Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Suggestion: Programmable Houseguest Emotes and Idles

BoloBoffin
BoloBoffin
✭✭✭✭✭
We can already place houseguests and set them on paths. A very natural next step is to allow us to set emotes to happen in-path (or at nodes, rather), and/or slot in various idle states. Anything we own as a player could be game. Of course, our Khajiit banker and merchant couldn't do the recent turkey leg emote, but we could choose Khajiit-appropriate idles or emotes.

What do you say, ZOS?
Been there, got the Molag Bal polymorph.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, pleeeeease!!! 🥹
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just emotes, I would like for them to be able to use mementos as well.

I built a small cafe and I want my houseguests to be able to be waited on, while Maiq plays the Esraj on the corner stage, and Zander tells great amazing stories to anyone that will listen.
    Edited by Sordidfairytale on November 1, 2023 1:28PM
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPC just keep walking around my home, but doesn't try to so anything.
    It looks little bit creepy. I want to let them natural behavior. (eating, drinking, reading book,
    crafting, fishing, doing some table game. And sleeping.)
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • ThelerisTelvanni
    ThelerisTelvanni
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to simly be able to tell them to sit an a chair or bench as well.
  • Lucidilusions
    Lucidilusions
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish they would sit down in chairs and like pretend to use crafting tables etc. Would also love a randomized AI pathing option to combined with the aforementioned interactions. I know that's a lot to ask though, would be cool none the less.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish they would sit down in chairs and like pretend to use crafting tables etc. Would also love a randomized AI pathing option to combined with the aforementioned interactions. I know that's a lot to ask though, would be cool none the less.

I think asking is fine. It shows there's lots of room for housing improvements that would be appreciated.

In fact, I'll up your suggestion. Now that we have the ability to change the time of day in our homes, why not have pathing nodes triggered by the time of day? We could build our own tiny Skyrim-style environments where our houseguests have different routines at different times of the day, or a non-combat pet cat who patrols the perimeter in the morning, sleeps away in a sunny spot in the afternoon, and gets the zoomies at night.
    Been there, got the Molag Bal polymorph.
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just be happy if we could get our wandering houseguests to sit down on a chair or at a table for a period of time during their wanderings! But allowing them to do certain emotes on cue would be great too.
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I immediately thought of this when I made the first path for my first placed mount. They just keep walking/running that path and like, at that point, I had to take the path out, because it made it look like they were restless at being kept a prisoner!

I had wondered if I had missed something where I could make that mount/pet (only recently got my first houseguests) do some of their idle actions or pause at a node, or *something* other than walking/running along the paths I set.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's possible but it would be a great addition if it is.
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    House guests's triggered by time of day would be PERFECTION. Assuming of course they could also be made to sit/read/drink or please ZOS, give them the ability to lay down.

i wish pets would have that ability too. To just have them sit or lay down for however long.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow