Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Vamparism Stage 4 20% Now as the reduction for vamp abilities !

patrykplawskib16_ESO
I Don't know what is wrong with eso and all the idiots who don't know how to do damage in this game cause they think a weapon and making it legendary will be enough, well tough luck its not, there's more to it and i'm sad to see a bunch of 12 year old's complain on forums about Bat-swarm being OP in pvp and wanting it to be taken away cause they can't kill the vampire bla bla bla. Now this is not about the bat-swarm it more like the link or connection of changing the vamparism stage 4 from 60% less to cast vamp abilities to 20% thinking it will stop the crises of it. How this affected us vamps now is that now we cant cast mist constantly as are get away move but all you casters out there are enjoying bolt escape ye totaly fare now the fact that bolt escape also stuns targets from the AoE affect while all mist form did was help us get out of sticky situation so bye to that now. Drain essence is taking way to much magika to cast and the fact that the abilitie in pvp is quit hard to use cause once a person has that abilitie done to em no other vamp can use that abilitie again on unless they die so now that abiltie is pointless in pvp and the fact that it takes up allot of magika. Also affecting knight-blades with this, vamp was one helping factor for knight-blades because are passives don't work even Yay! so now we have 0 major advantages. What i'm really trying to get to is how come Fuqing eso was not smart to put a cap on how low you can get bat-swarm to and particularly to the Devouring swarm morph cause that the one all people were complaining mainly about. To be honest i hope they fix this *** up other wise you will see vamparism as boring useless filler "content" and the fact when you are in vamparism stage 4 you get a 75% reduction in health regeneration and you are affected by fire by 50% i don't know?, so the only thing vamps can do is keep feeding to stage one to take only 50% fire damage, fun we have to monitor our *** our abilities are almost pointless and we take have to keep feeding to stay in good condition for pvp otherwise we will just keep dieing allot, me as a knight blade lost my only advantages to pvp'ing. I could possibly rant more and more how other classes should be buffed the *** down! to make it completely fair but no point. My main point of this discussion to eso is fix vamp juts put a soft cap on how low you can get bat-swarm ultimate to and let us have our 60% cast back problem solved everyone's happy.
Dunmer Master Race
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (you need to work on your grammar, one giant paragraph will make ones eyes bleed trying to read it all)

is the vamp nerf to much?

yes

i could honestly accept the nerf if they also nerfed the fire weakness along with it, the highest being 50 percent fire weakness at stage 4. as it is, its to much risk and to little perk. vampirism is a dark power, meant to give great power with great weakness.

the only problem with the skill line before was bats power being spammed, which would have been easily fixed by simply adding a cooldown, or removing it from the cost reduction equation.

plus, the skill line still bugs the $%^# out when you die, so thats still a thing.
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    (you need to work on your grammar, one giant paragraph will make ones eyes bleed trying to read it all)

is the vamp nerf to much?

yes

i could honestly accept the nerf if they also nerfed the fire weakness along with it, the highest being 50 percent fire weakness at stage 4. as it is, its to much risk and to little perk. vampirism is a dark power, meant to give great power with great weakness.

the only problem with the skill line before was bats power being spammed, which would have been easily fixed by simply adding a cooldown, or removing it from the cost reduction equation.

plus, the skill line still bugs the $%^# out when you die, so that's still a thing.
    So why don't they just put a soft cap to bat-swarm and how low you can make ultimate cost to such simple things yes hard for ZOS to fix it to balance and i agree maybe if you took like 20% fire damage at stage one it will be much more balance and fair. Also yes i know my English isn't the best :P
    Dunmer Master Race
  • emperornerevarb14a_ESO
    I agree that the nerf to vamp was too much and they should put our vamp stage 4 ability reduction cost back to 60% and mist form speed back to its 52% and if anyone agrees with me hit the agree button below and lets do something about this.
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    I agree that the nerf to vamp was too much and they should put our vamp stage 4 ability reduction cost back to 60% and mist form speed back to its 52% and if anyone agrees with me hit the agree button below and lets do something about this.
    Good to see you on the supporting side :D

Dunmer Master Race
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope , for most PvE players it was 0% , and it still is 0%.

