Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Vamparism Stage 4 20% Now as the reduction for vamp abilities !

• Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    I was talking about the mist form mainly - untargetable, extra mobility, huge dmg resist - now it's balanced per cost.

Mist from was making DKs and templars broken

Batswarm is ok now.

Now it's the sorc side of the vampire+ combination that needs nerfing (putting bolt escape cost at 75% of the mist form cost + adding diminishing returns on ult cost reductions percentages)
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    Your Sweet Tears of Unfathomable Sadness are delicious.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • Alestair
    Alestair
    ✭✭
    CRY all you want. No more stacking vampire bats makes it a fair game now. Now the very well known users who was stacking vampire bats can no longer take on a whole faction by themselves.. CRY more.
  • rorcusb16_ESO
    rorcusb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Alestair wrote: »
    CRY all you want. No more stacking vampire bats makes it a fair game now. Now the very well known users who was stacking vampire bats can no longer take on a whole faction by themselves.. CRY more.

Wow.. you have the reading comprehension of a peanut.. people are not complaining about the batswarm stack fix at all.. in fact nearly every single Vamp has applauded it.

The issue is completely breaking the only skills that were working normally whilst still leaving the passives broken, you'll also notice ("If you get mummy to read it for you") that most of the complaints are in regards to PVE and nothing at all to do with the small protion of the game that is PVP..
    Edited by rorcusb16_ESO on May 7, 2014 1:10PM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this wall of text is crazy. I mean no offense really but you would have a better chance of conveying your point with proper breaks and fewer run on sentences.

I think the nerf sucks I'm a vampire too but you had to see it coming right? its not a class and people felt like they NEEDED to be one (and some still do) I also saw what vampires could do in cyrodil (and I admit actively did it myself)

it was way WAY OP. you all have to see that right? its not like your "class" was nerfed. Vampire in this game was stronger than any ES game before it (sans vampire lord which was silly)
  • ThreeEyedCrow
    ThreeEyedCrow
    ✭✭✭
    The dumbest thing about it is that it practically encourages all vampires to abuse bat swarm, since it can still be spammed (needs a REAL ultimate cost reduction fix) and the other abilities are totally jacked up with all the bugs and this nerf on top.

How is it still spammable in PvP?

As a DK Vamp I can bring the Ulti cost to 114 and Sorcs could go down to 84 which is really above the level of spammability in PvP (and not even taking into account how frequently the Cost Reduction breaks anyway).

From my experience before even 34 cost ulti wasn't totally spammable in many situations. When i was at cost 74 in stage3 Bats was still very effective but definitely was not spammable against anyone but the worst non-VR players.
    V12 Corporal

Victoria Concordia Crescit
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a vamp also but the qq rage in this thread is out of control.

ESO owes us nothing, vampire players. The vamp still has some very cool abilities even post-nerf.

You want to play an OP build, go play a DK, clearly they are the only class/race/anything immune to the nerf bat.
  • emperornerevarb14a_ESO
    Niminion wrote: »
    Do you agree that they should have put a soft cap on this problem like soft cap on ult regeneration for example instead of nerfing vampire?

No, why change/balance/nerf the rest of the game because a vamp passive is out of line? This is the exact change I would have made if I were balancing, besides the mistform speed nerf, didn't see that coming.

Then i would suggest PVP gear that reduces damage from vamps or a PVP passive that reduces vamp damage instead of nerfing the job, Do you agree with this atleast or are you a werewolf or sorc who hates vamps?
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »

ESO owes us nothing, vampire players. The vamp still has some very cool abilities even post-nerf.

You want to play an OP build, go play a DK, clearly they are the only class/race/anything immune to the nerf bat.
    Ye to bad i didn't know about this 6 veteran ranks and 50 levels ago obviously i know they are now and i want to switch but i'm not restarting.
    Dunmer Master Race
  • emperornerevarb14a_ESO
    I agree that the nerf to vamp was too much and they should put our vamp stage 4 ability reduction cost back to 60% and mist form speed back to its 52% and if anyone agrees with me hit the agree button below and lets do something about this.
    Good to see you on the supporting side :D

Yes i totally agree with you man, This nerf was way too much and they should have only touched the vampire ultimate and NOTHING else. Hit the agree button below on our posts guys if you want this mess fixed and our voices heard on this.

The dumbest thing about it is that it practically encourages all vampires to abuse bat swarm, since it can still be spammed (needs a REAL ultimate cost reduction fix) and the other abilities are totally jacked up with all the bugs and this nerf on top.

