Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Sorcerors OP. Jack of all trades. Best ranged dps, best self heal (surge), CC (ranged Encase AoE)++

• Mucera78
    Mucera78
    Egdod wrote: »
    The OP of this thread is OP and should be nerfed. They have the ability to type in all caps and in bold which is unique to his user. See? I can not type in bold or all caps.

Or, maybe, I do not know how to fully use the forum tools.

That comment is full of win.
    It pretty much closes the thread.
    I do think Bolt Escape needs to be on a timer though, or have a much higher cost.
  • rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have found all classes to be balanced
    Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, an unskilled Sorcerer will die to most any physical damage user in seconds, but a skilled Sorcerer will destroy anything that comes near him. Sorcerer is really the class for skilled players, and in that setting they are more powerful than any other class, no matter how skilled the players in those classes. I guess they are a bit like Warcraft warlocks, except with absolutely no competition from other classes.

It's really no coincidence the first Emperor of official launch was a Sorcerer. There's just no way to survive against a skilled Sorcerer, no matter how skilled you are, unless you are a Sorcerer yourself, and then it just depends who has Immovable up and who doesn't.

I'd play a Sorcerer myself if they weren't so evil RP wise.

Maybe it's no coincidence the most evil class is also the most powerful? Lol. In the interview with the first Emperor, they asked his guild what Daedric Prince they might worship, not even bothering asking about the Aedra. Then consider how much focus and content there is in the game on Daedra and Daedric worship, and the total lack of content about Aedra, the benevolent gods.
    Edited by Zsymon on May 6, 2014 2:21PM
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    But then again, that might not reflect as much on the current developers, as all previous games followed that same trend, and they might just be continuing it.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah fix this worthless scum, than nerf DK, than vampires again, than nightblades, without fixing them, than templars, nerf healing, and weapon skills, nerf everything.

except my 10 skills and 2 ultimates, please.
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think Sorcerers should be nerfed just because they are stronger than other classes, for reasons: 1) They are difficult to use, need skilled players. 2) In the lore Sorcerers are extremely powerful as well, in the lore Sorcerers are more powerful than any other profession, and I don't have any problems with that carrying over into the game, it just adds depth and gives you satisfaction when you beat a Sorcerer.

Overpowered isn't always bad, underpowered is far, far worse.

Leave overpowered be, and upgrade what's underpowered.. if you do it right then there's no powercreep.

So don't nerf Sorcerers, just fix all skills and passives for starters. I'm not a Nightblade but my brother is, and I see no fixes for Nightblade in the Craglorn patch notes, which is very sad and WILL cost the game many players.
    Edited by Zsymon on May 6, 2014 3:15PM
  • Aerieth
    Aerieth
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf rock, paper is fine.
    - Sincerely, Scissors.
    @Aerieth - PC EU Megaserver
    Ilatria Shadowcore - Lv 50 Nord Vampire Nightblade - Tank / Stam DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Maiine Shadowcore - Lv 50 Breton Vampire Nightblade - Magicka DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerieth Shadowcore - Lv 50 Imperial Vampire Nightblade - Healer - Daggerfall Covenant
    From patch notes long forgotten:
    "Fixed an issue if you had a summoned pet, it could potentially be grabbed by an invisible Molag-Bal and get stuck in a floating posture."
    "Dogs can no longer teleport while chasing cats (much to the disappointment of the dogs)."
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    Have no idea about other classes NB overall is fine but it has some garbage that doesn't worth to use like agony, haste, blur,summon shade etc. I just think that skills needa to be buffed or replaced with something useful.
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    I have 8 characters, 2 of which are Sorcerer. (I also scrapped 2 Sorc builds because they couldn't fight there way out of toilet tissue) My conclusion after playing all the classes and various builds of each (have probably scrapped a total of 6 builds that by 10 saw they were not too good) is that none of the classes is OP.

Once I learned to stop playing characters in my standard fashion and to adapt to the actual game mechanics I found all classes viable and with a good build and playing that build correctly are all but unkillable unless I get stupid.

Is my strongest build a Sorc? Yes, an Orc 2H (no pet/staff), Sorcerer wearing 5 Heavy and 2 Light. My second strongest character is not my other Sorcerer but a Khajiit NB that uses 2 Bow Skills and the rest Class skills. Hell Kitty wades through mobs like they don't even care to put up a fight.

Grumbling about this or that class. skill, etc, etc, etc seems to boil down to (as a few threads on the boards here say) pilot error.

Adapt to the game because the game isn't going to adapt to you.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    shade getting buffed to deal good damage at 1.1 im worried about nerfs.
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • TheGrimaceOR
    TheGrimaceOR
    ✭✭
    LOL... now I have seen everything. Seriously? A DK complaining that some other class is too OP.
  • Silestia
    Silestia
    Soul Shriven
    I can assure you that sorcs have a great many weaknesses that a skillful player can capitalize on using combos of common skills (the ones available to everyone) to beat them every single time without the possibility of a sorc player being able to do anything about it.
  • Silestia
    Silestia
    Soul Shriven
    Aerieth wrote: »
    Nerf rock, paper is fine.
    - Sincerely, Scissors.

A properly played nightblade or dragon knight can absolutely dismantle a sorcerer with little to no effort , it has happened to me many times.
    They are the rock to the scissors of sorcerers, dragon knights are particularly effective with nightblades a close second since it takes them a bit of effort. Sorcs on the other hand can defeat templars easily and nightblades with a bit of effort.

So the rock, paper, scissors analogy is quite accurate. Of course this only applies if player skill is equal, however a well played class will always beat a poorly played example of any other class which is as it should be.

Edited by Silestia on May 8, 2014 1:13AM
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    How about we build a bridge and get the eff over it already....

By the way, the term "Jack of all trades" doesnt mean what you think it does...
    Edited by SexyVette07 on May 8, 2014 4:31AM
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    Thundering Presence, Brawler, Reverse Slice, Mages Wrath, Crystal Blast, Shattering Prison. I AOE so big everyone in this thread just took damage.