I hope the devs change this policy to nerf first , fix later.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    Nope , for most PvE players it was 0% , and it still is 0%.

I hope the devs change this policy to nerf first , fix later.
    So your saying i wasted 14 skill points that i cant get back i need to pay allot to cure my self and plus 14k to respec to get back my skill points back, they fuqked up big time with this update change. They better get ready to send another code for an extra 5 days to play xD allot of people are really mad now. Also to be honest it should of never been nerfed the people who complain about it are the people who don't know how to combat it i have only died by 3 batswarms cause i know how to combat it, this is not a Call of Duty game where you grab a gun that's OP and off you go shooting. Trust me on that combat issue i seen people pop batswarm il run out of it but there will be 20 people in the AoE thinking they stand a chance :/

Dunmer Master Race
  • mystaskratchb14_ESO
    All ESO has to do is put a hard cap on how much you can drop the cost of any given skill.

Solved. Too bad I don't work for ESO.
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    All ESO has to do is put a hard cap on how much you can drop the cost of any given skill.

Solved. Too bad I don't work for ESO.
    I wish you did cause if you did that you sir deserve vr10 for free :)
    Dunmer Master Race
  • emperornerevarb14a_ESO

Yes i totally agree with you man, This nerf was way too much and they should have only touched the vampire ultimate and NOTHING else. Hit the agree button below on our posts guys if you want this mess fixed and our voices heard on this.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes i totally agree with you man, This nerf was way too much and they should have only touched the vampire ultimate and NOTHING else. Hit the agree button below on our posts guys if you want this mess fixed and our voices heard on this.

The dumbest thing about it is that it practically encourages all vampires to abuse bat swarm, since it can still be spammed (needs a REAL ultimate cost reduction fix) and the other abilities are totally jacked up with all the bugs and this nerf on top.
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO

The dumbest thing about it is that it practically encourages all vampires to abuse bat swarm, since it can still be spammed (needs a REAL ultimate cost reduction fix) and the other abilities are totally jacked up with all the bugs and this nerf on top.
    This games a huge mess and should juts be a free to play until the game actually "improves"

Dunmer Master Race
  • emperornerevarb14a_ESO

I agree that vampire ultimate is the only thing that should be touched but as for every other vamp skill and trait they should not mess with it, Like for example add more cost to the vampire ultimate or making fighters guild skills more potent to vampires and not this mess we have now with this totally unfair nerf to vampires, Now sorc still have thier bolt ability untouched which was far worse then mist form. ESO DEVs we want our speed restored to 52% on mist form and our stage 4 vampire ability reduction cost restored to 60% and if your gonna nerf anything only touch our ultimate, If anyone agrees with this hit the agree button below cause we need to show that we don't like how they handled nerfing this.
    Edited by emperornerevarb14a_ESO on May 5, 2014 9:50PM
  • Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    The 60% stage 4 was the one thing that made mistform and batswarm two of the most powerful abilities in the game. Then you combine it with armor set reductions and then DK ult generation and +stats on ult cast, or the sorc additional ult and magika reductions it comes out completely broke. Just because Temp/NB didn't have a raid wiping synergy with vamp doesn't mean vamp skill line wasn't the problem.

People are calling for all sorts of other nerfs or changing the way the entire game works and finger pointing at dk/sorc,when the main problem was the highest single cost reduction ability in the game, vamp stage 4 at a whopping 60%!
  • emperornerevarb14a_ESO
    Niminion wrote: »
    The 60% stage 4 was the one thing that made mistform and batswarm two of the most powerful abilities in the game. Then you combine it with armor set reductions and then DK ult generation and +stats on ult cast, or the sorc additional ult and magika reductions it comes out completely broke. Just because Temp/NB didn't have a raid wiping synergy with vamp doesn't mean vamp skill line wasn't the problem.

People are calling for all sorts of other nerfs or changing the way the entire game works and finger pointing at dk/sorc,when the main problem was the highest single cost reduction ability in the game, vamp stage 4 at a whopping 60%!

