The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ability Delay

Rexo
Rexo
I don't know if its just me but I've noticed in Cyrodiil (all the time) and outside (sometimes) that my abilities are delayed. I will click my buttons as fast and as hard as possible and yet it takes seconds and multiple clicks for my abilities to activate. I've lost more fights in pvp because of this and its very frustrating. I know my computer and internet connection are fine if not great! Anyone else having these problems and know the source? Is there a way to fix it?
  • niocwy
    niocwy
    ✭✭✭
    I've also suffered this kind of lag since early access. But not all people have the problem.

The solution ? Better servers I guess. Or maybe my connection just suck.

Also if you're in EU server, certain people may argue that it's because the EU server is located somewhere in north america and thus more lag. Personally I don't know if this is really an issue...maybe...maybe not.
    Look at my profile picture. Visualize that muffin...smelling it...taking a bite...
    Are you hungry now ?
    Good.
    Options
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the lagfest is killing TESO, there're a delay in each skill and action that you do, also there're a desync that makes the game experience more disappointing.

GG ZoS!!!

Pleople playing 1st month: 2 millions

Pleople playing 2nd month: less than 0,5 millions

3th month: f2p and game died
    Edited by Ghenra on April 27, 2014 9:19AM
    Options
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    I also have noticed it, but I'm not quite sure if it's lag and I'm pretty sure it's not from being stunned/blocked/interrupted and/or from "cooldowns", it's as if the motion of combat is "stuttering" and needs to be smoothed out.
    Edited by Gwarok on April 27, 2014 9:26AM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

Options
  • Rexo
    Rexo
    I would say the ability that I notice it happening to the most is the vampire drain ability. Most of the time the others seem to work okay but this one has cost me more 1v1's and even group fights because it simply would not work when I clicked it over and over again. When it finally activated it was either too late or I barely escaped with my life.. There might be other abilities out there that are doing the same thing
    Options
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it is horrible at the moment. Weapon swap delay/lag and combat is bad with clunky animations that gives lag to abilities.

Needs fixing!
    Options
  • Devotion
    Devotion
    ✭✭
    Combat is very clunky and I dunno if it will get better.
    Options
  • Rexo
    Rexo
    I believe it will get better but its probably gonna be a little wait.. There are constantly fixing bugs so at least they are making an effort. Zenimax it would be a great idea if you fixed your combat asap! You would make your players very VERY happy!
    Options
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    weapon swap lag is what gets me. I hit swap I expect my next click to be a heal/DD etc.. when it's not the right one because my weapon swap delayed and time is ticking, let alone I used mana to AoE DD in stead of heal, just to see it swap after 3 clicks, then swap 2 more times because I spammed it thinking it didnt trigger.... THATS what gets to me.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
    Options
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    Ah! Another fix that TESO needs:

FIX THE MELEE WEAPON ANIMATIONS!!!!!

Most orthopedic game ever!!!!!!!! Every time that I hit with a melee attack, the animation lags 3 times!!
    Options
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they need to fix skill animations and make them more responsive/smoother, weapon swap delay/lag and how clunky the combat feels because of this.
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This delay did not happen to me at first couple of weeks but the last week or two it is quite disturbing. It seems that the HERO engine has same problem that it has in SWTOR. Animations are somehow linked to ability execution and next ability wont trigger if pressed with lagged animation. They seem to work all the time if i wait about half a second before pushing next attack after animation is ended but this is not real fix, not even workaround as it delays defeating mobs and drains more health than normal work.

It also seems to be same as SWTOR that it only gets worse if you push next ability more than one time if it does not trigger, this makes some odd delay loop that prevents next abiliuty from triggering.

This is not happening on all anilities, just some and it was just as same in SWTOR. Bad engine.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
    Options
  • Ziz
    Ziz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rexo wrote: »
    I don't know if its just me but I've noticed in Cyrodiil (all the time) and outside (sometimes) that my abilities are delayed. I will click my buttons as fast and as hard as possible and yet it takes seconds and multiple clicks for my abilities to activate. I've lost more fights in pvp because of this and its very frustrating. I know my computer and internet connection are fine if not great! Anyone else having these problems and know the source? Is there a way to fix it?

It's a problem of their terrible game/systems/engine what ever. It's the leading reason I unsubbed
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this happens to me constantly and its 90% of the reasons i die. and i live only 100 miles away from zenimax. so i know is not my internet.
    Options
  • e.gamemarkb14_ESO
    e.gamemarkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have come close to dying several times over the past several days from ability delays, or they simply do not fire. I am able to move around and not under some negate effect either, its actually very noticeable.

Not sure what is causing this, but its been quite prevalent since this last update.
    Options
  • cisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESO
    What I experience is something like this : Using a bow light attack, if you notice theres an arrow swooshing sound if executed correctly. Now the sound is relatively responsive ( I play from SEA after all) but the animation is awful. Sometimes the sound fx is there but the bow pulling animation only happens like 1-2 secs later. So its like im playing with just a reticle and the sound fx.
    Options