Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

what do you think of the new class sets??

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
(EDIT: i had just assumed that these were a part of some DLC because why wouldnt they be.. Please forgive my hubris)
I am not opposed to the idea but i think the examples we have seen are kind of strong for class specific sets and benefit really specific playstyles for certain classes in a way that makes it trivial compared to someone who might not have that...

examples being the dk class set that increases healing and ult gen would put current corrosive dks below class set wielding corrosive dks
i just dont think that a class set should determine the way a class is played but instead provide more vaguely applicable bonuses..

sorc set is cool and is probably going to be the best in terms of necessity and balance but like i said... having applied to all skills instead of just/or changing the effects of one could cause an extreme lack of balance in the future.... not to mention that these sets just look really strong like overpowered strong..

imagine not knowing what is coming next patch as a pretty good pvp player and then getting absolutely slammed by someone wearing these sets.. the pve effects would take longer to kick in but im sure it will become an issue eventually....
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 17, 2023 5:07PM

what do you think of the new class sets?? 60 votes

they're good
21% 13 votes
kind of p2w
10% 6 votes
idc doesn't affect how i play the game..
68% 41 votes
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're not buying the sets directly for a premium not availiable to all,not really P2W,ppl still seem to misunderstand the idea of P2W,and DLC content stuff not P2W.If it was OP,they'll nerf em in a patch or 2 after release to add new OP set.
    Options
  • Punitio
    Punitio
    ✭✭✭
    Dk set is tier S omega broken for pvp, and the rest are trash not worth using.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them because they do no harm. That is to say, none of them will tempt me to change up current gear setups. ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a base game option so everyone can get them so not P2W.

Personally, I think many of them seem like they would be more functional than fun which isn't generally what I hope for from item sets.

With that said, keep in mind that all of us that are responding are just speculating based on the details we know.

The sets may not function exactly as we expect and changes may exist that may shift the way the sets function.

For example, people are very concerned about the DK set due to Corrosive. If Corrosive ends up getting nerfed significantly in the PTS the set people are concerned about may significantly lose value.

Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't be using them at all. The stuff my CP 160s are wearing is miles better (except for the DK set, but I don't have a CP 160 DK, and don't care if I ever do).

Not to mention I have zero interest in the arena-ish dungeon-ish setup.
    Edited by TaSheen on September 16, 2023 10:17PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your options have no comparable differences to each other.
    Options
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhh its all base game bud. Poll is bunk. That said the dk set is busted.com/why/Disaster-Sauce #WhyDoesZosHatePvP #Choices
    Options
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no intention what so ever of spending vast amounts of time grinding in a never ending dungeon for any sets, even if they are good sets, and from what I've seen, none of them are especially good.

There is already far too much grinding in this game. Grinding for gear is not fun.
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great concept, could be better execution. Can’t wait to see the other 2/3 of the sets.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. They're being added to the base game, so it's not P2W, unless you think other classes are P2W, which they aren't.
    2. Some are good, some are bad, but none are going to shake up the meta in PVE. In pvp, that DK one is going to get a hard nerf before release or else it will probably really shake up the pvp meta.

They're fine. I like the Nightblade one, since it'll allow me to do an old setup I haven't been able to play since 2017. Otherwise they're a bit disappointing ngl.
    Edited by merpins on September 17, 2023 12:43AM
    Options
  • Remiem
    Remiem
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea that will most likely devolve into another way of overloading some classes instead of promoting new ways to play.
    It's tiring to see the same class bias patch after patch, why are the DK and NB sets so much better than the rest?
    Balanced by people with no prior gamedev experience, couldn't fix performance issues in a decade, can't code a real matchmaking algorithm to save their lives, more maintenance downtime than all the other MMOs put together, more bugs introduced than bugs fixed every big patch, same stagnant combat for years.
    Done with Elder Joke Online: 2 seconds of input delay on "70" ping edition.
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merpins wrote: »
    1. They're being added to the base game, so it's not P2W, unless you think other classes are P2W, which they aren't.
    2. Some are good, some are bad, but none are going to shake up the meta in PVE. In pvp, that DK one is going to get a hard nerf before release or else it will probably really shake up the pvp meta.

They're fine. I like the Nightblade one, since it'll allow me to do an old setup I haven't been able to play since 2017. Otherwise they're a bit disappointing ngl.

I also think either the dk set itself will see some changes or corrosive itself will then I remember back to Sloads and oakensoul pts cycles where the community were very loud about them being problematic and it still went live so who knows
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what new class sets
    at a place nobody knows
    Options
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is They Are Bad
    Options
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To my totally not theorycrafting eye most of new sets appear silly. But I'm not going to design an effective build by myself anyway so it really depends if any appear in recommended builds around.
    Options
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think.. almost nothing at all makes them feel really special and they seem like they could've just been x,y,z set from whatever DLC (except there's a class restriction on em')

They had better look amazing because honestly I expected far better when I heard they were making class specific armors.
    love is love
    Options
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    i like the idea but why on earth would they make the best set by far for the already broken dk in pvp?

