Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Sky Ship - HSS Nalzthdbar - Military Grade

toovy
toovy
✭✭✭
Dear ESO Community,

After the first big sky ship project Sky Ship - HSS Arkthzund I was asked, that the ship lacks fire power. So the next project was born: A military version of the current civil build. As I wanted to have it embeded into a little storry, the final idea was born when I visited STILLWATERS RETREAT at a frind. The little ice cave on the far right side of the frozen lake triggered it. Thanks Lendil.

So construction started and thanks to dwemer technology the challange has been achieved...:

wmtmvhpxls8g.jpg

So did you ever asked yourself, where the little gray statues are manufactured which you get from ESO when you subscribe to ESO+? The answer is there. The ice cave holds a crystal deposites, which are mined and brought to the work stations...

ag7kf3eljrfe.jpg

There the raw christals are cut to smaller pieces and are hand carved to the statues which you often find in your monthly reward for beeing part of ESO+. They are packed in crates and are made ready for transport via air fright. As the goods are quite valuable for ESO an armed version of an air ship was required. Tamriel has quite some nasty pirates.

mqldbp00s1so.jpg

The second work station:

p8hpu4jmmapf.jpg

Therfore the civil version got a wider deck to house four ballista to cover most of the possible attack angles. Furthermore a second gas baloon body was needed by the additional weight the defense meassures have added to the ship. The result:

acvatyk7o9ky.jpg

Ballista defending the ship:

peh13782bvqh.jpg

mkeer6yf8qln.jpg

• Firepower: 4 x Sige Ballista - (2x LH / 2x RH)

For sure the ship is full accessible with e further developed lower deck access of two clock work city doors. They allow more head space when entering the ship - work safety always first! Below you find the engine room with worker quarters, cargo areas and the captain quarters.

913tpqbuo3ua.jpg

Luckily the home has an old dwemer ruin at the entrance which was easily transformed into an easy to defend treasure bank, where ESO is storing the profits out of the trade with the statues.

btbcuzfw6i35.jpg

As usual my desire was to build in a way that it looks like it is a natural part of Tamriel. I hope you enjoy the setup and feel free to visit the location EU-PC Server @toovy flagged as the main house currently.

Next project is already in work. This time it will go underground :-)

Cheers, Karigasa

Previous Projects:
Botanicum in the Sky
Sky Ship - HSS Arkthzund

Special Thanks to my friends from Ellysium, Ars Necandi and Blut und Schweiß for supporting

Edited by toovy on September 29, 2023 3:29PM
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭
    Looks AMAZING!! Great job!
  • toovy
    toovy
    ✭✭✭
    kah wrote: »
    Looks AMAZING!! Great job!

Thank you!
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice skyship!
    The hull is a bit more elaborate looking than my efforts. I'll look into that.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Oh wow! This is awesome! I really like that engine room shot.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • aru
    aru
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot tell you how inspiring it is! Looks like now I have to bring my childhood dream to life, a house that turns into a rocket when needed :D
  • toovy
    toovy
    ✭✭✭
    MageCatF4F wrote: »
    Nice skyship!
    The hull is a bit more elaborate looking than my efforts. I'll look into that.

Honestly that is the most tricky and sometimes anoying part of the build. Often you try an idea and the next day you scrap it. The lack of round and triangle shaped parts makes it even more difikult. But if you found a shape, its something you can then recycle and further develope - and if you like the look its is incredibly rewarding.
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Oh wow! This is awesome! I really like that engine room shot.

Thank you Kevin. You will then love the next project as it will have more interior to explore. It is almost finished - and I am not so happy with the shape of the drill head, so maybe I need to play around with a second version. Also the choice of the house was probably not the best. Comming soon .... :-)
    aru wrote: »
    I cannot tell you how inspiring it is! Looks like now I have to bring my childhood dream to life, a house that turns into a rocket when needed :D

Thank you Aru - feel free to further develope it to your space ship
    Edited by toovy on October 1, 2023 1:01PM