The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has anyone encountered this problem with customer support? They helped others bt they didn’t help me

alin08022001
alin08022001
Soul Shriven
Hi everyone!
A few days ago I was scammed and lost 650k gold (which is a lot on the Xbox NA server). At the suggestion of my fellow guildmates and friends, and after reading about others’ experience on reddit, I filled out a report ( with ss) and I had high hopes that the cs would return my gold. Id like to mention that I have been playing ESO for 4 years and so far I have never been scammed.
I waited a few days and received a reply (see pic)wbanvu4qk81a.jpeg
that mentioned, and I quote, “We are unable to provide compensation as a result of a scam that occurred in-game” as well as “If you do fall for such a scam again, we will not be able to refund you a second time”. After I received that email, I politely mentioned that this is the first time I have been scammed and that they have never refunded me any gold. Their decision was to permanently close the ticket, without returning my gold.
My question is, what is the criterion by which cs decides who to help and who not to?
Best regards,
Zuu

Ps: excuse my English
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 12, 2023 6:11PM

Best Answer

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should add that 650k is a LOT of coin on console! How many crowns would that normally buy on Xbox OP? I know for PS it would between 4k-6.5k crowns.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 8, 2023 2:09AM
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have an answer for ya, but... when gifting was re-enabled recently, @ZOS_Kevin posted in the gifting thread:

(see here)

Nothing has changed with our position on gold-for-crowns transactions at this time. We are closely monitoring for activity that contravenes our Terms of Service (exploitative behavior, fraud, black-market activity, etc.) and may change this stance in the future. As a reminder, we do not officially support gold-for-crowns transactions and our Customer Support team will not aid in facilitating them.

[Emphasis added].

I'm not sure if this represents an official change in policy, but my reading of it was that customer support would not be helpful in refunding people who were scammed in crowns for gold transactions (and my understanding is that in the past, they were sometimes willing to refund scam victims one time).
    Options
  • alin08022001
    alin08022001
    Soul Shriven
    Hey @valenwood_vegan ,
    Thank you so much for replying. If refunding was a thing of the past why did they mention " ...a second time"?
    Edited by alin08022001 on November 8, 2023 1:27AM
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin, little help here maybe?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • alin08022001
    alin08022001
    Soul Shriven
    Hey @TaSheen, thank you for raising the problem!
    Options
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @valenwood_vegan ,
    Thank you so much for replying. If refunding was a thing of the past why did they mention " ...a second time"?

Well I'm going way into the realm of "guessing" now, but if there actually was some recent change in policy... or the policy is now being more strictly enforced... it's possible that support is using automated replies and this one wasn't properly updated to reflect the change.

But I agree with you, it's a very strange answer and I hope you're able to get further assistance from someone at ZoS, and a resolution.

And I should add that I'm really sorry that you were scammed :\
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on November 8, 2023 1:46AM
    Options
  • alin08022001
    alin08022001
    Soul Shriven
    Hey @valenwood_vegan , thank you for taking time to reply! I hope @ZOS_Kevin will read this thread.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He probably won't be able to see it tonight tho FYI.
    Options
  • alin08022001
    alin08022001
    Soul Shriven
    Hey @spartaxoxo . Thank you for replying! You re right, 650k gold goes a long way on console and it took me days to collect it :(
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    He probably won't be able to see it tonight tho FYI.

True, but at least first thing in the morning - and at least it's a normal workday, not a weekend.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Valzan1a
    Valzan1a
    Not that problem specifically but I had two issues recently that they shot me down on. One was a house I gifted to wrong person which was never claimed. It didn't get returned once it expired. It's just sitting unclaimed in my gift inventory. They refuse to restore it to my account. The other was I did not receive 10 transmute from a random dungeon. Also fought me on that. It's quite frustrating considering I've literally never submitted tickets before and was told to by friends and guild mates only to find out ZOS is useless when it comes to actually solving problems.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @alin08022001

Could you provide us with your current ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • alin08022001
    alin08022001
    Soul Shriven
    Hey @ZOS_Bill, thank you for the reply. Also, sorry for the late reply. My ticket was permanently closed. It’s reference number is 231030-037135.

Best,
    Alin
    Options
  • ZOS_Kraken
    @alin08022001 I have send you a forums message about your ticket.
    Options
    Staff Post