The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO doesn´t save or create User Settings, doesn´t create "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in Documents

Dicun
Dicun
Soul Shriven
Hi!

I have a problem with loading and playing ESO. I bought and installed it via STEAM and had no troubles playing it on the EU Server for quite some time.

Out of the blue the game didn´t seem to save/recognize my user settings. It started with me having to confirm the terms and conditions each time when I logged in and the game not loading the addons I had installed.
What I did, trying to solve the problem up to now:
- enable writing rights on the UserSettings.txt to allow ESO to save new settings > didn´t work
- delete all addons and tried to launch withouth them > didn´t work
- uninstalled ESO and reinstalled it three times (twice installement via STEAM, once via ESO launcher > didn´t work
- make use of the repair function multiple times > didn´t work
- delete the folder "Elder Scrolls Online" in the documents, hoping the repair function or a reinstallment would fix the problem > folder gone for good and isn´t recreated by ESO installement or repair function
- recreating this folder in documents on my own with the path: Elder Scrolls Online/liveeu/AddOns (UserSettings.txt asf are missing, because I didn´t save a copy -.-) > didn´t work
- created a new character and changed its settings, hoping this would force the creation of a UserSettings.txt document > didn´t work
- made a screenshot ingame to find out where ESO saves it, in order to find the ELDER SCROLLS folder in case it was created somewhere else than documents > couldn´t locate the screenshot
- obviously used the Windows search funtion several times to find "UserSettings.txt" and the "Elder Scrolls" folder multiple times > nothing to be found
- send a ticket to the german support team, receiving a standardized answer: "We can´t help you - try the english forums - maybe the devs will see your post - glhf"
- spend hours searching the net and the forums (english as well as german) to find a solution > some had the same problem, no final solution was given

So here I am. After having to accept the terms and conditions each time I log in I could theoretically play ESO. But whatever I do, it won´t load the addons or settings. I didn´t like the fact I had to do this, but for now I canceled my subscription for ESO as I feel don´t get my moneys worth. (Especially considering the let-down-of-an-answer by the german "support" team.

I´d be thankfull if I could get some information on how to finally solve the problem. Thanks!