really like to know if Grave Lord's Sacrifice will actually buff all my class abilities on live.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

I'm sorry but I'm not going to stop asking for any sort of acknowledgement on this. Necro is receiving a massive change (nerf in most instances), and the new skill isn't even functioning as intended/described. We at least deserve to know if the dev team is aware of that.
    Options
  • Aldoss
    Aldoss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avid graveyard? Fine. I'll accept whatever roundabout logic they can muster to justify not giving us that.

Animate Blastbones? Nope. Won't accept that. We took a 5% nerf to have ALL NECRO ABILITIES buffed. Animate blastbones is our ability. No excuse for it being left out besides the obvious.
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Less than a week out from the patch and still no word if the dev team is aware that Grave Lord's Sacrifice isn't buffing all necro abilities.
    Options
  • Meredy
    Meredy
    ✭✭✭
    Please just revert the Necro changes for the love of god lol
    Options
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meredy wrote: »
    Please just revert the Necro changes for the love of god lol

I've talked with necro players in-game and none of them want/like this change to blastbones
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have no clue what they are doing with Necromancer class anymore, or maybe they never had one to begin with.

You can see other classes have a clear vision/direction. Only vision of Necromancer is it on fire and only direction is off a cliff.
    Options