The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Solar Barrage in PvP

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hullo!

I love Solar Barrage in PVE, but get how it would be ridiculous in PvP.

I would like to see in PvP the way it is EXCEPT --> make the cost double or triple to use it, and cut the duration down by 1/4. Only in PvP.
(or something like that)

Great damage, but you can't spam it.

Thoughts?

Tankz.

Z
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Hullo!

I love Solar Barrage in PVE, but get how it would be ridiculous in PvP.

I would like to see in PvP the way it is EXCEPT --> make the cost double or triple to use it, and cut the duration down by 1/4. Only in PvP.
    (or something like that)

Great damage, but you can't spam it.

Thoughts?

Tankz.

Z

As you note, it cannot be spammed. It is designed as a DoT.

Also, DoTs are standardized in both time duration and damage done according to the type of DoT it is. I expect this skill is no different so it would not make sense to change it and move away from the standardization Zenimax has worked hard to implement.

In other words, it works exactly as Zenimax intends it to work.
  • notReclaimer
    notReclaimer
    ✭✭
    What are you smoking
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are you smoking

Obviously something NOT good...

Let us never discuss this thread again...
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erm no. I dont think it needs adjustment.
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For pvp it needs adjustment. Damage is too low to make impact and 5% damage increase on class skills only is just a budget version of minor berserk. Make it 8-10% damage increase on skills or make it 5% to both healing and damage, however it still wouldn't be better skill than camo hunter from fighters guild.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    West93 wrote: »

For pvp it needs adjustment. Damage is too low to make impact and 5% damage increase on class skills only is just a budget version of minor berserk. Make it 8-10% damage increase on skills or make it 5% to both healing and damage, however it still wouldn't be better skill than camo hunter from fighters guild.

Well, I think even 5% to all skills would be good.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you smoking

Obviously something NOT good...

Let us never discuss this thread again...

Agreed, at least the OP didn't mention meatloaf, I'm sick of posts that contain it.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Op suggested double or triple cost. Half duration? Id never use it lol 3x cost is 7.5k mag. Thats asinine.

And we are still forgetting one painfully obvious thing: pvp and pve are not balanced separately. Meaning if they alter it for one it would have to be altered for the other so by default it would be unusable for both my pvp and pvp build. 👎
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

Op suggested double or triple cost. Half duration? Id never use it lol 3x cost is 7.5k mag. Thats asinine.

And we are still forgetting one painfully obvious thing: pvp and pve are not balanced separately. Meaning if they alter it for one it would have to be altered for the other so by default it would be unusable for both my pvp and pvp build. 👎

What if it was double the cost? What if was the same cost but half the duration?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What if it was double the cost? What if was the same cost but half the duration?

That would not be consistent with the overall design of skills Zenimax has implemented over the past couple of years. They have worked on bringing about consistency to help improve balancing.

As such they are not likely to start undoing all the work they put into that.

• boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

That would not be consistent with the overall design of skills Zenimax has implemented over the past couple of years. They have worked on bringing about consistency to help improve balancing.

Thats part of it but also half duration would effect ha builds which depend on long duration dots to be effective. For 2 bar its going to straight up knock out one of your ro's from 35% down to recast from every third rotation. That adds up substantially, especially considering execute is most of templars damage. All this when you consider that dk gets a 5% bonus to class skill as a passive. Several classes get flat damage bonuses to class skills and as well as a flat bonus to elemental abilities. Temp get one flat bonus and one crit meaning only one passive with a guaranteed damage buff, the other is rng based.

If you decide to double the cost id never use it for pvp. It would make it way too expensive to feasibly run for what you get. There are to many mandatory defensive skills that are too expensive for the class already with painfully few hard hitting abilities besides ro. And lets be honest in 1vx you spend a ton of time on bb. If you are running degen so you can use heroism pots in pve your also going to run into sustain issues without a doubt.

You really need to read up on other classes and skills before saying this. The skill does not need a nerf.

Edited by boi_anachronism_ on November 14, 2023 5:45PM
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Trash skill that I’ve barely seen used and never on my recap
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Standartisation turned all skills to reskins of each other and all classes to reskins of each other. Reverting that would be wonderfull. Game is still not balanced at all anyways. But they wont revert the changes.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solar barrage is only worth using with grothdaar, blade cloak, crescent sweep. This will proc burning light a lot. It’s like 5k+ damage every 2 seconds, and since it’s AOE damage it can’t be purged.
    Edited by Udrath on November 14, 2023 8:21PM
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I think even 5% to all skills would be good.

I would so prefer that change, so it's like the Abyssal Ink from Arcanist.

Right now I slot Quick Cloak on my backbar with Spectral Cloak for the AOE mitigation, SC procs, and weapon enchant procs. Solar Barrage in its current form doesn't quite offer enough to unseat it.
    Edited by taugrim on November 14, 2023 9:53PM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Standartisation turned all skills to reskins of each other and all classes to reskins of each other. Reverting that would be wonderfull. Game is still not balanced at all anyways. But they wont revert the changes.

I was not suggesting it was a great idea to group skills and make each group pretty much all the same. I am not a proponent of homogenization as it makes things less interesting. I am merely noting a reason why the suggested change will not happen.

• SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just change it to incap or leap

easy peasy

little to no coding required
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not good still game have major evasion buff but templar not have major sunspere to counter major evasion with 20%+ bonus damage to class skills.
  • VinnyGambini
    VinnyGambini
    ✭✭✭
    It was said so many times - make jabs single dmg part not mitigable by evasion buffs, and make sunsphere 10% just as 2h passive. How many times do we need yo say this? Also, this changes won't affect pve. Its pure win win.
  • Y_so_Syrius
    Y_so_Syrius
    Soul Shriven

This ^ Plar sweeps/jabs already dont hit for nothing even with 8k WD/SD and 16k+ pen especially when Major evasion gives enemy players a 20% damage reduction from sweeps/jabs also magic damage in general is just weak unless you are a NB lol