The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Rangeplar

• Mansquito
    Mansquito
    ✭✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »
    Mansquito wrote: »
    Agreed that Deadly is a bit overrated for Templar, would much prefer flat damage or crit.

As I like using tri pots I'd use Rattlecage on front bar, Rallying Cry back bar, with those you get a nice balance of resistance and crit resistance, and Rattlecage gives a decent few lines of spell damage, 1 piece trainee. Then Death Dealers and Roksa for sustain and pools. Penetration mundus. Slot Dawny on the FB for 3% damage buff but put meteor on the back bar.

FB.
    Crushing Shock
    Living Dark
    Reflective Light/Javelin
    Jesus Beam
    Power of the Light

Dawny with stun

BB.
    Elusive Mist (op af)
    Rune focus
    Breath of Life
    Resolving Vigor
    Elemental Susceptibility

Meteor (if you use Javelin)/Psijic if not

Take the CP for sustained by suffering and damage reduction, this reducing need for purify.

Sharpened on FB
    Defending on BB

Two damage glyphs and one magic cost reduction, all bloodthirsty obviously.

Run as Breton for sustain and tankiness.

Good pen, decent spell damage, decent pressure, good sustain, decent mobility, good tankiness, good execute, decent burst.

You won't kill veterans player with this set up, not enough offensive skill, living dark is useless in a lot of scenario now(dot proc meta+ snake in the star), try to drop it for something else.

I stand by: to begin with or to play in small-scale deadly is good if you stack spell damage,and use dot.i use 2 dot+burning+poison effect+Jesus beam+ dawn breaker. Sadly Jesus beam is your only good damaging skill.
    Anyway I have try draugrkin grip with a charged staff, and it's way better. I don't need to stack too much spell damage because the set is not a percentage damage booster like deadly. Crushing shock hit so hard.

It's fine tbh, if I am dueling or in a group then obviously I'd run something different but in an X situation it's fine. Enough output to pressure players and enough burst to kill most if you time stuff correctly. You could run Elemental Weapon instead of Crushing shock and time your burst with PotL, Javelin, Meteor and Beam but it's just not as good for consistent pressure.

Living Dark is still great imo, hardly anyone uses Snake in the Stars and the dot issue is a minor one for me.

I do agree about Draugrkin though, I try to keep that one quiet as it is quite underused on Templar.