Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Templar Blazing Shield Bug (misses)

Mazdryk
Mazdryk
The blazing shield skill just flat out misses or does zero damage very often. This was tested against mobs that are 3 levels below me.
  • Harbingers
    Harbingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is bodyblocked a majority of the time by other mobs.
    ~ Immersion is no substitute for Exposition ~
    Karesh Zeal - VR12 Templar - Live
    Abyssiana Zeal - VR10 Dragon Knight - Beta - Retired by Zenimax 5/27
  • Mazdryk
    Mazdryk
    Even against solo mobs it would miss. There is no body blocking.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could it be a range issue? I find I often have problems with Radial Sweep because the range is shorter than the animation seems to indicate, and is particularly unpredictable with differences in elevation.

EDIT: Having tried it out, I think the problem is elevation: slight differences can cause it to miss. It's a common problem with short-ranged AoEs, it seems.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on May 6, 2014 10:12AM
  • Mazdryk
    Mazdryk
    But its a big AOE...If I recall its 5 meters and I don't think its elevation because I can stand perfectly still letting a mob beat on me and hit him once with sun shield then just flat out miss the next time.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radial Sweep is also 5 meters and it misses all the damn time.
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    5 meters is really short. Don't quote me on this, but I believe that is melee range. I know that I was able to shield bash mobs from the same distance my wife could lava whip them.
  • Mazdryk
    Mazdryk
    the distance was not the problem. The mobs are right next to me and it misses.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'm getting at is melee-range AoEs (which means 5 meters apparently) play very badly with even tiny differences in elevation. Even if you're right next to them, if they're slightly higher/lower than where you are the ability misses.