Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

[REQUEST] Stacked master writs quests

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I know that we have a constraint that allows having active only one master writ quest per crafting type.

I suggest following modification in order to ease up a bit on the work flow specifically for those who collect master writs and then work them in a row:
1. Open one master writ. At this moment no second master writ of the same crafting type can be opened.
2. Craft the item and store it in your inventory.
3. Now that is the moment you can open a second master writ of the same crafting type. Craft the item and store it in your inventory.
4. Step 3 should be possible to be repeated as many master writs you have for that specific crafting type.
5. Bring it to the master writ vendor and hand in all the crafted items and get the sum of the rewards for all the writs completed.

This is now, from my point of view, the next logical step from the master crafting stations.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 2, 2024 4:32AM
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe once crafted you can right-click the item(s) and choose 'assign to writ' and the item and writ combine to make a new bound item? This deletes the writ, and the quest is completed when the new item is turned in.
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's crafting related.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I generally knock out Master Writs in batches of 75-100. If possible I try to have the same number of each, so that I end up with 25 Blacksmithing, 25 Clothier, 25 Jewelry, and 25 Woodworking (as an example). Then I start at the top of the list and pre-craft each item one at a time. Once I've completed pre-crafting Blacksmithing, I upgrade all of them and then move on to Clothier, etc. I've done so many at this point that I rarely ever craft the wrong item, and then it's just a matter of accepting 4 Master Writs and then turning them in, and then rinse and repeat until they're all turned in. If a mistake is made, it's a simple matter of fixing that item and then continuing. Is it ideal? Not really, but it works. I'm afraid of what we would get if they overhauled the entire system now.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I proceed like this too. But it still does not address my point as one has to consider that some upgrade materials in your pockets may be scarcer or even absent than others.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I proceed like this too. But it still does not address my point as one has to consider that some upgrade materials in your pockets may be scarcer or even absent than others.

This seems to be a completely separate issue and not one that ZOS needs to deal with.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

This seems to be a completely separate issue and not one that ZOS needs to deal with.

Can you elaborate a bit on why you think like this? Because I disagree here.
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Your original post had nothing to do with the point that you brought up in your response regarding materials, scarce or otherwise. You requested the ability to accept and complete multiple Master Writs. Whether you have the required materials is a completely separate matter and one that ZOS should not really have to make any additional changes to ensure that you have said materials.
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just gives us an assistant; we can only turn the master writs in our homes, we can add. Before anyone asks no, make it so we cannot turn in daily writs, just master writs. This would be a great help to console players who don't have access to add-ons, and I am sure for PC players as well.

Stay safe :)
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your original post had nothing to do with the point that you brought up in your response regarding materials, scarce or otherwise. You requested the ability to accept and complete multiple Master Writs. Whether you have the required materials is a completely separate matter and one that ZOS should not really have to make any additional changes to ensure that you have said materials.

Ok, I see your point. Maybe I was a bit short myself on the elaboration of my argument here.

The thing is: I am currently low on a specific ressource that prevents me from doing master writs of a specific craft. I however have still good stock for other crafts and hence would like to do several master writs of this specific craft in a row. Hence where my suggestion comes in. I hope it makes the connection to my original post clearer.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Just gives us an assistant; we can only turn the master writs in our homes, we can add. Before anyone asks no, make it so we cannot turn in daily writs, just master writs. This would be a great help to console players who don't have access to add-ons, and I am sure for PC players as well.

Actually that is quite a good suggestion. Provide an emissionary for Hlaalu guy that you can place in your house that gives you the vouchers for fullfulled master writs. With these vouchers you can go to your capital and buy stuff there.
    Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the writworthy add-on though, you can just type /writworthy, check all the boxes of all the master writs you want to pre-make (ensure you have them in your inventory) and then let the add-on pre-craft all your writs at the respective grandmaster crafting stations in advance. It isn't then much work to just stand next to Rolis Hlaalu, open your inventory at the writs menu and just accept each master writ in turn and instantly hand it in.

You literally just need to go into each station and it will do everything else for you, (provided you have the materials, inventory space etc.). Then just got to Deshan and hand them all in, albeit one by one, but that is hardly any effort I don't think.

