Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

OPENING 130 BUOYANT ARMIGER CROWN CRATES

• daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the criticism about this topic is pointed towards the people whom can affort and know how to handle their finances. People have been gambling for centuries so it's nothing new nor do I get upset or envy about it. I do get salty about the business model though.

Play responsible, kids.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? Maybe it's time for ZOS to implement some "social safety net" policies so normal folks could afford to buy crowns too?
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    Why? Maybe it's time for ZOS to implement some "social safety net" policies so normal folks could afford to buy crowns too?

Good idea. Maybe they should. And a big blinking warning box or a pop-up on every crate page in the store.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »

Good idea. Maybe they should. And a big blinking warning box or a pop-up on every crate page in the store.

The "why?" question was meant for the OP, but ya, if I got enough money to buy 130 crown crates I'm going to pay my electric bill or the rent with it lol.
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm sure that ZoS is leaving a TON of money on the table by having the majority of items locked away behind Crown Crates instead of making them available through the Crown Store.

I for one will NEVER pay to open a Crown Crate. And the occasional one that drops via a daily reward reeks of the same tactics that drug dealers use to get people hooked.

It all feels so unethical to me.
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ESO_CenturionPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree about the “free” crate they give you. It seems like an entryway to entice more gambling box purchases. Same with the crates from Twitch drops.
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm sure that ZoS is leaving a TON of money on the table by having the majority of items locked away behind Crown Crates instead of making them available through the Crown Store.

I for one will NEVER pay to open a Crown Crate. And the occasional one that drops via a daily reward reeks of the same tactics that drug dealers use to get people hooked.

It all feels so unethical to me.

Agreed. Except in my case it's "never again". Past experience has taught me that the only way to beat the RNG of crown crates is to never buy any crates.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »

I mean, when you hear advertisements about lottery on the radio or TV (at least where I live) you always get the comment that "gambling can be addictive." That might not be a bad idea in the case of the crown crates too...