The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "New Unfeathered Crown Crates"

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    Are the Heartland Cats supposed to have 4 ears?

There are a number of "Prong Eared" cats in the game. Some sort of Tamriellic mutation, I suppose.

It's actually a real mutation! In fact, poly mutations in cats are less uncommon than you would think. Many cats are also born with extra toes, some even functioning more or less like thumbs! Cats are, as ever, weird.

Absolutely this! I've probably had 60 cats over my lifetime. Several had the extra ear thing, and several others had more toes (polydactyl - I had a Maine Cuhn (misspelled because the forum rules are.... uh.... yeah whatever) who had 8 toes on each paw, front and back. This guy stood knee high to me.... HUGE cat....). There are very well known 6 toed cats at the Hemingway Home and Museum:

https://www.hemingwayhome.com/our-cats

That's a lot of kitties! 😱 Do you foster?

Great anecdote and link. 👍 I didn't know about the museum!

I used to - but husband isn't well (he's nearly 90), and we have his "only dog" (a Brittany) who's never been exposed to kitties. She's.... pretty spoiled.... And older (going on 10) so I haven't wanted to try "breaking her in to something new". I love cats, dogs, and horses for sure - our horses got old and died over 10 years ago now, and we were just too old to start over at that point.

The other problem with fostering here is that the area where I live is not..... um.... involved in small animals. So those who do foster eventually find themselves with many many cats, dogs, rabbits, chickens, etc. - and no one wants to adopt.

It's not a great environment - and at this point I just can't take on the emotional fugue;.

We visited the Hemingway Home and Museum when were were in the Keys around a couple of trips to the Bahamas. It's actually a truly wonderful place!
    Edited by TaSheen on July 18, 2023 2:09AM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    Are the Heartland Cats supposed to have 4 ears?

There are a number of "Prong Eared" cats in the game. Some sort of Tamriellic mutation, I suppose.

It's actually a real mutation! In fact, poly mutations in cats are less uncommon than you would think. Many cats are also born with extra toes, some even functioning more or less like thumbs! Cats are, as ever, weird.

Absolutely this! I've probably had 60 cats over my lifetime. Several had the extra ear thing, and several others had more toes (polydactyl - I had a Maine Cuhn (misspelled because the forum rules are.... uh.... yeah whatever) who had 8 toes on each paw, front and back. This guy stood knee high to me.... HUGE cat....). There are very well known 6 toed cats at the Hemingway Home and Museum:

https://www.hemingwayhome.com/our-cats

That's a lot of kitties! 😱 Do you foster?

Great anecdote and link. 👍 I didn't know about the museum!

I used to - but husband isn't well (he's nearly 90), and we have his "only dog" (a Brittany) who's never been exposed to kitties. She's.... pretty spoiled.... And older (going on 10) so I haven't wanted to try "breaking her in to something new". I love cats, dogs, and horses for sure - our horses got old and died over 10 years ago now, and we were just too old to start over at that point.

The other problem with fostering here is that the area where I live is not..... um.... involved in small animals. So those who do foster eventually find themselves with many many cats, dogs, rabbits, chickens, etc. - and no one wants to adopt.

It's not a great environment - and at this point I just can't take on the emotional fugue;.

We visited the Hemingway Home and Museum when were were in the Keys around a couple of trips to the Bahamas. It's actually a truly wonderful place!

TaSheen, you are awesome. Fostering people are GOAT (greatest of all time). Even if you are currently "retired" from fostering. :)
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wolf_Eye - aw, thank you!

*laughs at self* When you get right down to it, I'm retired from most of everything except taking care of husband. I still donate quite a bit (including having food and supplies delivered as well as money) to several local fostering folks. It's a heavy load for them, so I do what I can.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

Options
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My current cat is polydactyl. She has more than 22 claws, plus a couple of supernumerary digits without them.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    My current cat is polydactyl. She has more than 22 claws, plus a couple of supernumerary digits without them.

Wow! I bet when she hugs your neck you know you've been "bear-hugged"!

Options