Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What do you think of this solution for the crown store gifting pause?

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a different suggestion
    Imo they should increase the requirements to unlock gifting. Most scammers just use basic lvl 3 accounts because it's cost efficient, but if gifting required cp1000+ (or even cp500+), it would be much more difficult to set up. Sure, you can level up a new account, but it's much more effort, and as we all know, time=money. It is not possible to prevent 100% of scams, but making it more difficult to sell crowns would drastically reduce their number.

Also, people who buy gold from shady sites should be banned imo.

We do not know what has been happening and what level characters are used. Even then, they often adjust to changes which is why games have to constantly adapt as Firror noted. So a simple fix like this would likely not be very effective as they could just use bots to level up characters.

I do agree that anyone who purchases from third-party sites should be banned. I think that is in the TOS. If so it makes no sense to not do anything to players who did participate in such purchases.

• Aorys
    Aorys
    ✭✭✭✭
    bots and gold seller are already a big problem, even more with gifting disabled, as players can't sell crowns to aquire gold anymore, they will seek illegal means
  • Arximond
    Arximond
    Soul Shriven
    In fact, it's not necessarily ESO+ tokens, it can also be tokens with crowns. You can offer 2 options for such a solution: to make a separate exchange system, for example, in the capitals of the alliance to create merchants, according to the type of guild, and instead of including gifts, you can make a button (send "enter the number" of crowns to the exchange trader). Set the rate depending on supply/ demand, so as not to produce virtual crowns, and the company earned money, the restriction should sound like (crowns can be sent to the exchange after 3-10 days after purchase, if not on the ESO+ account. /// or if a person bought 2000 crowns and then wanted to sell them, then he for real money I have to buy 4000 crowns or wait six months/a year since the last purchase). Since ZAZ does not have a subscription as in WOW, then ESO + tokens are questionable. But such an in-game exchange would really allow you to get rid of black and gray schemes, since 90% of people would prefer such an in-game official scheme than to contact third-party sites. the 2nd version of this scheme is not an in-game exchange of crowns, but an exchange of gifts, almost as it was now, only instead of sending gifts to a friend, they are sent to the exchange, in this case it is less convenient to adjust the exchange rate, since different gifts will be bought with different intensity, and a rigid crown / gold value ratio is needed here, because otherwise you can players themselves are allowed to set the cost of certain gifts in gold. Such a centralized system would allow better tracking of fraud options. The problem with ZOS is that the exchange system seems to have been, but like many things in BETHESDA, it was not finalized, such as the LFG system, which they only introduce in the 40 patch, and the system for creating groups in dungeons so that there were players of approximately the same rating in the party. I am not an expert on the history of the game, but something tells me that they also introduced guild merchants because they could not implement a single auction at that time.