Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Housing request - daily writs

Rageypoo
Rageypoo
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like to request this furnishing service (as 1 piece, either as special collection or special furnishing) to be added for housings please, and allow it to be interactible when doing writs in your home or guildhall please. A Writ master guest to spend writ vouchers would also be appreciated. Would be great if this was added as an unlock reward for the "Master Crafter" achievement.

Thank you.

7elb96u5vh37.png
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 28, 2023 6:15PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't support this idea. I like seeing a populated zone. Taking away reasons to visit towns in my opinion isn't good for the game.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I don't think this should happen.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been asked many times along with other services like stable masters before but they did not added it. Since adding these might make cities deserted.

• XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for it. Should be an option at least. If everyone chooses to do it then they don't care if cities are populated either. The ones that care can stay in the cities and look at all the pets flopping around.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I don't support this idea. I like seeing a populated zone. Taking away reasons to visit towns in my opinion isn't good for the game.

And that's exactly why you can't do daily quests in your house, why your merchant doesn't repair armor, why your banker doesn't have access to guild banks, and why Pirharri doesn't launder items.

ZOS doesn't want players holed up in their houses. They want you to be seen in public in your spiffy outfits, using crown store effects, and riding expensive mounts. Besides, how else are you going to have to endure getting mudballed, having big flappy things blocking your view, reading toxic zone chat, and getting seasick from hypnotic green swirly thingies?
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really do writs or use housing outside of the guild halls and such for crafting, but for those that do, I'd totally support this as long as it was not in the crown store and it was something earnable in game like after you got the achievements for completing the writs and fully trained a mount on 1 character.
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • Gray_howling_parrot
    Gray_howling_parrot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely prefer cities and metropolis areas - especially new DLC ones - to any of the houses in game, so I'm not worried about that taking away from me being in the cities
    ESO YouTube Content Creator & Templar Tank/Healer Main
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my first readthrough, I actually read it wrong and thought it sounded like an interesting idea.

I agree that the thing actually requested should never happen, because if the game went in that direction and kept going in that direction then eventually a lot of players would just be logging into their houses every day and doing everything there for the day, never bothering to leave their houses for anything before they log out.

As for what I initially and mistakenly thought was being asked for, it might be interesting to have an additional daily crafting writ that asks us to craft some sort of furnishing, similar to the special writs we can get during the New Life festival. But they would have to be simple things that don't require a lot of materials, otherwise they would be too expensive to do; and they should not conflict with or obviate the New Life festival writs. The daily rewards coffer could contain a few basic crafting materials, perhaps with an occasional master writ based on how many blueprints and such the character has learned.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How many players just do daily crafting writs and log off, though?

I do them on quite a few characters now, but then I go and do endeavors and a bunch of other stuff. It would be nice to use my house to pick up the writs and craft them all, then turn them in.

I understand the concern, but just how great of an impact would it really have?

Besides, the town where I do my crafting is pretty empty now already.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many players just do daily crafting writs and log off, though?

I do them on quite a few characters now, but then I go and do endeavors and a bunch of other stuff. It would be nice to use my house to pick up the writs and craft them all, then turn them in.

I understand the concern, but just how great of an impact would it really have?

Besides, the town where I do my crafting is pretty empty now already.

Sure most players are going to do other things besides what happens in town. But for a while they will be in town. Players will come and go giving the town some sense of being active. Towns may sometimes appear empty now. This change would only make that worse.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still remember when they were zone locked for the crafting level of writs and you had to remember what items you had to craft. They've already made it easy enough, no need for this.

If it's taking you too much time, you just have to prioritize what you want/need to do and accept that you may not be able to do everything you want to.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really against it, but it would make towns seem fairly empty. So that would be a bad thing, as some players will claim the game is dying.

However, I do feel we need a master writ turn-in for in our house. This way those without add-ons do not have to port back and forth over and over and over and over and over and over again just to turn in their completed master writs.
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »

And that's exactly why you can't do daily quests in your house, why your merchant doesn't repair armor, why your banker doesn't have access to guild banks, and why Pirharri doesn't launder items.

ZOS doesn't want players holed up in their houses. They want you to be seen in public in your spiffy outfits, using crown store effects, and riding expensive mounts. Besides, how else are you going to have to endure getting mudballed, having big flappy things blocking your view, reading toxic zone chat, and getting seasick from hypnotic green swirly thingies?

Hahaha pretty much so

• LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No thank you.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the reasoning that cities will seem less full, but the amount of time I spend there doing crafting writs is actually quite small. I also argue that a significant amount of money is involved in the purchase of a house, and useful functionality has not been added to them. I do not consider houseguests and pathing as useful, for the record.

Doing crafting writs in towns subjects you to bothersome combat pets, other players whispering for free crafting, dueling in the crafting area, horrible zone text chat that cannot be turned off on console, and mud balls and other distractions. There are enough duelers hanging out in towns to make them “feel alive” without crafters, if that’s what you want.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA