The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Rangeplar

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Any one play one?
Advice on sets used etc please.
I'm thinking shattered fate and wretched?
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You talking 1vX, or small scale cyro, or group cyro, or bg, or duels?
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mainly bg and small scale
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could do what everyone else is doing. Use crushing shock to multiproc sets like Dragon's Appetite.

With Evasion being handed around like candy on Halloween, I wouldn't use Jabs anyway.

So you're a sorcerer without shields ... or streak ... or curse, but you've got Jesus Beam..
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could do what everyone else is doing. Use crushing shock to multiproc sets like Dragon's Appetite.

With Evasion being handed around like candy on Halloween, I wouldn't use Jabs anyway.

So you're a sorcerer without shields ... or streak ... or curse, but you've got Jesus Beam..

Don't forget a better heal and ranged unblockable stun.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running a bow version since jabs got nerfed. Here's the current one I use (I mainly play solo):

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=478227

I haven't been playing lately though due to the lack of class balance and Cyrodiil updates. Cancelled my sub in the meantime.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

On templar you'll need to run some bleed ability (only dw or 2h available to templar) to get dragon's appetite to proc.

You can do draugrkin with force pulse for sure.

Probably can't go wrong with orders fb + wv bb + balorgh + markyn/ssc/ddf. Juice up those offensive stats. Use crushing weapon as spammable or dark flare maybe. Ice comet + crushing weapon + light attack into javelin + light attack beam is your combo.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. You don't need those cheesy set.
    Front bar Deadly strike with lightning staff, crushing shock as spammable, one dot, elemeal suc, javelin, Jesus beam.
    When enemy is half life use comet+javelin+Jesus beam.
    Back bar olorime/wretched vitality. Monster set balorgh, magma incarnate.

You can also use clever alchimist front bar or mec acuity (with charged trait) or even draugkin(also charged trait).

If you use deadly go for higher spell damage, not higher penetration. With deadly+olorime (infused trait front bar with power enchant) I got to 7,2k spelled damage, my Jesus beam go to 20k tooltip.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast_El wrote: »
    Front bar Deadly strike with lightning staff, crushing shock as spammable, one dot, elemeal suc, javelin, Jesus beam.

You can also use clever alchimist front bar or mec acuity (with charged trait) or even draugkin(also charged trait).

If you use deadly go for higher spell damage, not higher penetration. With deadly+olorime (infused trait front bar with power enchant) I got to 7,2k spelled damage, my Jesus beam go to 20k tooltip.

Whilst I agree with olo/ wretched I don't think deadly is bis for rangeplar, as none of your skills except jbeam are channeled. I use shattered fate for that big pen improving all skill damage.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use 2 dot+ elem suc+ poison damage enchant+ Jesus beam. And I have better results than shattered fate. I try something different every 2 days. And I think it's best to begin With.also if you play in group You will Jesus beam more than the other skill.
    I got a whip asking for my build every time I play.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fair enough
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have try with dawn breaker instead of comet, because most of opponent are going to get close to you. Javelin Then dawn breaker+ Jesus beam. They don't expect a dawn breaker hit while they fight a ranged magplar using crushing shock, and the 6seconds Dot hit very hard, Combined 2 dots+ Jesus beam. Good luck to survive it, only few can.

Next week I Will try draugkin, I think crushing shock I'll hit like a truck with charged trait and poison enchant, but not the jesus beam.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lots of people rave about draugrkin and crushing shock, but i found it pretty mediocre…

is there a trick/synergy to getting more out of it than a charged trait to help proc status effects?

what am i missing?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lots of people rave about draugrkin and crushing shock, but i found it pretty mediocre…

is there a trick/synergy to getting more out of it than a charged trait to help proc status effects?

what am i missing?

There isn't any trick either than adding flat damage to everything. Double dot posions, status effect procs, residual dots, crushing shock counting as three hits, cp that returns damage, etc., it adds up. It doesn’t quite play the game for players as older proc sets like Sloads, but it certainly more efficent than trying to jab people running around with evasion.
    Edited by Joy_Division on November 27, 2023 2:28AM
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what am i missing?

It's been under the radar for years though it must have been nerfed at some point cause last time I played it was twice as strong as it is now. The 'trick' is simply that it doesn't get affected by battle spirit so it's just straight damage added in a way similar to how sergeant's used to buff heavy attacks. It's been very popular on stam sorcs for years though.

Either way if you combine it with something like the new version of maelstrom's 2 hander and dragon's you are a killing machine. Sorcs and templars have always been the natural choices for this since they have a good amount of aoe effects that passively deal damage just by keeping the skills active. As an example on a sorc, with cloak of blades and hurricane active, if you stampede in you now have potentially four sources of damage. Swap to front bar and do a medium weave to rending and that's at least eight more - twice from the medium, twice from the rending, twice from the enchants, a bleed, hemorrhaging, and possibly even two more if you proc burning and poisoned on your enchants. And you still have hurricane and cloak of blades to count. In just one second you're on all cylinders with up to sixteen sources of damage - all of which are getting between 750 and 1k bonus damage applied. Now you just need to hit the rhythm with rapid strikes or jabs. Rapids and a light attack counts as an additional five sources of damage in less than a second and let me tell you, even those light attacks are packing. Against an NPC they'll crit for 9k each...

Edited by Sluggy on November 27, 2023 12:31PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

what am i missing?

Charged trait, double dot poisons
    6x instances of damage in 1 force pulse/crushing shock
    That's 6x 330 extra damage each spammable.
    Now count up the number of instances of damage in a double dot poison. Factor in ele sus ticking. Pretty wild.
    Add on top of that master dw + dragon's appetite, or maelstrom 2h.
    That's a lot more extra damage on every little tick. Gnarly.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭

Would that be mechanical acuity lighting staff charged with flame enchant and back bar wretched vitality snb for example?
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »

Would that be mechanical acuity lighting staff charged with flame enchant and back bar wretched vitality snb for example?

Yes, I have already used it somes weeks, it's very good,use balorgh and shadow mundus with it and, your comet can one shot people if it crit
  • FoJul
    FoJul
    ✭✭✭
    Rangeplar easy. Balorgh -1 traine- 1 markyn or Sea-serpent- 5 rallying cry back bar . 5 Orders wrath/ wretched depending on if you want more damage or survivability.
    5 heavy 1 light 1 medium
    4 heavy 1 light 2 medium
    or 3 heavy 3 medium 1 light

Meteor+jav+beam for kill combo.

Ele weapon or crushing shock spammable. Run Power of the light for minor breach.
  • Mansquito
    Mansquito
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed that Deadly is a bit overrated for Templar, would much prefer flat damage or crit.

As I like using tri pots I'd use Rattlecage on front bar, Rallying Cry back bar, with those you get a nice balance of resistance and crit resistance, and Rattlecage gives a decent few lines of spell damage, 1 piece trainee. Then Death Dealers and Roksa for sustain and pools. Penetration mundus. Slot Dawny on the FB for 3% damage buff but put meteor on the back bar.

FB.
    Crushing Shock
    Living Dark
    Reflective Light/Javelin
    Jesus Beam
    Power of the Light

Dawny with stun

BB.
    Elusive Mist (op af)
    Rune focus
    Breath of Life
    Resolving Vigor
    Elemental Susceptibility

Meteor (if you use Javelin)/Psijic if not

Take the CP for sustained by suffering and damage reduction, this reducing need for purify.

Sharpened on FB
    Defending on BB

Two damage glyphs and one magic cost reduction, all bloodthirsty obviously.

Run as Breton for sustain and tankiness.

Good pen, decent spell damage, decent pressure, good sustain, decent mobility, good tankiness, good execute, decent burst.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I have already used it somes weeks, it's very good,use balorgh and shadow mundus with it and, your comet can one shot people if it crit

What about meele plar? Which is the most effective stam or mag? I tried mech acuity charged maul with fire glyph front bar, wretchedf vitality defending ice staff backbar, balorgh and markyn and while it feels decent i feel like it could be optimized more.
  • Mansquito
    Mansquito
    ✭✭✭

What about meele plar? Which is the most effective stam or mag? I tried mech acuity charged maul with fire glyph front bar, wretchedf vitality defending ice staff backbar, balorgh and markyn and while it feels decent i feel like it could be optimized more.

That's pretty good tbh. Crit is definitely the way to go if you want to get the most out of jabs, perhaps you could change Wretched for Rallying Cry but that build is a bit squishy and does lack the amazing sustain Wretched offers (I have one build where I use MA, Rally, Balorgh, 1 Trainee and Markyn).