Do you agree that they should have put a soft cap on this problem like soft cap on ult regeneration for example instead of nerfing vampire?
  • cliveklgb14_ESO
    cliveklgb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They better get ready to send another code for an extra 5 days to play xD allot of people are really mad now.

You mean the whole 5 people posting in this thread? lol

• Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭
    20% cost reduction is more than any other passive gives. You abilities still cost about as much as other abilities in the game. Health regeneration is probably the most useless stat in the game as well.
    Edited by Noth on May 5, 2014 11:27PM
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    They better get ready to send another code for an extra 5 days to play xD allot of people are really mad now.

You mean the whole 5 people posting in this thread? lol
    Nope for all the 1 million people there gonna lose to subs xD

Dunmer Master Race
  • Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    Do you agree that they should have put a soft cap on this problem like soft cap on ult regeneration for example instead of nerfing vampire?

No, why change/balance/nerf the rest of the game because a vamp passive is out of line? This is the exact change I would have made if I were balancing, besides the mistform speed nerf, didn't see that coming.
  • Vitho
    Vitho
    nerf a broken passive without fixing it just great, even swtor was doing better
    pls eso think a little bit longer about ur balancing and dont pick up every tear u are better than this last fix
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its too much of a nerf only because vamps rocked before. If the old vamp pre-nerf had never existed in the first place,everyone would have been okay with it. Psychology there- true story.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel as if they are testing the water with the Mistform nerf before they do the large upcoming patch/update... The sad thing is if they were doing that.. Why not nerf the bolt escape and see the reactions for that skill as well?

I have stood behind many changes as it is expected with a new game, but this is one change I do not understand. The fact that there is now no skill that can compete with Bolt Escape (correct me if I am wrong) how are we suppose to catch them? The only reason I went vamp was to use that spell to catch those darn mages lol..

Personally I could care less about the Vamp ULT.. I just really enjoyed the additional movement speed that I could use questing and getting around the towns. I feel that alone made the downsides of being a vamp worth it. Now.. there isn't a single world skill line that I find useful as of current..

Just my feedback on the change. I will continue to keep the vamp skills until I am done grinding my vet rank.. If they keep the mist form as is (lack of speed) then I will simply cure the bite and look elsewhere.. or Cough* Become a **** mage I guess..
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    im ok with the nerf but why don't fix the passive?
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems that those bugs are currently scheduled in the big update. Just me making a guess of course
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    here something that hasn't been mentioned. they broke the animation of elusive mist in this nerf. my mist form completely disappears when i use the skill....

way to go Zinamax
  • Hozec
    Hozec
    ✭✭✭
    I am a vampire and i am glad they think they fixed the broken use of it in pvp. That being said they went about it the wrong way to fix it. For instance being able to be healed in mist form didn't get fixed which was a main problem. They should have fixed that and then fixed where you couldn't stack the ultimate. I am kind of neutral on the whole bat swarm should only hit 6 ppl thing. (A fix with the 1.1) This would also fix the the pvp issue.. Unless I missed something and ppl were using the mist speed in an exploitive way. the mist form speed reduction didn't need to be nerfed. Basically to fix the problems in the pvp they just had to:

1. fix being healed while in mist form
    2. Stop the bat swarm from stacking
    3. fix the ult reduction stuff so you couldn't get it down really low.
    4. bat swarm only hit up to 6 targets (Maybe, Would have to actually test to see if it would help or not)

There was no reason to nerf the "magicka cost reduction on stages". Except maybe not letting it apply to the batswarm? I agree it needed to be fixed because it was stupid in pvp but not in the way they did it.

I also hate people saying that mist form gave unfair advantage with the speed buff. So all of us are at disadvantages because we don't play sorc and can't teleport around. Which when you stack the cost reductions cost about the same as mist form lol. Have to see how vampire plays after 1.1 when passives and stuff gets fixed.
    Edited by Hozec on May 6, 2014 3:23PM
  • by_saidoeb17_ESO
    by_saidoeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    That is what all vamps deserve for the batspamstackingfest. Now you cant spam your iwin button? so saddly. Start to use some of your others skills and learn to play. Oh, and wait for the aoe cap fix xD
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is what all vamps deserve for the batspamstackingfest. Now you cant spam your iwin button? so saddly. Start to use some of your others skills and learn to play. Oh, and wait for the aoe cap fix xD

These sweeping accusations are getting really old. IT IS NOT JUST VAMPIRE SKILLS that are causing the OP abilities people are so upset about.

