The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

do you get DLC with purchase?

HyperBeam
HyperBeam
✭✭
I want to purchase the upcoming Gold Road chapter. I was curious if besides the prior chapters that it does say is included. Do you also get the all the DLCs that were also released? I am going to imagine you do not get the DLC you just get the base game so they can continue to make money off people purchasing the content.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 7, 2024 6:12PM
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    Not DLCs, but I do believe the prior chapters.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's 2 types of purchase for each new chapter, usually:
    - the upgrade, which is the base game + the new chapter, but NOT the chapters in-between those
    - the collection, which is the base game and ALL chapters up to and including the new chapter

In addition to this, each of the above 2 has a 'deluxe' edition, which is the same as above, but with a few extra collectibles thrown in. Also, in response to redlink1979's reply below, none of these purchase options include the dungeon/specialty DLCs (sorry, i should have mentioned that when I first wrote this post).
    Edited by vsrs_au on January 20, 2024 12:01PM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you buy the Gold Road Collection you only get the previous chapters. To play DLC content, such as dungeons and smaller zones not considered chapters, you need to have ESO+ or you need buy those DLC in the crown store .
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • HyperBeam
    HyperBeam
    ✭✭
    Ok, that is what I thought. Thanks for the info
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you everyone for providing assistance to the OP. This thread will now be closed since the OP's question has been answered. For anyone else needing information regarding Gold Road please see our FAQ below.

What editions are available for The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Road?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.