Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Would like some thoughts/help on this Dragon Knight dual wield/medium armor build

Anderzzon1
Hello. I am currently going with this dragon knight dw/medium armor build (mainly for pve). The idea is to play like a sneaky assassin but with some dk spells.
First, is this even viable compared to a similar build with the night blade class? I know they have some crit stuff etc and that execute class spell so I dont know if my fire dot's will be as good.

Currently Im using
1. Blood craze
2. Burning embers
3. Rapid strikes
4. Burning breath
5. Haven't figured it out

Will this work endgame-wise?
  • Kronz
    Kronz
    ✭✭✭
    I would work igneous or molten weapons it since you going to be attacking a lot. Molten will greatly increase your crit if you can keep it up every 6 seconds where igneous will add flame damage to every attack for well over a minute so its much easier to keep up.
  • Kronz
    Kronz
    ✭✭✭
    Im trying to come up with a similar build myself...fact is nothing out performs shield bash atm lol. Im getting between three or four hundred dps a second sustained with dual wield and shield bash is at about 500 while being almost unkillable.
    Edited by Kronz on May 7, 2014 1:04AM
  • devriesmerwb17_ESO
    I am a DK DW but use flying blade instead of bash. I am Stamina build and flying hits harder than bash. However I do not have the jewellry which give extra damage to bash so that may make a difference. After the patch where bash is getting fixed i will be intrigued to know how this goes
  • Anderzzon1
    Thanks guys :) WIll try the molten or igneous weapon, is the added fire dmg really as good as the 30% crit chance? :open_mouth:

And also, my first question. is this viable compared to a dw/medium night blade?
  • jepatznerub17_ESO
    27% crit chance will scale way better as you get better gear than a flat number. That's assuming that you can sustain casting the buff every 6 - 7.2 seconds. I guess one other piece to consider is that casting the buff that often will obviously mess with your normal attack sequence.
  • Anderzzon1
    Anyone who have tried them both? The crit seems better imo but does it really mess up your rotation? I have no problem buffing myself ever 6-7 second otherwise, you should be able to build a rotation around that cd I think.
  • disexistencenub19_ESO
    I went with fire over the crit, as it seemed annoying to have to keep that up so often. It just didn't mesh with my playstyle. If you find you can fit it in to a rotation, then I'd say it's probably the better pick.
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    As 5, I'd say Green Dragon Blood(Dragon Blood morph) or Burning Talons (Dark Talon morph)

Always have Standard of Might as the ult.

Set a destro staff as your off and have Volcanic Rune, Pulsar, Igneous Weapons, Turn Undead (Fighter guild Circle of proctection morph) and Inhale/Inferno/Ash as you 5th.

I run SnB/destro in pvp and that staff as my off is very helpful for CC and DPS purposes.

My snb set up is: Whip, invasion (shield charge morph), Fire Dragon Scale (or Absorb from SnB if no healer in group), Burning Talons, and Green Drag blood
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• jepatznerub17_ESO
    Anderzzon1 wrote: »
    Anyone who have tried them both? The crit seems better imo but does it really mess up your rotation? I have no problem buffing myself ever 6-7 second otherwise, you should be able to build a rotation around that cd I think.

I have only tried the flat number, as I do not have the mana to support spamming the buff so often during a fight. I've placed the majority of my points into stamina, and focused more on stamina consuming moves as that appears to be where the synergy is at with medium armor (which also passively adds crit). If I were to go a more mana based character, I would have to find a way to sustain that resource better than what just having medium armor spec points will do for my stamina. Maybe the answer to that is mixing in some light armor with +armor mods, or maybe it's finding gear to reduce mana cost of abilities and increase mana regen during combat. I'm not sure. I have not done much research on that play style.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kronz wrote: »
    Im trying to come up with a similar build myself...fact is nothing out performs shield bash atm lol. Im getting between three or four hundred dps a second sustained with dual wield and shield bash is at about 500 while being almost unkillable.
    Its pretty sad the state all melee skills are in. its sad i can beat or match any NB single target melee spec with just this. I wont even swap weapons sets now in VR dungeon whether im tanking or dpsing just spam shield bash while blocking any damage and using stam pots. Add in the fact there are alot of broken skill in game right now yet they nerf the ones that do work it will only get way worse before it gets better.