Its already unplayable with dk abusers
    Options
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    This poll isn't the best. First of all they cannot be p2w since it will be a base game upgrade, everyone will have access to them. As for the sets themselves. I really like them in concept, it's something new. Some of them sound pretty OP (like DK for example), but we will have 6 weeks of PTS first, I'm sure they will get tweaked beforehand.

What is the most interesting is that the devs are clearly looking for new playstyles and trying out new things which I 100% encourage. People have been complaining about classes feeling same-y for the longest of time. I see class sets as a step in the right direction.
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
    Options
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Punitio wrote: »
    Dk set is tier S omega broken for pvp, and the rest are trash not worth using.

It's not, You already get better results with trickery+heroism pots, it will be just an alternative for those who can't afford themselves to use heroism pots.

If anything it's pretty dissapointing set because it doesn't bring anything new to the DK playstyle since setups having increased ulti gen and healing are already present in the game.
    Edited by Galeriano on September 17, 2023 10:50AM
    Options
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they're great idea, but they should cover each play style with light, medium and heavy versions which buff the respective skill lines. So imo we need more of them in the future.
    PC EU
    Options
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they're great idea, but they should cover each play style with light, medium and heavy versions which buff the respective skill lines. So imo we need more of them in the future.

They already hinted that they want to release more sets in the future. A set for each class skill line at least. So even if you don't end up liking this first set of a particular class you know you have at least 2 more future class sets to look forward to.

Sets will drop in H/M/L versions, you can mix and tweak yourself depending on your personal choice and needs.
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
    Options
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, idk about the other sets as much, but as a Stamden 2H\bow build I'm not going after the Warden set anytime soon.

And I have no desire to convert my main into a Magden Healer to get the most benefit out of the set, unless I misunderstood what was shown. So much for "play as you want".

I'm ok with that, if others like them that's cool. I like the sets I'm running now and TBH the class sets were of little interest, there is much cooler content in that update for me :)
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
    Options
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    FayJolyn wrote: »

They already hinted that they want to release more sets in the future. A set for each class skill line at least. So even if you don't end up liking this first set of a particular class you know you have at least 2 more future class sets to look forward to.

Sets will drop in H/M/L versions, you can mix and tweak yourself depending on your personal choice and needs.

oh i didn't know that! glad to hear.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Lozeenge
    Lozeenge
    ✭✭✭
    i mentioned it in the other thread but it's very strange how some of these sets appear to have drawback effects despite not even being a mythic. "lose half of your total main resource after the proc ends" just seems like they're bullying templars at this point.

they're going to be competing with other BiS five-piece sets that have no class restrictions on them. probably because EA is only base game, but shhhhhh ;)
    PC-NA / 1500+ CP / PvE mostly / "Mama didn't raise no tank."
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Mr_Jord_Joe
    Mr_Jord_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    On templar set, i like to know

''When at max stacks, your Dawn's Wrath abilities deal 25% bonus damage and a Wrathful Nova is cast on the enemy, but you cannot refresh Sunlight.''

What is this that not even the set says what it is, I thought it was some skill from the templar himself, but i see nothing else with that name...
    Options
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK is overpowered

the rest arent worth running, not even for niche builds

weird how bad they are

or is it?
    Options
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that the ppl sitting there going "dks already had this... blah blah blah" need to get a grip and realize that:

A ) their super under the radar, extremely expensive setup that literally no one knows about or uses except serious pvpers that pour through tool tips for hrs.. was never going to cause an unhealthy meta shift.

B ) this set painfully obviously can shift the meta. Its common knowledge, its undeniably strong, and its accessible to literally everyone being a base game set.... and its cheap.

C ) You are arguing completely in bad faith and purposefully sidestepping the issue. It will become one of the most used sets in pvp. Denying it at this point is embarrassing.

The only question that needs to be answered is this: is the set good for the health of the game.

Obviously its not.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on September 25, 2023 4:38PM
    Options
  • Lalothen
    Lalothen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the whole premise of these sets needs to be revisited tbh. Yet more 5-piece sets being added when 70%+ of current 5-piece sets are pointless fillers for loot tables, is not the way to go. They also need to not be making class sets that are clearly OP for PvP. In fact, I don't believe they should be gating any new PvP-oriented sets behind PvE content - so the EA class sets should all be designed for PvE.

I would eventually like to see class sets for PvP too, but frankly that should come as part of some sort of new PvP content.
    Options
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lalothen wrote: »
    I think the whole premise of these sets needs to be revisited tbh. Yet more 5-piece sets being added when 70%+ of current 5-piece sets are pointless fillers for loot tables, is not the way to go. They also need to not be making class sets that are clearly OP for PvP. In fact, I don't believe they should be gating any new PvP-oriented sets behind PvE content - so the EA class sets should all be designed for PvE.

I would eventually like to see class sets for PvP too, but frankly that should come as part of some sort of new PvP content.

i agree. i think they should be redesigned as 3 piece bonuses.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    Options