The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Cryptic of hearts dungeon.

wilykcat
wilykcat
✭✭✭✭✭
I queue for random dungeon I always get the same exact dungeon (crypt of hearts 1) each time. I think it's a bug but I'm not sure. Been noticing this since last week.

When will random dungeon finder queue results be completely random dungeons again?
Edited by wilykcat on January 7, 2024 2:58AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible that a lot of players are queuing for that specific dungeon to farm something from it-- gear or leads-- and that the random dungeon queue is putting you in that dungeon to help fill their groups.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wilykcat wrote: »
    I queue for random dungeon I always get the same exact dungeon (crypt of hearts 1) each time. I think it's a bug but I'm not sure. Been noticing this since last week.

When will random dungeon finder queue results be completely random dungeons again?

The random dungeon queue has never given you a dungeon at random. It just pulls you as a fill for players queued for specific dungeons. If someone keeps queuing for Crypt of Hearts, maybe someone who plays at a similar time of day as you, you could be getting pulled in with them again and again.

You are basically being given 100K XP and 10 transmutes as a thank you for helping another player finish the dungeon of their choice. Otherwise, the players queuing for specific dungeons would sit there all day. The chance of exactly 4 players, exactly queued in the roles DPS/DPS/Tank/Healer, for the exact same dungeon, at the exact same time, is unlikely. So the "random" queue matches you up with players needing fills.

For example, when I queued for the "random" dungeon during the recent Blackwood event, I got Dread Cellar day after day. Because it is the quickest of the Blackwood dungeons and people were queuing for it specifically, to get the event reward as fast as possible. I wasn't getting a truly random dungeon. I was getting the dungeon that other players wanted.
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to add to the above, the one time it really would really be a random dungeon is when you queue with a full pre-made group.
    Options
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using the random dungeon finder and haven't got CoH1 once recently. Must just be random, or people farming something in there.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you queue for random, your much more likely to get dungeons that are the daily pledges

the dungeon will never be truly random unless your in a premade 4 person group and queue for random

if you queue solo or partial group, you will be matched with whoever is available in the queue including whichever specific dungeon those people happen to be queued for
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often you will get a daily pledge when queuing random. Yesterday was an odd day as, in the several randoms I queued for, I didn’t get a single pledge but several DLC dungeons! They were mostly fun runs and included one I hadn’t done in a while.
    Options