I think if you are a melee plar, if you go with Crescent you're sort of building more of a high pressure damage build due to the smaller burst but more constant output of the ultimate (grinding your opponent down), and if you're slotting Dawny then you're going for more of a single burst damage build (bursting them down more quickly).

With the former Order's Wrath is better and with the latter Mechanical Acuity is better. For the former you could run Roksas and then drop Wretched for something like Rallying Cry. For the latter Balorgh works in tandem with a big crit Dawnbreaker for one big burst.

That's certainly how I'd see it anyway.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amidst all the negativity I feel about ZOS' treatment of templar, I admit that it makes me unreasonably happy that this 2016-era combo is still good.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭

You can go for axe with shadow mundus stone. I would change the trait for shapen. Your jab will keep up your mec acuity stack.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mansquito wrote: »
    Agreed that Deadly is a bit overrated for Templar, would much prefer flat damage or crit.

As I like using tri pots I'd use Rattlecage on front bar, Rallying Cry back bar, with those you get a nice balance of resistance and crit resistance, and Rattlecage gives a decent few lines of spell damage, 1 piece trainee. Then Death Dealers and Roksa for sustain and pools. Penetration mundus. Slot Dawny on the FB for 3% damage buff but put meteor on the back bar.

FB.
    Crushing Shock
    Living Dark
    Reflective Light/Javelin
    Jesus Beam
    Power of the Light

Dawny with stun

BB.
    Elusive Mist (op af)
    Rune focus
    Breath of Life
    Resolving Vigor
    Elemental Susceptibility

Meteor (if you use Javelin)/Psijic if not

Take the CP for sustained by suffering and damage reduction, this reducing need for purify.

Sharpened on FB
    Defending on BB

Two damage glyphs and one magic cost reduction, all bloodthirsty obviously.

Run as Breton for sustain and tankiness.

Good pen, decent spell damage, decent pressure, good sustain, decent mobility, good tankiness, good execute, decent burst.

You won't kill veterans player with this set up, not enough offensive skill, living dark is useless in a lot of scenario now(dot proc meta+ snake in the star), try to drop it for something else.

I stand by: to begin with or to play in small-scale deadly is good if you stack spell damage,and use dot.i use 2 dot+burning+poison effect+Jesus beam+ dawn breaker. Sadly Jesus beam is your only good damaging skill.
    Anyway I have try draugrkin grip with a charged staff, and it's way better. I don't need to stack too much spell damage because the set is not a percentage damage booster like deadly. Crushing shock hit so hard.

• Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of the short window I don't see mech accuity being all that usefull, though I could be wrong. On console you can't track it, so its difficult as well to determine when it's gonna start
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mec acuity is not easy to use. On melee and ranged, but easie on melee.on melee build: use solar barage and cloak, don't use dot, toppling charge+ dawn breaker+ jab+Jesus beam. If you tagert is not dead, retreat. Refresh your rune the duration is equal to mec accuity cool down. Use light attack from your back, wait for dawn breaker to be ready, then buff up, and you can try to make a kill gain
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the most effective way to kill a player even the veterans one. But in BG it can be a long time to wait. You need to be good when you defend,use one or 2 swift jewelry
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont listen to these guys. In BGs, just embrace the death so you can get insane KB counts, cause that's all that matters....go glass canon

Been playing rangeplar EXCLUSIVELY since summerset launch.

My current iteration is 5p deadly, 5p shattered fate, 1p skoria, oakensoul. Lightning staff.

Dark flare cause angel bombs look sweet
    Javelin
    Jesus beam
    Mistform
    Honor the dead
    Soul assault

Just stack offense. Defense is for kids. You'll die, but you'll also get a ton of kills. Jbeam tooltip on this setup can reach 23k with 22k penetration. You'll hit 5k tics of jbeam with a squishy target while he's at 100% health...it really is crazy. Soul assault will hit up to 14k (I've seen, normally it hits around 9k crits)

Small scale? No problem. Get sustain through CP. Jbeam while ur buds rip. Stage 4 vampire is great for sprint stealthily. All the defense you need is mist and honor...so good give it a try. Easy as hell to build.

To see it in action go to hawkeye Hebrews channel, he used my build, tweaked it a bit for himself but it's mostly there. He gave me a shoutout XD

• Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    XD if you say so
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    sxf1gtu9kj15.jpg

Playing alone in a death match with draugrkin.
    I don't do those kind of score every time