I agree touch the ultimate only not the rest of the stuff vamp has, vamp as it is now with the nerf makes the game alot less fun knowing you used to run faster endlessly with mist form and now your slow and the sorc class still has their endless bolt escape, seriously what the hell!
  • Skarzog
    Skarzog

I'm sorry I disagree, at the very least Zenimax owes us a working game. All I've seen from this studio from beta to now, 4 weeks after release, is completely amateur.

The fact that ability cost reduction is calculated additive and without cap in an MMO is mind-boggling to me. Anyone who has any sort of experience playing an MMO would immediately think, "Hmm, players might abuse that." While most reasonable people could agree having Bat Swarm stack needed to be fixed. Ultimate spamming was not something limited to Vampires. You still have DKs running around dropping banners non-stop. I still see Sorcs able to reduce their cost of Bat Swarm to the 80 region.

To top it off the Vampire tree is still completely bugged. The passives and vampirism reset every time you logout or enter a new instance. And the response is we will fix it in a later patch possibly another month or more from now? I don't think I've ever played a game where an entire tree of talents does not work and is not hot fixed almost immediately.

• ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skarzog wrote: »

I'm sorry I disagree, at the very least Zenimax owes us a working game. All I've seen from this studio from beta to now, 4 weeks after release, is completely amateur.

The fact that ability cost reduction is calculated additive and without cap in an MMO is mind-boggling to me. Anyone who has any sort of experience playing an MMO would immediately think, "Hmm, players might abuse that." While most reasonable people could agree having Bat Swarm stack needed to be fixed. Ultimate spamming was not something limited to Vampires. You still have DKs running around dropping banners non-stop. I still see Sorcs able to reduce their cost of Bat Swarm to the 80 region.

To top it off the Vampire tree is still completely bugged. The passives and vampirism reset every time you logout or enter a new instance. And the response is we will fix it in a later patch possibly another month or more from now? I don't think I've ever played a game where an entire tree of talents does not work and is not hot fixed almost immediately.

This is exactly the point - they didn't fix the core problem (ultimate cost reduction is additive), fixed a bug/problem (stacking, which is good that it's fixed, but other ultimates can do it too), and broke MORE skills in Vampire, which is almost completely broken already.

So other classes are still spamming ultimates, Bat Swarm is still spammable, and they went and screwed up other parts of the already broken skill line *even more*.

They broke Elusive Mist completely - the morph's entire purpose now does not work, which is to give a speed boost. Well, it's broken. 0% speed boost, not the 30% it should be post-nerf.

This is pretty much the definition of ham-handed butterfingers nerfing.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 7, 2014 10:24PM
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    with the nerfs and breaking Mist form (it is broken and the animation is invisible now) my Nightblade Vampire is beyond playable i feel. with all the bugs between Nightblade and Vampire stacked with this nerf... im waiting around to see what they fix in the up coming patch.

as it stands im really disapointed they are shoveling out new content when the current content is broken, buggy, and imbalanced. it is getting really old.
  • Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stravokov wrote: »
    with the nerfs and breaking Mist form (it is broken and the animation is invisible now) my Nightblade Vampire is beyond playable i feel. with all the bugs between Nightblade and Vampire stacked with this nerf... im waiting around to see what they fix in the up coming patch.

as it stands im really disapointed they are shoveling out new content when the current content is broken, buggy, and imbalanced. it is getting really old.

You don't stop developing content. No matter what there will be bugs, balance issues, and broken things people complain must be fixed. If you only focused on those, no new content would come out and you'd lose just as many if not more people due to lack of content. You have to do both side by side, and they are.
  • ljb2k5_ESO
    ljb2k5_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    (you need to work on your grammar, one giant paragraph will make ones eyes bleed trying to read it all)

is the vamp nerf to much?

yes

i could honestly accept the nerf if they also nerfed the fire weakness along with it, the highest being 50 percent fire weakness at stage 4. as it is, its to much risk and to little perk. vampirism is a dark power, meant to give great power with great weakness.

the only problem with the skill line before was bats power being spammed, which would have been easily fixed by simply adding a cooldown, or removing it from the cost reduction equation.

plus, the skill line still bugs the $%^# out when you die, so thats still a thing.

All they needed to nerf was bat swarm stacking, and they did. The nerf to mist form and drain were unnecessary. During mist form all you could do was run, and if you were at stage 4 vampirism, anyone rolling fire damage would destroy you, now it isn't a viable escape tool at all. The major problem was bat swarm stacking which made it super powerful against zergs. Drain wasn't that useful to begin with, as it is a short range channel, easily interrupted, and can only be used once on a target. ZOS needs to restore Mist Form and Drain, keep the nerf to bat swarm, and see how that plays out. They severely overreacted and over nerfed Vamp. Make moves in smaller more precise degrees ZOS, don't use a sledgehammer for balance, rather use a scalpel.