Or maybe I am missing the point of the post hehe?
    Edited by Shara_Wynn on February 6, 2024 1:12PM
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally knock out Master Writs in batches of 75-100. If possible I try to have the same number of each, so that I end up with 25 Blacksmithing, 25 Clothier, 25 Jewelry, and 25 Woodworking (as an example). Then I start at the top of the list and pre-craft each item one at a time. Once I've completed pre-crafting Blacksmithing, I upgrade all of them and then move on to Clothier, etc. I've done so many at this point that I rarely ever craft the wrong item, and then it's just a matter of accepting 4 Master Writs and then turning them in, and then rinse and repeat until they're all turned in. If a mistake is made, it's a simple matter of fixing that item and then continuing. Is it ideal? Not really, but it works. I'm afraid of what we would get if they overhauled the entire system now.

i try to do something similar to this, but i use an addon (writworthy) and the guild hall master craft tables to speed up the process

usual problem i run into is needing enough mats to bulk craft certain writs lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, I see your point. Maybe I was a bit short myself on the elaboration of my argument here.

The thing is: I am currently low on a specific ressource that prevents me from doing master writs of a specific craft. I however have still good stock for other crafts and hence would like to do several master writs of this specific craft in a row. Hence where my suggestion comes in. I hope it makes the connection to my original post clearer.

One of the things that I do to make large batches of Master Writs easier to manage is utilize an alt account for mailing purposes. I mail all of my Master Writs to an alt account and then send them back to myself in batches of 6, with each batch being all blacksmithing, clothier, etc. For jewelry I send batches in blue or purple, and in certain traits. As an example, I might do a complete batch of purple jewelry in Triune. You can do the same thing for your purposes. Send out what you don't have the mats for and let them sit in an alt mail until you get the mats and then send them back and complete them. If they won't make the changes, then we just need to find our own workarounds.
    i try to do something similar to this, but i use an addon (writworthy) and the guild hall master craft tables to speed up the process

*cries in console peasant*

I would love to have an add-on to help with my crafting, but I guess I'll just keep grinding it out the hard way! I'm not too stressed on mats because I've made it a habit of deconstructing EVERYTHING so my craftbag is always chock full of goodies. I also troll the traders regularly and snap up materials if I see good deals.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to have an add-on to help with my crafting, but I guess I'll just keep grinding it out the hard way! I'm not too stressed on mats because I've made it a habit of deconstructing EVERYTHING so my craftbag is always chock full of goodies. I also troll the traders regularly and snap up materials if I see good deals.

yeah it would be nice if there was an easier way for everyone

the only mats i am usually short on are gold tempers or jewelry traits for the ones that dont regularly drop

a couple weeks ago i finished a batch of old blue jewelry writs and to do so i needed to buy 40 dawn prism (for triune trait, that cost 25k AP each)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yeah it would be nice if there was an easier way for everyone

the only mats i am usually short on are gold tempers or jewelry traits for the ones that dont regularly drop

a couple weeks ago i finished a batch of old blue jewelry writs and to do so i needed to buy 40 dawn prism (for triune trait, that cost 25k AP each)

I trolled the traders before the update and bought gobs of jewelry crafting materials in anticipation of actually doing jewelry writs.

Options
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    I know that we have a constraint that allows having active only one master writ quest per crafting type.

I suggest following modification in order to ease up a bit on the work flow specifically for those who collect master writs and then work them in a row:
    1. Open one master writ. At this moment no second master writ of the same crafting type can be opened.
    3. Now that is the moment you can open a second master writ of the same crafting type. Craft the item and store it in your inventory.
    4. Step 3 should be possible to be repeated as many master writs you have for that specific crafting type.
    5. Bring it to the master writ vendor and hand in all the crafted items and get the sum of the rewards for all the writs completed.

This is now, from my point of view, the next logical step from the master crafting stations.

Or just run the Writ Worthy addon, which lets you bulk craft master writs in advance and then just accept and hand them in one at a time at good ole Rolis.
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or just run the Writ Worthy addon, which lets you bulk craft master writs in advance and then just accept and hand them in one at a time at good ole Rolis.

There is no add-on support for console players. A game solution is needed.

Options