I'm not normally one to complain about "nerfs", and really, most of the time I hardly even notice, but I gotta' say - this one sucks.

I'm a Nightblade Vamp, and I can honestly say I have never felt overpowered. The -60% cost to vamp skills seemed to me to just about balance the -75% HP regen. (Let's not even consider the fire weakness, but needless to say - there were definitely some balances to the few powerful vamp skills.)

I'm not looking to flame anyone, but I really think that a lot of people crying about vamps being "unkillable" are focusing on the wrong thing. It's not JUST being a vampire. It seems to me it was a combination of vampire AND some class skills specific to Sorcerer and DragonKnight.

But because of all these people wailing and moaning about vamp - the devs focused solely on vamp skills, which is NOT where the problem lies. The effect being that many of us (who were NOT overpowered to begin with) are now suffering, while those who really could take advantage of the synergies between certain skills are still able to do so. Thanks to so many of you complaining about only the skill you can "see" (being vamp), you have hurt a lot of us who never had an advantage to start with.

I realize there were obviously some unfair advantages with CERTAIN skill combinations along with vamp, but PLEASE, lets focus on those problematic combos - and stop making sweeping statements and generalizations that don't fix anything, and only hurt players who were already weaker to begin with.

Nerf the runspeed while in Mist Form - fine.
    Nerf the stacking Bat Swarm thing - fine also (I'm kinda' suprised it would stack anyway).
    Nerfing the cost to use the vampire skills at all - NOT the right fix for these problems.
  • GhenghisRex
    GhenghisRex
    Soul Shriven
    They went way too far with this nerf. The only vampires I ever felt were overpowered in any way were the DK vampires, and that was way more for their DK abilities over their vampire ones. As a v2 sorc vampire in stage 4, my health recovery is only 16, and while some people complain that sorcs can abuse mist form to run away, that was really all I had for a cool ability. I never really felt like I was OP. All I had going for me was being able to run and hide, and with this update being a vampire is seeming like way less of an option. The only reason I ever even went for elusive mist in the first place is because poison mist was -and still is- broken, in that it only hits 3 times over 4 seconds where it should hit 8. The only thing I think ever needed to be nerfed about vampires was the ult, and really having a cooldown time would be an easy fix for that. I personally think they should reverse the nerf, and actually fix the still broken skills of all the trees. They shouldn't be racing to nerf stuff when there are still so many skills that don't properly work in the first place. For example, how many nightblade skills are still broken? What about the still massively bugged werewolves? Maybe everyone would stop getting an ill informed notion over vamps being OP if they could use their abilities to full effect. That, and learn not to mass charge someone using devouring swarm, because that's only going to heal the user. Stop rushing to nerf stuff, or at least don't nerf things so drastically.
    -Leader of The Evil Tyrannos
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    oh, the cries of bad players relying on unbalanced abilities to do their PvP... so sweet...

Now when the cost is actually balanced for what the skill does (aside of the drain essence which should get the base cost reduced by 20%) they are failing hard. "Learn 2 play" - is what I have to say.
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

You say that so arrogantly as if every vampire just spammed bat swarm and face rolled their 'R' button. Never once was I able to do that, not did I want to. Stage 4, if you don't know, was and still is broken unless you feed, go to stage 3, and wait 1.5 hrs till stage 4. Then you better not die or it'll get screwed up again. For me in stage 4 my ultimate was always 200 (still is) and all my other vamp abilities weren't reduced by 60% like they should've been.

I seriously hate those people out there who abused the vamp system and ruined it for the rest of us, and those like yourself laughing and accusing all vamps of using this dirty tactic are just making it worse. Bottom line: Zenimax clearly jumped to a poor nerf conclusion on this one. So many other things that need fixing before this.

Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11