The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[IDEA] Mythical item to make a "Hard Mode" for Quests

Frooke
Frooke
✭✭✭
I haven't had fun with quests since 2016, before One Tamriel. I even tried creating a build, but I feel like it takes a lot of work to change my character every time I want to do missions, and I'd like to get something extra for challenging myself. So I was thinking about a item that could make questing fun again for VETERAN players.

I'll show you some build numbers I've been using to try to bring some challenge to the missions, I've created some videos that show this is a very good balance for something considered 'Hard' in quests, giving the same feeling as playing the game before 2016. This means you can die for quest/delve bosses, and to die if you face more than 3 mobs.

Delve Boss reference: Quest Boss reference: Quest Boss complete fight with build:
The Mythical will give:

350 Magicka Recovery
350 Stamina Recovery

Disable all other item set bonuses, your armor is capped to 0 (zero), your penetration is capped to 0 (zero), you take 15% more damage, your weapon/spell damage is capped to 1000, your Max Health is capped to 16000, your Mage Champion points are disabled, and you are unable to critical.

Your gain 50% more Experience and Gold from kills, and increases the quality of items you loot from creatures. You loose those effects if you join a group.

I also tested this combination with other classes, and they were all a lot of fun to play.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 2, 2024 4:49AM
  • Bayushi
    Bayushi
    ✭✭
    It's a great idea!
    Let's relive the challenge era! The era of excitement! The time when you need to think before entering combat.
    Thank you very much for your idea!

[]s Bayushi
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like this idea!!
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be more interesting than the Aelyid King one on the PTS now imo
    Options
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, this is one of the most genius ideas I've ever seen on this forum. Honestly, in an easy and extremely intelligent way, you solved one of the biggest complaints about ESO overland: the difficulty of the quests.

If Zenimax doesn't create something like this, they will be missing out. Because they won't even need to create a new system for something like this, they'll just need to add this mythic.

In fact, maybe something like: "Monsters killed with other players do not grant any of these advantages", to prevent farms in craglorn and things like that.

Genius, okay? Just genious.
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about modifying difficulty of quests.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great idea
    Options
  • RoseTheSnowElf
    RoseTheSnowElf
    ✭✭✭
    That really is a good idea.

I've deliberately light attacked quest bosses to let them run through their dialog before I killed them just to try to get the most out of the quest.

And it would be a better QoL situation just having to throw on a ring or something before you quest than to have to deliberately build like this, save it in an armory slot and carry around equipment just to quest when someone's in the mood to quest that day.
    PS5 NA EP GH

Wood Elf NB - 5 Star

Dark Elf Arcanist (healer) - AR 37
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand how any of these suggestions will work in a public instance. As soon as another player comes along, not wearing the mythic, it will make the content casual again. Do you still get extra XP and rewards? Do you just hang out at popular world bosses that get burned quickly, get bonus XP and rewards despite it not being an even remotely difficult fight with a bunch of non-mythic players around?

It is like having a group of 12 in a Trial and the tanks and healers are on normal and everyone else on veteran. That does not make sense. Is it even veteran when the support can just ignore all the mechanics? Should everyone else get perfected gold gear even though the support could pretty much never die?

For this mythic suggestion, everyone will bring a non-grouped buddy with a taunt, then the person with the mythic will dummy parse the enemy while other player taunts. And occasionally switch up who is wearing mythic and who is taunting. Everyone gets more XP, more gold, and better loot. But content was trivial.

Do you lose effect of mythic if anyone is around, even if not grouped? That will lead to trolling. But if you keep effect if non-grouped players are around, it will be exploited for extra XP and rewards.
    Options
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I still don't understand how any of these suggestions will work in a public instance. As soon as another player comes along, not wearing the mythic, it will make the content casual again. Do you still get extra XP and rewards? Do you just hang out at popular world bosses that get burned quickly, get bonus XP and rewards despite it not being an even remotely difficult fight with a bunch of non-mythic players around?

It is like having a group of 12 in a Trial and the tanks and healers are on normal and everyone else on veteran. That does not make sense. Is it even veteran when the support can just ignore all the mechanics? Should everyone else get perfected gold gear even though the support could pretty much never die?

For this mythic suggestion, everyone will bring a non-grouped buddy with a taunt, then the person with the mythic will dummy parse the enemy while other player taunts. And occasionally switch up who is wearing mythic and who is taunting. Everyone gets more XP, more gold, and better loot. But content was trivial.

Do you lose effect of mythic if anyone is around, even if not grouped? That will lead to trolling. But if you keep effect if non-grouped players are around, it will be exploited for extra XP and rewards.

like i said before -> maybe something like: "Monsters killed with other players do not grant any of these advantages", to prevent farms in craglorn and things like that.
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
    Options
  • Frooke
    Frooke
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

I tested this scenario, and it's a little annoying when you're trying to have a challenge in a delve, and another player arrives and clears everything with ease. But it's understandable, and it's still fun. I thought about the rule of not being able to be in a group to avoid abusive farms, but in other scenarios, such as world bosses, they are not problems, your character is practically useless against them, you are unable to cause damage and die with any single hit. I believe that the loot part could be a little complicated, and this could be discussed a little better. Take a look at the videos, the character is useless for any situation other than Delves and Quests, it would not be at all viable to use this in content like Trial.
    Options
  • Frooke
    Frooke
    ✭✭✭
    The same boss fight of 2nd video with a DK

https://youtu.be/f3bTkdwk2lk
    Options
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be awesome! Experience questing and delves, contents that have been trivialized through out the years, with a dip of challenge, would make me wanna replay some areas of the game.

We have Oakensoul Ring, that made viable the one bar playstyle. A mythic is a great idea to finally make possible playing overland and delve quests, in a fun and challenging way.
    [PC-NA] CP 1400+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Alvyrspic the Remnant, Nord, Arcanist [DC]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Arcanist [AD]
    Options
  • fecinom
    fecinom
    Soul Shriven
    Recently playing Baldur's Gate on the hard mode really brought back memories of how engaging certain activities can be in the face of a challenging difficulty where you need to stop and think about how you will overcome the problem. Nowadays, I can't enjoy doing quests, perhaps difficulty is the main reason, really.
    Options